November 8, 2019

If they really cared

Filed under: Cartoons, Greed, Memes, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 04:25

1. ???? So is this guy saying these two “candidates” should spend their wealth to defeat tRumpsky? Not sure I follow.

Something I’ve noticed in the debates that I’d never considered before — candidates must have a certain amount of campaign donations to qualify. IOW, as in all things, $$$$$ talks.

Comment by Nan — November 8, 2019 @ 12:16

• Hello Nan. Bloomberg originally pledged 500 million to support the Democrats and to help the Democrats win. But when he seen Warren and Bernie surge and Biden start to fall in the polls he started to whine about having to pay more taxes so he decided to run himself. I keep seeing these clips of really rich wealthy people, multi-billionaires bitching they might have to pay more in taxes to help the rest of the country. Oh the humanity. It is not like the idea is to take all their money, just a few cents off the top of their huge piles. Same with Steyer. He could help so much more if he just gave the ones who can win some help, because he can not and will not win. He just dropped 42 million dollars of his own money ( hey why not he is again a multi -billionaire so it is chicken feed to him. One reason I don’t think tRump is wealthy he grubs for hand outs too much ) to get on the debate stage. For most of them it is about their money and their egos, not what they can do for the country. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 8, 2019 @ 12:28

• Good points.

But I think you know … prestige among “their own” is a very big incentive for them to keep their bank accounts overflowing.

Comment by Nan — November 8, 2019 @ 12:37

• Hello Nan. I do not know how true it is, but this morning at 3 AM watching last nights TYT news show on my secondary monitor Cenk Uygur said that a normal person couldn’t spend more than 40 million in a life time. He qualified that as having a high end life style including planes and mansions yet not being bug nuts crazy like simply buying everything on the planet. So if 40 million would last a life time, what the heck is the use of hoarding more and more billions while the rest of society dies around you? Maybe I am just not right in the head but I couldn’t do that. I have too much empathy to hoard money I couldn’t use while others suffered. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 8, 2019 @ 13:40

• I agree. But we don’t live — or think — like these people. So much so that I’m not sure they have a clue about the “rest of society.”

Comment by Nan — November 8, 2019 @ 14:18

• Hello Nan. I agree. I think it was Tip O’Neil who claimed ” all politics are local”. Right or wrong this election is going to play out based on the gut feelings of those who vote. That scares me due to his cult base who have already said there is nothing that can stop them from supporting him. ( see CNN video with tRump supporters ) Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 8, 2019 @ 17:11