September 18, 2019

Is this what you want for our children?

Filed under: Children, Criminal, Education, Gun Control, Harm, News, NRA, Political, Questions, Twitter — Scottie @ 10:09

1. Hi Scottie;
    This had me absolutely speechless.

I was reminded of this thing I read recently, and I don’t even know where I read it. Did I read it here? I found it, so did a copy paste. If I read it here, please just delete:

Lacey Garner
    about 2 years ago
    Today, the fire alarm went off in our school. It was not a drill. It was not planned. Our first thought wasn’t to exit the building, but to wonder if this was the start to a very dark afternoon.

For 30-60 seconds after the alarm started, the hallways were dead. Not one teacher instantly thought to abide by ‘fire drill’ procedures.

I had high school students begging me not to take them outside because “what if it was a setup for a shooting?”

Sixteen year old students began to tear up as I told them we were going to leave the class and walk outside.

“I don’t want to die.”

I held hands of students and held them behind me as we walked out of the school, all the while repeating in my head, “please don’t let this be it…please don’t let this be it.” Aloud, I promised kids they were going to be okay.

As we were coming back in the building, the fire alarm went off again. The same confusion, dread, and fear overcame the students. Some ran for classrooms. Others ran for doors.

Cause of the alarm? Dust in a smoke alarm in the gym.

This is the climate in schools around the country right now.

It’s not okay.
    Kids are scared.
    Teachers are scared.

We are doing our best. Every teacher I know would die trying to save your children.

But we could use some help.

If we are willing to give our life, could you give us your voice?

Demand change.

Fix this shit.

Comment by Randy — September 18, 2019 @ 13:32

• Hello Brother. I hope you are well. I have not had much time to chat with you. Yes I did post that here but it is also posted in a lot of other places, and I am glad it stuck with you. If nothing else my Toy Box does l want it to get the message out that kids are not for target practice. What is wrong with our politicians. This protect guns at all costs is costing us way too much. Plus the future voters are not going to vote for these assholes, they were the ones taking the brunt of the fear. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2019 @ 14:20

• Hi Scottie;
        Well, you know how that is: ‘we’d love to consider protecting you, kid, but you have no money’.

hugs

Comment by Randy — September 18, 2019 @ 16:15

• Hello Randy. Did you see the PSA from Sandy Hook Promise I posed? If not you need to see it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2019 @ 16:17

• Oh sorry never mind. This is what I get for running two videos at the same time, I get the crossed. Sorry. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2019 @ 16:19

• Hello Randy. I get so much stuff going at once I forget where I am responding too. disregard my last comment reply. It was stupid. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2019 @ 16:20

• lol Well, it’s easier for us doing the commenting as we just read what we are commenting upon. You have to figure out what the heck we were talking about.

hugs!