September 11, 2019

An incredibly powerful post. It is well worth the read

Filed under: Harm, Hate, History, Ideas, opinion, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 14:16

1. Hi, Scottie – yes it is, and so are the other essays he’s written. And he was in a position to know what was BS back then, just as he has a valid viewpoint for what’s REALLY harming our nation these days. Thanks for the link, I’ve been following Jim for a lot of years now, and I promote his stuff all the time.

Dennis

Comment by Dennis Cole — September 11, 2019 @ 14:45

• Hello Dennis. You have provided me the link for his blog before. I have it saved in one of my favorite places. The problem is I can not follow him due to the differences between Blogger and WordPress. I would if there was a method I could use. So while I like his writing, I forget to go check it out until reminded. I will have to see if he has set up an email subscribe thing, I had another blog I used to follow that was on blogger. It was a hassle to set up but when done then I got an email for each new posts. If you know him you could ask him for me. Even reblogging the post is harder when doing it cross platforms. I even tried to do it with twitter, but simply gave up and did it this way. Thanks again for pointing out the post, and if you notice another of his posts I should read, please let me know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 14:55

• Hello Dennis, I just found the email subscribe. I will try that. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 14:57

• Hello Dennis. It worked. I am now subscribed. It was not there the first time I check a while ago. But it says I will now get updates when he posts. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 15:00

2. His post was powerful, no doubt. But IMO, overdone. He could have stopped way before he did and the message would have been just as potent … just as effective … just as compelling. But I suppose he had to get it off his chest …

Comment by Nan — September 11, 2019 @ 15:46

• Hello Nan. As we all do. I can see your point. But I can see his. He went all in and lived the emotions of that time. He does long posts which is a draw back. I remember a few times you telling me I had gone too far when I felt something need to be said. We all have different experiences in this life, and that tends to get me into trouble. Some times I just have to write about the memories I fight which upset some people and even you have suggested I start counseling again. But being able to express those things in my terms on my time table is one reason I have my blog. He is trying to deal with the ideals of the country vs what the country really is and what he went through. Dang if I have not been there. For years I denied my abuse where there was records of it, only to have to accept it and then reconcile it with the world I built up to deny it. I think that is what he is doing. He got sucked into the emotion, the lie, the drive… and then he seen it was not as the cult leaders wanted him to believe he was told it was. Politics are not much different than cults in my view, they can run the same scams if you let them.
      Nan if I misunderstood you comment please correct me. This cold is kicking my butt and making everything I try to do really hard. I am truly amazed at how much snot one body can produce. On the other hand I have just increased the profit of facial tissues a bunch. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 16:20

• No, I don’t think you misunderstood me. I have no doubts it was good therapy for him. I just think he went overboard. But that’s me. I rarely read long posts (Jill and Ben are exceptions) because to me, a person doesn’t need to say the same things (just worded a bit differently) over and over. I realize it may help the writer — and that’s OK — but I’m just not into reading a “book” in a blog post.

One thing about all the snot — seems to me it’s a good sign the cold is breaking up. 🙂 You’ll undoubtedly be back to (your) normal self by the weekend.

BTW, just so you know, we’re leaving in a couple of days and will be traveling for about 10 days. Needless to say, my online interaction will greatly depend on internet access. Plus, I’ll be on my 8″ i-Pad so that also plays a role. I have an older laptop — and I do take it — but it’s not all that convenient to use in the motorhome.

Comment by Nan — September 11, 2019 @ 17:04

• Hello Nan. I love you are getting to travel, that is the best. I remember when we had our RV and the trips we took. It was grand.
          As to the snot, you may be correct, but it simply feels… suffocating, not to mention the boxes of facial tissue I have gone eliminated.
          On long blog posts I agree. I often struggle to read all the way through them. Especially if they are written in a higher education level than I have, because it is hard for me to understand. By the time I have to look up the fifth word I am pretty discouraged to read more. On the other hand I get really excited to read blogs that have the information that I can understand it like Ark’s blog or yours. I do admit I have to look up stuff he simply drops with out references. Anyway contrast that with Professor Taboo. I love him. I adore him. I can not normally figure out what he is saying on his posts. I get lost trying to read them. I know it is because I don’t have an education, but it is so hard to follow I normally just give up. I don’t mean any disrespect to him, I really care for him, I just can not understand his posts.
          Anyway I look forward to new on your journey and wish you the best. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 17:49

• In MOST cases (excluding heavy scientific stuff), I can “follow along” fairly well. But most of the time, long post writers get repetitive and this is what turns me off. Say what you want to say and stop!

Actually, I’m able to read and understand PT’s posts … but I don’t want to. That’s the bare facts. I just don’t have the interest, time, or inclination to sit and read the information he “shares.” But that’s OK. He has followers that eat up his posts and carry on intense conversations with him. But that’s not me. And that’s not you. And that’s O.K.

Thanks for the good wishes on our trip. 😘

Comment by Nan — September 11, 2019 @ 18:07

3. Hi Scottie;
    That was an interesting post. I was reminded in his writings of the similarities to parents who lost a child tragically. At first, they share their shock and horror, going on to take revenge for their loss. But soon, they seem to be caught in a trap of self destruction and in destroying whatever lays about them. Others look on and say, ‘well, they are grieving’, excuse their actions. This is, of course, different, but there are similarities that catch my notice.
    Our response to the tragedy of 9-11 has not been the best. We have enacted policies that have changed our very definitions of who we are — some may say for the better, I think mostly for the worse. We made our changes out of fear, hatred and anger. But, I think also out of opportunity in the worst senses. And, quite frankly, whenever those dark reasons fuel changes they rarely turn out well.
    I like that the author is saying we need to get over this and remember life and what it is supposed to mean. Bury the dead, heal, live again.

Great post to share. Makes a person think.

Hugs;
    randy

Comment by Randy — September 11, 2019 @ 18:13

• Hello my Brother. You have again shown you are wiser than me. I agree with you. I again ask you , this time openly, to write posts here on things you think deserve to be highlighted, to be pointed out. You are so dang smart, it needs to be shared with the world despite how shy you are. You know I will win so why wait? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 18:50