September 19, 2019

Kentucky Democrats say state “improperly” deactivated 150,000 voters weeks before election

Filed under: Criminal, Fascism, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 07:56

Republicans hate democracy.   They crave power and in our country they are a minority that can not win an election based on their message and the votes it brings.   So they get rid of the votes of the majority and instead steal elections.  Rule of the minority over the majority.   I do not want to hear them crow ever again about how much they love this country while at the same time they are sabotaging the very thing this country stands for.   I often say that the Republicans want a one party rule like in China only with them as the ruling party.   Hugs

More than 150,000 Kentucky voters were improperly placed on an “inactive list” in a closed-door meeting less than two months before the state’s gubernatorial election, the state’s Democratic Party said on Monday.

In April, data submitted to the party showed 3,421,795 registered voters. In August, the same data showed 3,259,076, more than 160,000 fewer than just a few months earlier. When asked for data on any inactive voters, the Board of Elections sent over a list of 165,709 voters that the state says must update their information.

Self told the AP that the state cannot mark these voters “inactive” until two federal election cycles after the date of the notice. The earliest date these voters could be placed on the inactive list, under that rule, would be after the November 2022 elections.

1. Ouch, that news must sting. Good!
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — September 19, 2019 @ 08:45

• Hello David. However the Democrats can not force the Republican lead state to fix this. They can point it out, complain and file lawsuits but really they are powerless to stop the Republicans from doing this, over and over again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 19, 2019 @ 12:32

2. Dang, that hurts. I wonder how many of those deactivated voters are those in different POC groups in KY.

Comment by ospreyshire — September 19, 2019 @ 09:55

• Hello ospreyshire. We both know the plan is to take out as many Democrats as possible and normally POC are Democrats. So this tactic that Republicans do all over the states is designed to try to get rid of POC voters. They do record searches on names more common to POC and target them. It is a very bigoted racist attempt to keep power by the Republicans because they don’t want to try to earn the votes of the majority. These really are very racist people. If they were not racist they would have changed their message, but they don’t. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 19, 2019 @ 12:38

• That’s true. Crosscheck really kickstarted voter suppression on a huge scale especially in the South. It’s quite shameful for the GOP to go through with this and for the DNC not doing anything about it. If the Democrats want to be in the good graces to non-White groups in the context of Crosscheck and other voter suppression techniques, they would call out the Republicans for cheating in the polls by striking the names down, offer tangibles to POC voters, and throw lawsuits against their competitors.

If a Democrat really wanted to play dirty while holding up a mirror, they could suppress Republican voters, shut down DMV offices in the suburbs and rural areas, and force the voters to register in the major cities or at least majority non-White areas, but they’re not going to do that given how open the backlash there would be and be called “reverse racists” even though they’d be doing the same thing as the GOP. No, dirty politics is a bad thing, but it’s just something that could happen.

Comment by ospreyshire — September 19, 2019 @ 14:13

3. Dirty deeds. All politicians do them to some extent. But where are the indepedent watchdogs. The UN sends out security personnel to elections all iver the world, some make a difference, most don’t. But why don’t they investigate elections in G-7 countries. In our ways we are more dishonest than anyone else. We need watchdogs too.

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 12:16

• Hello Rawgod. The tRump admin forbid UN inspectors that use to monitor and look into things here in the US from working in the country. They have stopped cooperating with the UN human rights people and also the election people. We have a crime family and thugs in charge of the US right now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 19, 2019 @ 13:01

• How can you let him get away with that? I do not understand. It is like having him standnin front of you and saying: “I CHEAT!” and people just say, “So what.”
        This is your country, not his! Shoot the bastard if you have to! He would shoot you without hesitation.

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 16:57

• Hello Rawgod. If we want others to obey the laws of the country we have to also. I understand your anger, I have it also. But I do not think the solution to a political problem is violence. It is to work to register and get people out to vote in overwhelming numbers to kick these bastards out. it is to make better rules. While tRump has violated and broken our laws and rules, he has not yet gotten to the point of the country needing to commit a coup. There is still a great chance that the courts are going to turn on him and then … well we will cross that bridge then. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 19, 2019 @ 17:18

• Okay, I didn’t actually mean to kill him, I am a pacifist after all. I don’t intentionally kill but a few things, and only when I have to. Some choices do have to me made. But to have him flaunting the laws like that is unconscionable, and there is no law written in this world that does not at time have to be circumvented somehow, sometime. Not even laws can be always right or wrong, there are always shades of grey. A bloodless coup in America right now what not be a bad thing, considering the daily damage that is being done by this madman. Your next president, whoever he or she is, will be spend an entire term trying to correct all Trump’s intentional acts of idiocy. It will be years before a president will be able to govern full time again. The longer the VillD’J idioT retains power the longer the repairs will take. (That’s vill as in villian, not village!)

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 18:22

• Hello Rawgod. I understand, I really do. I just have to be careful on my blog that I do not seem to advocating for violence. Remember my husband worked for tRump as his butler, and my blog is already well known to be anti-Republican and pro-Democrats so I am already most likely on the government watch lists. I support any and all nonviolent means to return our country to a normal democracy, but I do have to be careful that as if anyone can show I was supporting an illegal act of violence against tRump, my blog could be shut down and I could be in trouble. Thank you for understanding. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 19, 2019 @ 18:35

• The statement was mine, and I lay claim to it. I have already invited the secret service to my home and given them permission to shoot me dead. I am not scared of them.

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 18:44

• Hello Rawgod. I do not want that to ever happen. I both enjoy and learn from your comments here and on Jill’s blog. Please do not die before your time and deprive us of of your life experiences, your insights, and your views of current things going on. Best wishes and hugs. Scottie

Comment by Scottie — September 19, 2019 @ 19:11

• Secret Service agents are cowards, They talk tough, but they don’t confront their victims unless they swarm them 10 to 1. They shoot from concealed places, preferably half a mile away.Trump would shit his pants if someone confronted him with a gun. And he would gladly eat his own shit if he thought it would save his life. Be well, Scottie, the worst they can do is kill you. After that, nothing matters anymore!

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 19:26

• Hello Rawgod . Boy do I have a funny story to tell about the secret service. I was a young kid in Stuttgart Germany after having proven my worth on several very important satellite sites. I got assigned to the Deputy Commander In Chief of Europe , the DCIC.

One day I was tasked with teaching these guys how to use portable satellite antennas and our government crypto. I felt very uncomfortable as I was a 20 year old kid and these were old guys with bad attitudes, and really bad hair cuts, basically they wanted to do the men in black thing. So I first asked them to show me how they set up the small but powerful antenna and the broadcasting equipment. Remember this gear was designed to be done on the go, easy set up, transmit, get reply and bug out to the next mission. Well I figured out the first problem when they set the small four veined antenna up side down so the legs were in the air and the receiving fins were facing into the ground. To this day I don’t understand how you could mistake that. Then I had them setup the equipment to send messages and they did well, so I asked them to install the crypto code. Now I am not giving anything away here, I have been out of the military for 30 years, but our crypto units took a coded strip, and here is where many went wrong. The strip would be taken out and torn off and fed through the crypto unit. So far so good. But the Secret Service did not know the second part. To this day I do not understand why no one explained this to them. There are three strips with the same code. So we would use the first strip for that day and then destroy the following two. The Secret Service was trying to use each strip every new day, so that is why they couldn’t communicate with the satellites. Now another thing to think about, I was stationed in Germany. These people came all the way to my post to get a one day instruction on these portable secured Sat systems. Dang couldn’t they have gotten the same if not better instruction in the US ? Dang it still weirds me today. It doesn’t add up. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 19, 2019 @ 20:35

• Military Intelligence. All that needs to be said.

But really, Scottie, antennae were believed to be thin sticks or wirs sticking into the air. Receiving fins looked nothing like antennae, so the four legs had to be. Dealing with men who were not allowed to think for themselves, what they did surprises me not one iota.
                      As for the code strips, why would they give field agents three identical strips when they only needed one. The only ones they were fooling were their own men!
                      Typical SNAFU situation.