November 7, 2019

Slate: The Impeachment Transcripts Say Republicans Have to Choose Between Trump and Democracy

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 03:56

The Impeachment Transcripts Say Republicans Have to Choose Between Trump and Democracy
The facts of the case against the president are becoming irrefutable. What if that doesn’t matter?

Read in Slate: https://apple.news/A9xFwsLdVS-WxUPoxEWLMVg

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. The title speaks volumes. As I shared with House staff members for select GOP Congresspeeople, it is shameful no GOP reps voted in favor of the impeachment inquiry. I said I could understand voting no on impeachment, but not to vote for the inquiry is a disservice to Americans.

Comment by Keith — November 7, 2019 @ 14:28

• Hello Keith. Well said. The Republicans do not even want to know. Graham says now he wont even read the transcripts. Every attempt they have made to defend him has failed as more information has come out. So now they are simply down to denial. I wonder what will cause them to really look at what they do not want to see. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 7, 2019 @ 14:40

• Scottie, thanks. A couple of comments. Graham saying he won’t read the transcripts is BS. Of course he will read them. He will just say he won’t. If he really did not, then that is a disservice to Americans and a slap in the face of people who testified under great risk. I have said this before, but leaders who won’t defend their people are committing the worst sin as a leader. Pompeo not defending his ambassadors sends a signal. Trump not defending the FBI, federal workers, Sessions, etc. sends a signal. Graham of all people should know better as Trump knifed him and Dick Durbin in the chest on the $25 billion for the wall/ DACA made into law deal that Trump agreed to in the morning and reneged on in the afternoon. Keith

Comment by Keith — November 7, 2019 @ 15:35

• Hello Keith. More great points. When I was in the military they use to call it the two rules of leadership, accomplish the mission and take care of your troops. To achieve the first one you needed to complete the second one. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 7, 2019 @ 15:39

• Scottie, good rules. I heard another one – your troops eat first. Could you imagine Trump letting others eat before him? Keith

Comment by Keith — November 7, 2019 @ 16:49

• Hello Keith. No not a chance, Trump wouldn’t ever put anyone including his family before himself. I once went 3 days with almost no sleep and not any food to get a klystron transmitter repaired. I had to do it as I was the smallest guy on the site with the smallest hands, and one misstep would have fired me. It got me a medal after it was done. The next year they brought in a whole new system and they took out the entire old one I almost gave my life for. Oh yes that also was a rule drilled into me. I did not sleep before my men, I did not eat before they did, my duty was to keep them in the best condition I could, again because with out them I could not accomplish the mission. Always the mission was the goal no matter what. There was the whole lead by example. I often wondered what they would have thought if they knew they were led by a gay guy? Especially the southern state guys that were so homophobic. I was in two branches of the military. I joined the Navy first. When I was on a Spruance class destroyer ( I was second in my class so got to choose my ship assignment ). The interesting thing I want to share is on any craft leaving the ship, including the Captain’s Launch, is the last person on the boat is the Captain, and the first off is the Captain. The reason for this is that if the ship is in trouble going down the Captain must be the last to leave, and where ever they arrive at the Captain must be the first to face the danger. I wish our politicians had this same ideals. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 7, 2019 @ 18:42

• Thanks for sharing your stories. Lead by example. It is lost on many who blindly follow this president. Jill and I have discussed this, but I try never to refer to him as a leader, as he is just in a position of leadership. Keith

Comment by Keith — November 8, 2019 @ 14:32

• but I try never to refer to him as a leader, as he is just in a position of leadership.

Excellent! I must remember this!

Comment by Nan — November 8, 2019 @ 14:40