September 20, 2019

Healthcare costs

Filed under: Cartoons, Children, Economics, Health, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 05:41

That’s why we need Medicare for all.

1. That is just the cost of being born. We still have the cost of living, and even worse, the cost of dying. This is slavery from the word conception, and is one of the real reasons for the pro-life movement in the west. People have to pay to be alive. The profits are too huge to let anyone not pay them.

Comment by rawgod — September 20, 2019 @ 12:39

• Hello Rawgod. So true, and the cost of living is stacked against the lower incomes. This is why socialist democracies that take care of their people have a much higher happiness ratings. Like all things taken to extremes capitalism in the US is killing itself and killing the country as it does so. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 20, 2019 @ 13:25

• I won’t argue that, Scotty, if I have to choose an acceptable form of government I would start with socialism.

Comment by rawgod — September 20, 2019 @ 13:45

• Hello Rawgod. I understand. Maybe in a utopia we wouldn’t need any governing body, as people would just naturally behave in a manner for the common good. However humans are an animal species that has all the wrong instincts for that. We have to deal with what we are first, and while I do think most of us would be decent , even grand people, we will have a large number of people willing to harm everyone else for their own short term gain or satisfaction. The thing we need is balance in these systems. To far in either direction tends to let the worst of our natures ruin everything. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 20, 2019 @ 14:25

• Before you condemn humans with suppositions and beliefs, try giving us the benefit of the doubt. Most criminals are that way because they are given raw deals to begin with. Parents believe their kids will screw up before they believe they will be responsible. Why else have all these rules? If you brought up your children to believe in themselves before anything else, adults would be different. If you showed trust in a child’s judgment, they would do their best to please you. If everyone was able to provide adequately, they would have no reason to try to get the things others have. If you give your children love they will be less likely to have good mental balance. There are so many things that affect a child in bad ways: bitterness, lack of love, hunger, safety, I know, because that was how I was brought up. Yet I was able to see my way to changing the course of my life. According to all the psychology books I should be a criminal, a wife-beater, a drunken druggy, a mental patient, a horrible human being. And I started out that way. But I overcame those barriers. I’m still poor, but I have no needs. I love, and I am given love. I am trusted. I don’t do alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or even caffeine. I do my best not to harm anyone. I am stating facts, not bragging. I am not perfect, but I learn from my mistakes. I try to always do what I see as the responsible thing to do. I care about all living things, except Trump and his buddies.
            I am no one special, just an (ab)normal person (as opposed to most people I meet) who looks deeper at my surrounding than most, and I know who I am. If I can do this, everyone can.

Comment by rawgod — September 20, 2019 @ 17:34

• Hello Rawgod. I am glad for your achievement in your personal development. I do not think you can use your personal enlightenment to be a template in what I am saying. You seen to be an exception person not reflective of the normal human. Have you seen the lord of the flies movies or read the book? Heck Rwagod did you not watch the video of the horrible beating a 12 yr old black timid kid took by three white boys after gym I posted a few days ago. The black kid did not even know the white kids, had no classes with them. Humans left to their own ways can either be really nice people or horrible shits. If you need a link to the video I can provide it. Each time I watch it I wonder if humans really are worthy of this planet. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 20, 2019 @ 19:09

• Those kids were probably taught to hate by their white parents. But even if that wasn’t their motivation it could have been the church or their older friends or even their teachers. Probably they are bullied or unloved at home. Don’t take this to mean I am a bleeding heart liberal, because liberals are as bad as conservatives to me. I am just a person who looks beyond the visible, to what lies hidden beneath. Maybe they heard Trump say people of colour are bad people, or whatever, so they clobbered him for Trump. These kids grow up with influences, they don’t become white terrorists on their own. Maybe some racist white girl said he looked at her the wrong way, so they jumped him. The beating was bad, but I highly doubt it was just a spur-of-the-moment act of violence. The hatred or racism came from somewhere. And that is what we need to prevent, and shut down as soon as we see it taking root.
                The nuclear family is not the great thing it is worshipped to be. Until we learn that, racism and hatred will live on, because kids soak up attitudes from their parents, even if the parents don’t mean them. Kids don’t know that.

Comment by rawgod — September 21, 2019 @ 01:53