September 10, 2019

For those who couldn’t see the pictures in the NY Times article.

Filed under: Gun Control, News, NRA, Pictures — Scottie @ 11:47

David Amad, center, a gun rights activist in Texas, said Walmart’s new policy of discouraging customers from openly carrying firearms in its stores wasn’t a big deal.

Credit Loren Elliott/Reuters

An armed waitress at Shooters Grill in Rifle, Colo., one of more than 40 states that allow open carry in some form.

Credit Emily Kask/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

In 2013, Starbucks became one of the first national chains to state a preference that its customers not openly carry firearms in its stores.

Credit Lisa Wiltse for The New York Times

1. Thing is … the people in the states that allow open-carry probably don’t give two thoughts to the nincompoops that take advantage of it. There may be a FEW individuals who have good sense, but overall … ? Doubtful.

As for the businesses that request people not to open-carry, there will ALWAYS be those who won’t “be told what to do” (even though it’s merely a request).

Comment by Nan — September 10, 2019 @ 11:59

• BTW. thank you for posting these!

Comment by Nan — September 10, 2019 @ 12:01

• Hello Nan. Always you are welcome. The joy of me sharing is that people can read or watch what I feel is important. I am frustrated when people I share with can not read what I want to show them. I don’t expect everyone to agree with my priorities and my views, but I want them to be able to have the information, then tell me I can go fly a kite. These paywalls take a lot of joy out of sharing stuff with people. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 10, 2019 @ 12:38

• Hello Nan. I agree with you. There will always be social nitwits, social misfits, and anti-social idiots. But the great news is the tide has shifted. As the article pointed out, it is now on the business to help make the non-carrying customers feel comfortable instead of backing the guns rights want to openly carry groups. Just as a right to smoke was more important than you not wanting to breathe that smoke changed over time to people have a right not to be forced to breathe smokers output, it is now changing that people have a right to shop and eat without being scared of a gun carrying possible psycho. My feeling is if you have to push your right to openly carry where it is not wanted, and you don’t care how others feel, you are proving yourself a danger to others simply by your actions and dismissing their concerns. If you feel you must take your AR-15 with you to a local restaurant to enjoy the meal, you really are not there for the food. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 10, 2019 @ 12:35

2. Tiny, tiny dicks.

Comment by john zande — September 10, 2019 @ 12:03

• Hello John. ( giggle giggle) Yes! By the way did you see the crosses in the picture of the waitress carrying? First any place that has to have that many symbols of torture display I wouldn’t want to eat at, but if a waiter came up to us carrying a gun we would leave asking if it was that rough an establishment. How do you tip when your waiter is armed? Gives the phrase “give until it hurts” another meaning. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 10, 2019 @ 12:42

• They obviously don’t have a lot of faith in Jesus protecting them 😉

Comment by john zande — September 10, 2019 @ 12:43

• It has that “No step on snek” rattlesnake displayed, too, the one from the old timey flags. Also, I wonder if waitresses are expected to pack a gun even if they have to tart up a water gun to look the part. It’s a theme – “Shooter’s Grill” in “Rifle, CO” – are those new names?

Comment by MDavis — September 12, 2019 @ 01:34

• Hello MDavis. If the place is so dangerous the wait staff has to be armed, I don’t want to go there. Ron & I were in a large restaurant a bit back ago where one of the waitresses was in a bad mood, and she was cranked up against someone and she let everyone know about it even the customers. If she had been armed there would have been bloodshed. If they all were armed it would have been a shootout. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 12, 2019 @ 04:56

• I’d prefer if it was just some tourist destination gimmick, then the guns could easily be fake. Still, what kind of tourist would enjoy this nonsense? I’d see it, at best, as a site where a disgruntled person could smuggle waltz a real gun in unnoticed. Also, some tourist gimmicks should just not be done. This, if that is what it is, is one of them.

Comment by MDavis — September 12, 2019 @ 11:48

• Hello MDavis. I don’t think it is a theme restaurant unless the theme is Christian gun fundamentalism redneck. 😃😄 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 12, 2019 @ 12:06

3. Thanks for posting these, Scottie.

Comment by MDavis — September 12, 2019 @ 01:35

• Hello MDavis. I get frustrated when people can not read an article at a link I post or see the pictures. If that ever happens I hope people let me know so I can do something like this. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 12, 2019 @ 04:57