September 16, 2019

This I agree with, what about you?

Filed under: Cartoons, Criminal, Fascism, Harm, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 09:06

1. Scottie, truly a scary thought as it could happen. John Oliver said Trump will have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the White House. I noted to Jill, his staff had to burn goodwill, time, energy and their integrity to strong arm the NOAA just to cover the boss’ misstatement. Now, he may say he did not order it, but he has created an environment where his people know they have to bubblewrap his fragile ego. It is not unlike the hiding the USS John McCain name when he was in Japan.

Keith

Comment by Keith — September 16, 2019 @ 09:37

• Hello Keith. I worry because we know he can not admit any failing or loss. He still claims his inauguration crowd size was the biggest, he claims he won the popular vote, he flat out simply dismisses anything that proves him wrong. He lives in his own reality that he makes to fit him. Add to that the lack of any Republican in any office willing to stand up to him. He wont leave unless he is offered something better. He wont concede defeat in the election because in his mind he can not lose. Will he simply declare an emergency because illegals voted or some such silliness and claim the election is voided? It will be a crisis I am betting. If he wins all pretense of laws meaning anything will be gone. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 16, 2019 @ 09:50

• Scottie, I am trying hard to share concerns with GOP legislators and GOP voters. I am embarrassed for my old party as they have become a party of toadies. Yet, it is as scary as it is shameful. The GOP needs be a part of the impeachment of this president. In addition to being a clear and present danger to the planet and country, he has already harmed the GOP. Keith

Comment by Keith — September 16, 2019 @ 17:05

• Hello Keith. I respect your writings and comments. So I have to ask you a question that is being debated hotly now. Is there any Republican party other than the cult of tRump? Yes there are former Republicans and even Classic Republicans just as there was classic coke, but the truth is whatever the Republican party was is now the cult party of tRump. They hang on his every snort, tweet, and bow to his every decree. I am tired of seeing reports that Democrats need to reach out to Republicans. If they disagree with their current party they need to form a new one or join Democrats. I have never hear anyone say Republicans need to change to reach out to Democratic voters. The whole way this is framed is skewed. I know I piss a lot of people off when I say the party that is now Republicans is the cult of tRump and if you do not follow the cult you are not a Republican, but name any other organization that you can belong to and not agree with their goals, their aims, their message, and actively fight the leadership? What was once a proud party called Republican, is now the cult of tRump. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 16, 2019 @ 17:28

• Hello Keith. Please do not take that as an attack towards you, it was an honest question. I am an openly gay man in a 30 year relationship. I couldn’t join the catholic church without denying what I am. That was my point. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 16, 2019 @ 17:30

• Scottie, no need to apologize as it is a good question. A key reason Trump’s GOP approval remains high is more than a few Republicans have left and are leaving the party. George Will’s becoming an Independent should be alarming, eg.

The cognitive dissonance pull is very strong. His fans will say “critics just don’t like Trump.” To me, the response is “so, it is my fault he lies?” Keith

Comment by Keith — September 17, 2019 @ 09:31