August 23, 2019

Trump To SCOTUS: Legalize Firing People For Being Gay

Welcome to the dark ages again!  I guess I and people like me will be the next ones int he concentration camps with the brown people.  I wonder if I will have to wear a pink triangle?  Seriously this is the person the Log Cabin Republicans just endorsed?   This is the guy that just this week bragged about how great he was for the gays?  I am watching the rights we fought decades for disappear in three short years.  It hurts people, it really hurts.   Thanks to the religious people like Mike Pence and Mike Pompeo  who seem driven to make life worse for others not like them.  Hugs

Trump To SCOTUS: Legalize Firing People For Being Gay

Dominic Holden reports at Buzzfeed News:

The Trump administration took its hardest line yet to legalize anti-gay discrimination on Friday when it asked the Supreme Court to declare that federal law allows private companies to fire workers based only on their sexual orientation. An amicus brief filed by the DOJ weighs in on two cases involving gay workers and what is meant by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which bans discrimination “because of sex.”

The administration argues courts nationwide should stop reading the civil rights law to protect gay, lesbian, and bisexual workers from bias because it was not originally intended to do so. That view conflicts with some lower court rulings that found targeting someone for their sexual orientation is an illegal form of both sex discrimination and sex stereotyping under Title VII.

1. Disgusting. Not only should Trump go but Kavanaugh needs to be got off SCOTUS for lying to Congress.Hopefully the 2020 elections will take care of all of that.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — August 23, 2019 @ 16:54

• Hello David. I hope you are right, I really do. However just as the racism against POC and different nationality will suffer for decades due to this administration so will the LGBTQ. We fought for so long to just get treated the same as everyone else, and now it is all going away to please hateful religions. This was to be a secular country, yet we are moving hard into a theocracy due to a damn minority. I am very sad today David. I wonder if this is how the Jewish people felt int he run up to the Nazi Germany? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 23, 2019 @ 17:09

2. I fucking hate Trump more every day. God, I fucking hate him!

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — August 23, 2019 @ 18:25

• Hello Jeff. I understand, really I do. Due to my past which you understand far better than most, I had to really work to get hate out of my system, out of the way I viewed life. If it had not been for Ron coming into my life I would have died in my 20’s an angry person unable to deal with my past.
      Yet due to all the bad news recently I found myself wanting to reach for the knives again. Ron still keeps all the X-ACTO Knives hidden. I asked him recently where they were and that made him really nervous. I am waffling between despair and anger. I break down crying several times a day now. Nan has suggested I start again on counseling from a mental health provider, yet my insurance doesn’t cover it and we are struggling to make ends meet now as it is. Ron who is struggling so badly working 12 hour shifts at a place he hates has told me if I need to do it he will pick up extra shifts. I can not let him do that. Yet the intrusive thoughts don’t stop Jeff. No matter what I do , day or night, anything that normal people wouldn’t even think twice about sets off the cascading memories. They keep coming and coming and coming. As you know. We all go through our own journey, yet what this administration is doing is ripping the half healed wounds open on me again. I don’t talk about it much on my Toy Box because it makes people upset. They don’t want to hear my struggles with life. But Jeff I find self harm more and more in my thoughts. It is hard to explain. Randy did a wonderful job explaining it to me once, it has something to do with distracting the mind and releasing chemicals in to the brain. shit I just read this and realized it sounds really depressing. No worries my friend I am not going to cut myself tonight ( Ron will wake up and see it and then there will be hell to pay ) I am just frustrated and sick at the loss of human rights by people who claim to be guided by a holy god. Best wishes to you, sorry I unloaded on you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 23, 2019 @ 18:48

• Feel free to vent whenever you need to. I understand everything you are saying 100% as I feel the and think the same way quite often. Without the therapist I see, I would not survive. Feel free to send me an email if you want to and vent. I understand exactly what you are experiencing.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — August 23, 2019 @ 18:51

• Hello Jeff, you are grand. While I want to take you up on that just to finally talk about it and appreciate the offer you are making I would feel horrible at adding to your own burdens. I feel I must just put my feeling and emotions in a chest warped in chains and placed in the deepest part to the ocean, the same thing I have tried all my life to do with my childhood. I simply won’t inflict more pain on you, you have withstood enough of your own. I will send you an email through on something that has been filling my mind. I wonder if it is normal. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 23, 2019 @ 18:58

• Sounds good.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — August 24, 2019 @ 09:24

• Hi Scottie. I am searching around WP tonight looking at some older posts, and came across this one which never hit the news in my part of the world. (That is surprising because the conservative govt in my province normally jumps on board this kind of stupidity, so they must have mi
            ssed it too!) Anyways, it is a month now since you wrote it, so I am wondering if there is an update on it?
            But really why I am writing is to say you are a normal person. There is nothing abnormal about you to the best of my knowledge. But don’t carry all these things inside of you. They will only fester. I don’t know why readers would not want you to talk about what is going on in your life, but who is more important, your readers, or you. YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST. Otherwise you will not be around to write about the other things you write about. Anyone who says what YOU should write about is no responsible friend of yours, but a close-minded person who does not care about the real you.
            Yes, you have probably heard these words before, but please take them to heart. What is Rob going to do if you check out on him? I’m sure he wants you to stick around, in more ways than one. And while I am more of an acquaintance than a friend, I want you to stick around too. I like those hugs. (Big hug) to you.
            Do like Jill does, and snark to your heart’s content, and to your spirit’s need. (You know I do not mean that religiously. I see religion is one of the three biggest problems of humanity!) Allow yourself to heal, please.

Comment by rawgod — September 18, 2019 @ 08:35

• Hello Rawgod. Thank you, you are very kind. The case has not been announced yet from the court. Normally they hear a bunch of cases, take a few months to deliberate amongst each other and then release a bunch of rulings at the same time. On contentious stuff they hold the announcement until the end of the court term and then take their break. I will let everyone know when I hear the decision. As for healing, I don’t know if I will ever be healed. The memories tear the scabs off the wounds, and lately there has been to many bad news stories that trigger the memories. But I have much to be thankful for, a good home, food, a wonderful husband of 30 years, two loving cats, and all the wonderful internet friends. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2019 @ 09:44

• I give this comment five stars.

Comment by MDavis — September 19, 2019 @ 02:22

• I’m not sure why, Dear person, but thank you.

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 02:34

• Because I totally agree with you on taking care of yourself (esp. vis a vis Scottie), and you put it so well. Also, upvote only allows one.

Comment by MDavis — September 19, 2019 @ 12:15

• I try to say things well. Sometimes I succeed more than I think I do. Thank you for saying so.

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 12:18

3. I don’t like this development at all.
    Anything else I start to say just feels worthless and pointless at best.
    There is this, though. Treasure your cats. They are selfish little beasties in many ways, but they do what they can to take care of the ones they love. Try to listen to them and consider taking their advice when they tell you it’s time for a break from, well, everything.

Comment by MDavis — August 24, 2019 @ 03:44

• Hello MDavis. Yes they are wonderful. I wish I could have gotten a picture this morning. After they had their breakfast they both got up on the desk and sprawled out in front of the keyboard. Any idea of doing blogging had to wait until pets were give out, fur combed, bellies rubbed. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 24, 2019 @ 04:36

• Ahhhhh-choo! Sniff…sniff. Cough…cough. Ohhh my chest feels so tight. Deep Breath

Wait a minute guys … gotta’ go outside for a minute so I can breathe.

Comment by Nan — August 24, 2019 @ 11:43

• for the story of a guy (non-allergic) who woke up a single bacherlor one day to end the day as the “dad” of four cats, check out #catdad . I’ve only seen it on twitter but it is elsewhere now, apparently. And the kittens (spoiler alert) just turned one recently.

Comment by MDavis — August 24, 2019 @ 12:33

• I really don’t have anything against cats, per se. I’ve even owned a few in my lifetime. But Scottie recently talked about his allergic reactions to them and how he has to take shots to keep it under control. I’m just being sarcastic (one of my “many” talents).

Comment by Nan — August 24, 2019 @ 12:49

• I didn’t mean to be taking a shot, it’s just that your comment got me thinking this cat dad guy never mentions allergies. One often doesn’t think of allergies if one is not suffering from them.
              Also the cat dad story is something I go back to when I am feeling low. Dude has issues and actually talks about them from time to time, also about how his cats affect his life. Like the cat-on-a-keyboard effect.
              Anyway, it’s a trade off. When do the cats become a liability due to the allergies over balancing their soothing and protective effect? I used to have (sob) a cat who seemed to worry about me getting enough sleep. He’d trot by, ears up, indicating something really interesting going on in our bedroom. I’d smile and go back to what I was doing. Then five minutes later he’d trot by, ears up, indicating something really interesting going on in our bedroom… I’ve often wished I’d paid more attention to his suggestions for my self care.

Comment by MDavis — August 24, 2019 @ 14:36

• Hello Nan. Yup, shots, nasal sprays, and pills. But when they look you with such love, purr at your touch, and want to be with you it is magic. I am totally owned by them. I don’t know how to describe the warmth of having Milo in my arms looking up at me with such attention or the feeling of his paws on my hand or his body against my head at night as I sleep. You are correct, I would be better off health wise with out them, but my heart would hurt more. Oh good news. Ron and I have talked about the cat fur hair problem in my office ( it is everywhere and all over my stuff on the desk ) and we are getting a couple of air purifiers recommended for cat hair and dander. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 24, 2019 @ 14:43

• Hello MDavis. Thank you. I just googled it and it is wonderful. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 24, 2019 @ 14:37

• Hello Nan. 🤣😅😆😃🤩😻😻Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 24, 2019 @ 14:32

• Our Jake has picked up a trick of catching our eye and then sort of rolling his head over. It’s like if he was lying down and rolled over onto his back, but he does it standing up. It’s adorable, and he knows it.

Comment by MDavis — August 24, 2019 @ 12:35

4. I can’t press the “Like” button on that. What the Freaking Hell is going on?
    What are the Freaking Democrats doing, besides nothing?
    Don’t give up Man. Don’t let them get to you.

Comment by equinoxio21 — September 12, 2019 @ 15:32

• Hello Brian. I just can not understand how some people can hate so much. I can not understand hating so much you are OK with mistreatment of others. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 12, 2019 @ 15:45

• “Man is a wolf to man”. Now that the bug predators (lions, tigers, et al) Man is the only predator left. 😦
        And “hate” may not be the core of the problem. Maybe just a consequence. What I am seeing is a growing tendency of “conformity”? Everybody must be and act the same. That is tyranny. Or the beginning of. The hate is just a consequence… of not letting people be themselves. And watch carefully. Today it may be gays who are targeted. Tomorrow, it will be women who will be pushed out of the workplace. And sent back to the kitchen. “Where they belong” as many secretly think. (Or not so secretly)

Comment by equinoxio21 — September 13, 2019 @ 11:29

5. As for Trump and his Merry Band of Madmen, I know you can’t ignore them, but let their madness pass through you. Don’t allow it to stop inside you. I almost died doing that. I spent three months in the hospital for bowel disease that no one could diagnose the cause of. I was so stressed out inside, while maintaining my happy outward appearance. It was not worth it.
    Your demise is not worth it. Write.

Comment by rawgod — September 18, 2019 @ 08:51

• Hello Rawgod. Thank you again. I am glad you are better now. Life is stressful, and the losing of your rights adds to that stress. Having people wanting to not only deny you the basic rights but demanding your death really raises the the stress meter. But I will do my best to keep reporting the hateful mean things some people do. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2019 @ 09:49