October 23, 2019

Should I just watch the movie.

Filed under: My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 12:44

Hello all Scottiestoybox viewers.   You are the important ones, you are why I do this blog, sharing with you all the things I find on the internet that I think important.  Today I am questioning.  Oh not the blog, I love that too much to give it up.  It is given me purpose and drive.  It is why when I am laying in bed desperate for a little more sleep, I instead get up and go to the office and start the daily morning cartoon / meme round up.  However I wanted to ask or let you in on something.  The last two rounds of shots have not worked as much as the doctors wanted them too.  The shots in my spine have stopped the sudden falling so that was a great plus.  With my thin bones a sudden fall can be a very bad situation for me.  However they did not stop other muscle problems so they decided to go to trigger point muscle injections this month.  The great news, and it is great news, I am not waking up screaming in agony from my toes trying to spike out and then touch my heel, but I am waking up with them doing that in a less painful way that won’t quit.  I can adjust my position, roll over, take a muscle relaxer, and most of the time get relief.  For another 30 minutes or half hour.   At most I am sleeping for 4 hours, then another 2 hours on and off.  I am tired and cranky most of the time.  But that is not what this post is about!!!!

The post is about a question I wanted to ask my viewers.  Recently Ron and I bought a really nice 50 inch 4k TV for my office.   It was my birthday present as I spend all my time in my office other than the time I must lay down to relieve my back.   Plus my old TV died a dramatic death.  Ron and I have Amazon prime and buy all the blockbuster movies as neither of us can do movie theaters.  Ron finds time to watch them in the living room on his large screen TV ( if things hold out I will be buying him next year for his birthday an 80 inch or bigger TV ) but I have not seen any of the movies in the last year.   I watched bits and pieces of all the blockbusters yet have never even finished endgame and have yet to start the Star Wars ones.   We have the Spiderman moves and so many more I simply don’t get to because I am trying to find news sites on YouTube to share.   Ron says I am driving my self too hard and need to back off and take time to watch the movies.

My question is this: If I did not post so much stuff for a week or two and tried to catch up on the movies would all you wonderful people who come here stop doing so?  Would you stop coming to my blog and stop commenting if I took some time off to just sit here and watch movies and pet my cats.  It has always been the rule that if you want to grow your blog you must put out stuff people want to see, read, hear and keep doing so.   I admit I am a news junkie, always have been and I love reading and hearing news.   Yet I would love to watch the end of Avengers end game and the other movies we buy I have not watched.

As always writing my blog has helped me deal with my problems no matter if it was my childhood abuse or my other issues.   Writing this I made my own mind up.  I should delete it now that I did figure it out and have a plan to move forward.   But that would deprive you, the wonderful people who come here the view of how I am thinking on stuff.   I am going to order a pizza from a local place then I am going to watch the movies, I am also going to keep up on the written news on the other screens and afterwards I will post on what I think is important to share.

As always thank you for coming here to my Toy Box, thank you for caring about the things I post, thank you for your comments, and thank you for being part of the online community.

I am off to watch Avengers endgame.   I have started it a dozen times.  I understand it is three hours long.   I want to finish it this time.   No stopping it for breaking news.   Loves and hugs to all.   Scottie

1. I would still come here. Since I have WordPress reader, whenever you post again, I would see your posts. Therefore, once you come back from your break, I’ll see posts!

Comment by Brendan Birth — October 23, 2019 @ 13:28

• Hello Brendan. Thanks. I watched one move started another lost interest and went to bed. I like the movies but I get distracted after a while. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 05:24

• ditto

Comment by Arkenaten — October 24, 2019 @ 07:20

2. Hi, Scottie – Hey, we ALL need some “Me Time” now and again, so take however much time you need, I’ll still be here, lol. In fact, it’s YOU who are invading my inbox, and not the other way ’round, so I’ll just sit here, patiently waiting, as usual.

Dennis

Comment by Dennis Cole — October 23, 2019 @ 13:35

• Hello Dennis. I took the day off. I had pizza with too much salty good things on it, and enjoyed my self. I even shut the two computers off and did not check the phone. But in the middle of the night I woke up and quickly checked the news. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 05:26

3. There is a way to “cut back,” Scottie. 🙂 Really.

Promise yourself you will only spend a designated time on your blog and when that runs out, you start watching movies. That way, we still get our Scottie-fix and you get some time away to relax and take it easy. But you must PROMISE yourself that this is the plan. (Maybe it’s the same plan you decided on?)

Comment by Nan — October 23, 2019 @ 15:48

• Hello Nan. Ah but could I survive with out a constant stream of political news filling my ears and eyes. 😀😃😉 I have decided to watch more fun stuff but it wont be a set schedule. I woke up in the middle of the night and yes, grabbed my phone for a quick breaking news check. I think I am addicted. Oh no! Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 05:35

4. You’re entitled to a break whether you go away anywhere or just sit and watch TV. We’ll miss you when you’ve gone but we’ll still be waiting for when you got back.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — October 23, 2019 @ 16:28

• Hello David. Thank you. I really do get a lot of enjoyment from sharing with all of you. I love to read other blogs and leave comments. I love information and so news is very interesting for me. As I told Nan, I have decided to take time to just do fun stuff here and there. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 05:39

5. I can only speak for myself. If you take a blogging break (which I have a few times) those that really matter will wait for you. 🙂
    Go watch your movies, man. Who knows? It might actually be good for your back. Take your mind of it for a while.
    Take care.

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 23, 2019 @ 18:17

• Hello equinoxio21. Thank you, I am going to take smaller breaks here and there to watch fun stuff instead of just news shows. I think that will be enough to recharge my batteries. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 05:44

6. To be totally honest, Scottie, as I experience it, I have to pick and choose between what I read of yours. I don’t have the hours in the day to read all your posts, and everyone else’s too. Slow down, put your feet up, don’t worry about us. Live YOUR life. No one else can do that for you.

Comment by rawgod — October 23, 2019 @ 18:55

• Hello Rawgod. Thank you. I love information / news. I have a wide selection of science shows and news shows I have playing all day. I also go to as many news sites as I can to absorb as much of what is happening as possible. I also try to get around to other blogs and read the comments or leave one if I have something to add. I know I post a lot, Nan reminds me of that all the time. I do not blame anyone for not reading everything I post. Basically I am sharing what I find interesting or pertinent. My idea was that I am getting too focused just on news, less on other interesting things. Concentrating on just one area is limiting and I want to avoid that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 05:51

• Go watch “Amazon Women on the Moon” and have a good laugh. I think you need one.

Comment by rawgod — October 24, 2019 @ 06:00

• Hello Rawgod. Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 06:07

7. I love your blog, and your way of signing off with hugs, always. I won’t stop visiting until you tell us to stop visiting. Watch the movies. You deserve it. I would add:
    self care is important. You cannot pour from an empty cup, and I don’t believe you have a reader who will begrudge you self care. Heck-you could live-blog movies,
    if you absolutely must! We don’t catch a lot of them, either, so there’d be yet something else for me to read! 😀 Hugs back.

Comment by ali redford — October 23, 2019 @ 19:16

• Hello Ali. Thank you. I was worried I was getting into a rut, focusing on mostly on news. It was starting to color my thinking on stuff. So I am going to do some watching of fun stuff once and a while to clear my mind and just let the news go one by it self. It will be there at the end of the movie. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 05:54

8. I’m not online as much as I used to be. When I started cancer treatment last year, I began spending more time downstairs with the television on. I’m not big on commercial television, so I watch movies. You mentioned “Endgame” and I love Marvel movies — must have watched all of them at least 5 times over. In other words, Scottie, I perfectly understand if you don’t blog as often. I’ll read them when I’m online and as always, will enjoy them. (((((Hugs)))))

Comment by Xena — October 24, 2019 @ 00:06

• Hello Xena. Best wishes on your treatment, I hope everything goes well for you. I am going to find time to watch more movies and fun stuff. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 06:05

9. Hello My Brother;
    I purposely did not respond to this post so you would watch Endgame. By the way, was it as enjoyable for you as I thought it would be for me? I was just a bit disappointed.
    What I really wanted to tell you, though, is that I come to your blog – and I’m sure others share this to various extents – because the things you share that are important to you help us to understand the important issues going on. As you demonstrated quite clearly to me about the Biden/Ukraine thing. And, in your interesting way of putting it in this post, you demonstrated that sometimes what is very important to you – and should be to us – is to sit back and be the one being entertained. It is difficult for you, I bet, because you have a tendency to care so deeply and want the best for everyone, no matter the cost you pay, that you felt a bit guilty about this. You Shouldn’t!!!!
    So, my friend, my big brother, as you do every day, you demonstrated quite clearly another important thing for us: Stop and smell the proverbial roses. Enjoy life in every way you can. And, if you recall, it’s the very lesson you have been trying to hammer into my skull.

Big Hugs!
    randy

Comment by randy — October 24, 2019 @ 07:42

• Hello Randy. What a wonderful and grand comment. I think I am starting to drive Ron nuts with my interrupting what he is doing to tell him of all the breaking news. Be well brother. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 07:56

• Hello Randy. As for the movie I found it convoluted. I need to watch the ending again to make sense of it all. Have you watched the Spiderman homecoming? I watched some it also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2019 @ 10:28

10. Hey Scottie,

I can say from personal experience that people will still be there no matter how much you post. I hope you’ve been well these past few months. Take the time to watch the movies – they’re more uplifting than what’s on the news these days.

Also, sorry I’ve been a stranger. My head isn’t always screwed on the right way, and I make a habit of disappearing from time to time. I’m happy you’re managing the pain better now. Listen to Ron. Don’t do everything at once.

Comment by Sirius Bizinus — November 21, 2019 @ 20:08

• Hello Sirius Bizinus. Glad to hear from you again. I was in a rut focusing only on news. I try to spend some time each day either watching a bit of a movie or playing on my X-box. I think it refreshes me. Hope all is well for you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 22, 2019 @ 03:16

• I didn’t know you had an X-box. What sort of stuff are you playing on it?

Comment by Sirius Bizinus — November 22, 2019 @ 11:30

• Hello Sirius Bizinus. I play mostly first person shooter and I also have both Portal games. I love Halo. I enjoy Serious Sam. I have the Red Fraction ones. I have not added new games in a year or so but I just downloaded Far Cry demo to try it.

What kind of games do you enjoy. Do you find time to play much. That is my struggle, setting aside time to play. Do like newer games or the older favorites? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 22, 2019 @ 12:18

• When I get a chance I play games on my desktop. Strategy is my favorite genre, but I’ll play anything if I like it. Lately I’ve preferred indie games to the ones coming out of big studios.

Comment by Sirius Bizinus — November 22, 2019 @ 13:59

• Hello Sirius Bizinus. I love it. I started playing games on my computer. There were so many great games, Start Trek games, first person shooters, everything. I got really good at playing them on the computer. But then Halo three only came out on the X-box. So I got one. Then Halo five only came out on the newer Xbox so I had to buy that. I hated trying to learn how to use the buttons and the different layout on the controllers. Our son , who is a PlayStation addict, tried to help me but he was so far advanced I couldn’t play with him online, it frustrated both of us too much. I have gotten good enough now with the control to enjoy the games, ( the upper levels of Portal are too hard with the controler and were much easier on the computer ) but it is a pain that every game even in the same line changes what the buttons do. Every version of Halo has a different button set up. I am totally lost on role playing games. I can not understand all the things you have to do each time you want to take an action. If you find a good game you think I should try a demo just let me know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 22, 2019 @ 14:25