September 11, 2019

This Will Not End Well

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 12:37

Hello TG. Are we reliving a weird Twilight Zone replay of history with the roles of good vrs bad reversed? Everything that has happened in the last three years seems like a remake of the 1930’s. This has happened in history and it has never work out well for anyone. Hugs

Mock Paper Scissors

The WaPo had an eye-opener yesterday: Trump pushing for major crackdown on homeless camps in California, with aides discussing moving residents to government-backed facilities

“President Trump has ordered White House officials to launch a sweeping effort to address homelessness in California, citing the state’s growing crisis, according to four government officials aware of the effort.

“The planning has intensified in recent weeks. Administration officials have discussed using the federal government to get homeless people off the streets of Los Angeles and other cities and into new government-backed facilities, according to two officials briefed on the planning.

“But it is unclear how they could accomplish this and what legal authority they would use. It is also unclear whether the state’s Democratic politicians would cooperate with Trump, who has sought to embarrass them over the homelessness crisis with repeated attacks on their competency.”

Look, if I believed even for a moment that…

View original post 196 more words

1. All the complaints Conservatives have about ‘hand outs’ and they want to spend tax dollars rounding up the homeless to put them into ‘government backed facilities’ ? What kind of facilities? Like housing? Or is he talking cages? I’m thinking more like camps surrounded by barbed wire, like they did the Japanese-Americans during WWII.

Comment by appletonavenue — September 11, 2019 @ 14:59

• Hello appletonavenue. I would say you are correct. I think they are wanting to follow the prison slave labor model. I was shocked to learn a lot of people in prison are forced to work for next to nothing for private companies that make huge profits on their labor. It is a loophole built in to the 13th amendment. This is obscene in a country that claims to be the land of the free. The problem was the Republican push to privatize government functions giving profit to companies to do what the government had no need to make a profit on. So to make a profit the companies had to do less, and charge more. It sets up a multi class system where some people have rights, some have money, and the rest suffer. So I think this is being pushed by the private prison / detention companies as they see big money in it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 15:12

• I see how that all works. I wonder if any ethical people remain in positions of power?

Comment by appletonavenue — September 11, 2019 @ 15:15

• Hello appletonavenue. If there are in this administration they are keeping their heads down. They are in occupied territory and if they get caught they will be …! We just seen the White House demand the Secretary of Commerce demand the National Oceanic and Atmospheric back the lie of the President up or be fired! How much more fascist do we need go before admitting we do not have a democratic government. Last month they manage to get rid of 2/3 of the scientist in that were bother in them by demanding the move across the country in one month no exceptions. Just because those scientist were reporting the truth that the fascist government did not like. The presidents chief of staff bragged about it. Damn what has our country become and can we ever recover? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 15:57

2. Like “apple,” I question them wanting to move them to “government-backed facilities.” Do they not realize these are taxpayer funded? Oh, but I guess that doesn’t matter since most of them don’t pay much in taxes anyway.

Comment by Nan — September 11, 2019 @ 15:52

• Hello Nan, yes I agree the public treasury is something they feel the right to raid. Just like in Russia right now. Now who is our president’s favorite pal, oh yes Putin the mob boss in charge of Russia.
      Nan I really think the Republicans think the goal is to drain every last dollar from the people / economy like a vampire draining the last drop of blood from a victim with out any care of the consequence or future as they know they have the money to simply move or protect themselves. These people see the taxpayer funds as their own piggy bank to pay with. What bothers me is how ingrained this is in our US. The few people trying to resist and wake the people up are called the enemy of the state. I am talking about the young progressives. Instead the establishment is doing everything they can to prop up Joe Biden, who is failing and is retrogressive on every thing needed to move in to the future. Joe Biden is the past the establishment love, the past that failed us. Now we need to look to the future and that is not him. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 16:35

• Sometimes I just feel sooo FRUSTRATED!!! I hate the current administration, but when I look at the polling numbers for Biden and think of all the old-timers that never read political news and will just vote for the “tried and true,” I get almost sick to my stomach. I know we shouldn’t bury our heads in the sand, but geez! Sometimes I just don’t want to think about it anymore!

Comment by Nan — September 11, 2019 @ 16:44

• Hello Nan. I understand, and it scares me that many people vote / think that way. The old they know vs the new that they are wary of. The problem is Joe Biden is showing bad signs of deterioration and his wanting to go back to the 1980’s – 1990’s is very upsetting. The Republicans have no interest or desire to go back to those times. Frankly those were not good times for Democrats so why he wants to go back to them I don’t understand. I can understand I think not wanting to have this forced on you, but in truth we have to be engaged, this is our democracy we are fighting for. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 17:35

3. Hi Scottie;
    I always enjoyed the Star Trek franchise. Not a big fan of the new movies, prefer the TNG and off-shoots. One story that seems frighteningly relevant is this: https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/10/star-trek-deep-space-nine-past-tense/542280/ Anyone with Netflix or youtube can see some or all of this episode. I rarely encourage people to watch things that are pure fiction, despite being a fiction fan, but wow, it seems very predictive. More frightening, it takes place in 2024, San Francisco “Sanctuary District”. Gives me shivers.

hugs
    r.

Comment by Randy — September 11, 2019 @ 18:27

• Hello Randy. Brother that gave me chills also Simply because it showed clearly what we humans can do to each other, not even caring what we did. The others. Like today , the others, the homeless, the poor, the different skin color, the different ethnic group… That was the entire point of that episode yet most missed it. It amazes me how many people who watched and loved the show are also MAGA dipsticks. I hope all is well with you. I am getting better , I managed to space out the cold medications from 4 HR to now 6 hours. Yea! Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 11, 2019 @ 19:00

• Wow, Randy! I LOVED the Star Trek series (some better than others). And like you, preferred the TNG.

At the time, however, I didn’t really recognize the messages that were being set (although I have long remembered the one about the half-white/half-black individuals). Reading that article made me want to go back and watch them again … from a different perspective.

Thank you for including the link on Scotty’s blog! And may you live long and prosper! 🙂

Comment by Nan — September 12, 2019 @ 12:41