September 19, 2019

The Founding Fathers Were Not Gods | Full Frontal on TBS

Filed under: Bigotry, Education, Funny videos, History, News, Political, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 16:14

1. What can you expect from people who think DJT is God’s annointed, that God has also chosen the US AND Israel as His favorites, slavery is ok cause it’s in the Bible, being “good stewards” ofnatral resources is what’s going to make the most money and my favorite…”boys will be boys”. Of course I can go on

Comment by Lindi Roze — September 19, 2019 @ 21:31

• Hello Lindi. I agree. I also think people have to understand the constitution is not a static document never to be changed. It has be able to grow and be changed as the needs of our country changes. It has the very method to do so built into it. It has been done many times. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 20, 2019 @ 04:50

2. Of course they were “gods,” they foresaw every possible thing that could go wrong in a republuc, but they also knew other intelligent god-like men would understand what they were saying. Where they went wrong was not foreseeing the reduction in intelligence of the voters who would be electing their future leaders. As intelligence went the way of the dodo, so did the ability to see intelligence in others, until the voters decided they were the intelligent ones, and therefore voted fot imbeciles just like them to run the country. Surprise!

Comment by rawgod — September 19, 2019 @ 23:29

• Hello Rawgod. Democracy is not a gift, it has to be worked for, tended to, and watched over carefully. The world has seen what happens when people take democracy for granted. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 20, 2019 @ 04:59

• Democracy is the conman leading the blind. You are free to disagree, but Trump is the ultimate example of why I refuse to take part in it. It has been at least 40 or more years since I last participated, when they stopped announcing spoiled ballots and number s of non-voters in Canada. That took away my democratic right to spoil ballots by putting my X in the wrong spot, or no X at all. When I actually realized the voting con I cannot remember.
        I know you have a respect for democracy, and that is your choice. But as long as one vote is cast, even if 99.999999999999% of voters refuse to take part, a winner will be declared. And chances are that one vote will be the candidate voting for him or herself. An election does not mean the best candidate will win, no matter how good he is, or that the worst candidate will lose, no matter how bad he is.
        We have a multiparty system in Canada, including independents. In 99% of legislative votes, the party members vote the party line. They are yes-people, or no-people according to what their leader tells them to do. If one party is given a majority of seats, every bit of legislation gets passed no matter how ridiculous it is or how many people it hurts. Partyline voters do not earn the money they are paid to represent the citizens of the country. Most politicians aim in running for office is to serve at least 6 years so they are guaranteed a living wage for the rest of their lives. They are self-serving people who don’t even have to think what they are voting, for or against. And the games they play in Parliament or provincial Legislatures are childish at best, and shameful/embarrassing all the time. In my lifetime I have watched as elections have become popularity votes, and who can bash the other guy the most. We no longer vote for the candidate, we vote for the party leader via voting for his or her candidate in each riding. Why not save a helluva lot of money, time, effort, and wasted salaries with the whole country voting for one person each, the leaders. Everyone else is just dramatics anyway, bit players with huge salaries and expense accounts.
        And when somebody stands up for what they believe in, as our Justice Minister did earlier this year, her reward was getting bounced right out of the ruling party. This is democracy? This is legal tyranny. And I refuse to be a willing participant. Let them play their games, I cannot stop them. I’ll live my life the way I want despite them.
        Sorry for the tirade, but I live to see the end of democracy. Trump is proving right now the sham that it is. Hopefully others will begin to see it for what it is, a fixed crap game.

Comment by rawgod — September 20, 2019 @ 05:55

• Hello Rawgod. No doubt there is corruption and deceit in politics. However we need a system to govern and I do prefer a socialist democracy over any kind of authoritarian rule. While I may not have a large voice alone, with a group of like minded people we do have the chance to change things, to make things better. What would you replace a democracy with? How does not participating make it better, improve the situation? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 20, 2019 @ 06:04

• I am one voice in the wilderness, I know that. Yet there are others like me. But we are not joiners, whereas the great majority are. We have little to no effect on the game of government as long as others believe in it. I play the long game, the one that will take centuries to come to fruition IF we even get the chance. Present styles of government are out to extinct humanity for their own pleasure, so I now doubt the long game has a chance, but neither does the short game anymore. We have jumped into the middle of the ocean, and so far it is our plastic waste keeping us afloat (a horrible but sarcastic analogy!).
            What do I replace this farce with? Personal responsibilty. Right now there is very little of that. We pretend to teach responsibility now, but we do not make it personal. We are taught to be responsible to non-existent gods, or nations that divide people from people of other nations. We are taught to be responsible to a set of arbitrary laws that are designed to keep the poor poor, and the rich rich. (There is some crossover, but not enough to be meaningful.) But we are not taught to be responsible for ourselves. Always some will forgive us, and someone else will want to punish us. It is never about us individually. And this is where we need to be. Punishment never taught anyone anything good. To most, punishment is a laughable joke. To others it is fear. They are scared of punishment. What we human beings need to be is responsible for ourselves and for ALL our actions. This is where I live. I need no government or religion to tell me how to act, what to do or not do. I have been to jail for doing what I believe in, and all that did was teach me how to be a bad person in more ways than I knew before I got there. But did I become a worse person, no I did not. I am not out to hurt anyone or anything, because being responsible for myself makes me responsible for all other living beings. I do what I can to help those in need, but I do nothing to hurt them. (And then there is Trump and his ilk, but that is another matter altogether.) If people want to hurt me, or take away my things, that is up to them. Maybe they need the things I have more than I need them. I know that people want to hurt others, but that is the way they are taught to do. I cannot help them but to lie down and let them beat the shit out of me. (That happened a lot while I was young. I took a lot of beatings. But I refused to fight back, and in the end I earned a lot of street creds, as they call them now.) But that is another story.
            I have my own golden rule: I can willingly do unto others only that which I would willingly allow others to do unto me. This is not just about humans, but all living beings. This is situation-dependent, but overall it means that since I will not go out of my way to intentionally cause harm because I would not want anyone else to want to cause me harm, even though some would do it anyway.
            I am starting to get away from my original intent, so please forgive me. I have thought out all these ideas many times, and there are many factors that come into play. Let me just say that NO ONE has the right to tell anyone else how to live their life, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE, so that kicks both government and god right in the butt. “Go away, leave me alone, don’t bother me.” I won’t bother you unless you ask me to.

Comment by rawgod — September 20, 2019 @ 12:24