August 29, 2019

Religious Iceberg

Filed under: Atheism, Cartoons, Memes, News, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 11:44

1. Christianity at it’s very best.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — August 29, 2019 @ 12:01

2. 😂 Thank you for being brave enough to post this. So true.

Comment by Mathew | Blog of the Wolf Boy — August 29, 2019 @ 14:46

• Hello Mathew. I am glad you see the worth of the meme. I have lots of stuff like that is you search my tag “Religion”. I have lost many viewers and gotten a lot of push back on my views on religion. Most won’t take the time to even talk to me about it, they rant and then refuses to talk to me. Some of them have established contact again. Here is my view. If you have a personal faith that you use to better yourself, provide comfort to yourself, and don’t push it on people but offer it when asked, and do not use to attack others, I have respect for that. I have no problem with that kind of belief regardless of deity or supernatural thingy. I personally do not believe in anything supernatural as I have seen no empirical evidence for it. Most religious people tell me they know god is real because they feel it. Feelings are not evidence. I am anti-religion, anti-theist, and hostile to any religion that uses their god / holy books to attack others, to control others, to deny rights to others, to scare kids, to force people to live by their doctrines and views, and to be authoritarian theocracies. These people want to steal our country and make it their church. I hate that. I think forcing religion on kids in secular schools is hateful. I think not recognizing others have different faiths or ideas than your religion is hateful, I think telling little kids that if the don’t love the big sky daddy enough and in the right way they will go to hell and burn forever in horrible pain worse than spankings is child abuse and something that child mostlers do. If you don’t’ give me your body and let me do what I want you will suffer and be in pain forever… SIckening. Anyway that is my view on it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 29, 2019 @ 15:46

3. Quite an accurate depiction, Scottie. I’d like to see this hanging on the wall right next to the crucifix perhaps.

Comment by Bill Ziegler — August 29, 2019 @ 20:42

• Hello Bill. I think anyone with a cross hanging on the wall would deny this meme. But I agree with you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 30, 2019 @ 04:40

4. Sadly, this is the absolute truth.

Comment by Ben — August 30, 2019 @ 22:22

• Hello Ben. I should have given it a caveat though. While most religions have these things, not all religious people feel this way. I have to keep reminding myself that not all religious people use their faith, their holy books, to bash others. Not all religious people try to force their religion on others. But a seriously large portion do those things. I have met good people who believe in god and I have to remember that just because the most vocal haters use religion that is not all of the religious people. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 31, 2019 @ 05:44

• True. I was not all of the things on the list, but I was many of them and didn’t even realize it. Religion, Christianity especially, is all of those things. Those who believe in God but reject the negative aspects of religion are common. They, like I did, make their own religion out of the parts of their faith they like best or what they are comfortable with. When you have a religion that preaches hatred and discrimination, most people have a hard time stomaching it all. That’s because deep down most people are decent, regardless of their religious leanings. That doesn’t mean that religion is harmless though. Fundamentalists will subscribe to all of the iceburg items and not think twice about proclaiming it to be holy and just.

Take care.