September 7, 2019

I may someday get back to the blogs I love

Filed under: Children, Family, Harm, Health, My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 13:31

I have a cold.   On Wednesday I had two shots into my lower spine.   Hurt like hell and weaken me a bit.   Then on Thursday I went to the allergy doctors office in the early morning for my shots.   There I met a young girl, three or four years old.  I met her because she rushed up to me and wanted to talk, wanted to give me every magazine and booklet she could get her tiny hands on.   She also was coughing a lot.  I asked her mother who also had a teen age girl and boy with her if the little girl who wanted my attention had allergies.   “Oh no” replied the mother earnestly, “she has a cold”.   My heart sank.   I do not blame the little girl but I do blame the mother.   I have a depressed immune system normally and I had just gotten a bunch of steroids the day before.  So I knew I would get sick.   I guess the look on my face must have said how much I disapproved because the woman came and picked up her daughter and took her to the child sitting area where there was currently no other people.  I felt sorry for the next little kids to come in and go there to handle the crayons and papers for drawing that the sick girl did.  So sure enough.  I felt OK Thursday, some discomfort Friday.  Friday night was the start, full on start of a cold.  It was a bad night.  Today I am worse and feel like crap, my throat feels like someone is using sandpaper on it while throwing some salt on it at the same time.   I am stuffed up.  My body hurts more than normal.   Breathing is harder.  I have been choked to nearly vomiting a few times by the sinuses draining into my throat.  The worst part is Ron is making a turkey breast with the fixings and I wont be able to taste it or enjoy it.  So I will be back in a few days.  Love to all.   Hugs

1. 😥

Comment by Nan — September 7, 2019 @ 13:44

2. Have you ever tried an epsom salt bath?

Comment by john zande — September 7, 2019 @ 13:54

• Hello John. For a cold? No I have not. I have a hot tub for my muscles but have not used it since we moved it. We have yet to run the electric for it as it needs its own breaker. It is a power hog. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 8, 2019 @ 03:20

3. So sorry you are ill. I send you thoughts of chicken soup. Get better soon!

Comment by appletonavenue — September 7, 2019 @ 14:04

• Hello appletonavenue. Thank you, much appreciated. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 8, 2019 @ 03:26

4. Aw, man – sorry to hear that. Get your rest, and can Ron brush out the cats for you? Less dander means less suffering for cat snuggles, right?
    Bright spot here – you’re thinking about food – it’s a good sign, even though it is too bad you won’t taste the turkey.
    You might also invest in those masks that go over your mouth-parts that are always out of stock during flu season. For next time, of course, bringing one to the doctor office might minimize your exposure. Or anywhere, I guess. People wear them around here when they have, like, bronchitis. The dr. offices have them next to a sign, asking people to put them on if they are coughing so they won’t share.

Comment by MDavis — September 7, 2019 @ 15:18

• Hello MDavis. Yes I eat a bit and them went right to bed. I had a horrible time trying to sleep and got up at 2 AM. I was having a hard time breathing because of the snot running down my throat and had to keep blowing my nose. That and the coughing. I was not worried so much about Ron getting it from me in bed because he uses a fall face c-pap mask. But I figured I was keeping him awake. As for brushing the cats, as soon as they had their breakfast both got up on the desk for pets, combing, and loves time. Odie is in on the couch now and Milo is sleeping next to my keyboard. Ron says they are staying extra close to me because they know I don’t feel well, I think they figure I will give them extra treats. 😺😸😻 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 8, 2019 @ 04:17

• I’m with Ron on this one. Cats can be jerks, but when they love you, they love you. They would consider your “treats” comment to be totally appropriate, though. It’s a cat thing.

Comment by MDavis — September 8, 2019 @ 14:58

• Hello MDavis. Cats are a study in contradictions. I wonder if I ever will understand cats, but I sure love them. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2019 @ 05:09

5. Icky! Hopefully you will be able to taste the leftovers! Get well soon!

Comment by koolaidmoms — September 7, 2019 @ 15:54

• Hello koolaidmoms. I hope so, Ron makes a great turkey meal. Bad part I was not able to help him at all, and so he had to do everything himself. But he was OK with that understanding how I felt. I hope this clears soon, I am not a happy camper as you might imagine. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 8, 2019 @ 04:19

6. Here’s hoping you are better real soon. I can relate. I went to the Cancer Center and shopping on Wednesday — felt a bit congested on Thursday, and woke up with a sore throat on Friday. I took Zinc yesterday along with ground ginger in milk; Zinc again this morning and mega dosed on Vitamin C. Other than a running nose, I feel much better. People don’t always think about how germs and viruses are spread, and neither does staff. Just imagine the germs that little girl is going to leave behind in the room where she sees the doctor!

Comment by Xena — September 7, 2019 @ 19:40

• Hello Xena. Yes. Normally you don’t think much of sneezing , coughing and running eyes in an allergist waiting room, you figure it is just a really bad allergy the person has started treatment for. I have not seen much of it in this doctors office but I have seen it in other doctors waiting rooms and I cringe knowing how easy I catch stuff. It just seemed off and the family was not seeming to care. So I asked the mother figuring she would tell me the child’s allergies and she told me without any understanding that it was a cold. This child was touching everything, coughing on people, running up to people and touching them. She was a active germ spreading factory. So if you were at the cancer center your own immune system is also compromised. I understand you taking the vitamins. I would add vitamin D to your list, double the normal dosage. I have to take both a double dose of one a day multivitamins and then extra vitamin D. Be well and best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 8, 2019 @ 04:28

• Scottie, it is amazing how people do not take the health of others into consideration. When I was approved for a program for a homemaker, the agency sent a “fill-in” who came into my home sneezing and blowing her nose. The next morning, I awoke with a sore throat and congested.

Thanks for the Vitamin D suggestion. I have Vitamin D3 and will double my dose.

Comment by Xena — September 8, 2019 @ 16:09