November 8, 2019

You could live longer happier lives

Filed under: Cartoons, Health, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 06:20

1. Living longer isn’t always that enjoyable. The body still breaks down, bringing along with it aches and pains that have nothing to do with your health. Also, some things that happen in aging are simply not preventable/ So MFA isn’t the be-all, end-all that some might think.

Comment by Nan — November 8, 2019 @ 12:26

• Hello Nan. I am aware but I think you are missing the point a bit. On a side note as much pain as I am in I still prefer this wonderful ride we call being alive. I want to live as long as I have some quality of life and can have some enjoyment, then die peacefully in sleep assisted by medical people. The thing is other countries have a longer healthier live expectancy. And a happier one due to them not being poverty level in their elder years. I just read today that the US has a higher death rate from birth to 19 than any other developed country. That is stunning. We are #1. We are the greatest! tRump has made the country great again, right? So why are we last in almost all respects for developed countries? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 8, 2019 @ 13:08

• I have no doubt that MFA will be good for many (all?) people. But as I’ve expressed before — here and elsewhere — I don’t think it’s going to fly. At least not yet. I think a LOT more education is necessary.

I was just reading a bit about Elizabeth’s plan and how she plans/hopes to finance it. Wow! It boggles my mind! I think it’s very good that she’s finally laid out her proposals but like I said … the complexity is pretty overwhelming.

As for those other countries you mentioned … it’s pretty difficult to compare the U.S. with some of them since the overall lifestyle is totally different. But I do get your point.

Comment by Nan — November 8, 2019 @ 13:24

• Hello Nan. I understand what you are saying, yet I also understand the media. The media has a vested interest in “bothism” which is both sides do it right and with causing an uproar. The fact I keep going back to is if the polling asks do you want less healthcare costs, or do you need healthcare you can afford the answers are overwhelmingly yes. I guess the point is if you take the party out of the question and simply ask what people want, they always go to the progressive end of the spectrum. The fact is the Republicans are the minority in our country, but they get the most air time in media and they are far more aggressive in trying to get what they want.

I keep hearing about this mythical center yet poll after poll I read doesn’t show it. Why are the progressives polling so far ahead if the center is so powerful? It is a media creation, and I suspect the reason for it is money. Again when polled the majority of the country goes overwhelming to the progressive positions.

I admit I am getting frustrated. I soak in news feeds and most of everything I see is progressive, yet in the main stream news I see a push to the right. Why?

As for the other countries why is it difficult to compare them to us? We have more money don’t we? We claim to be #1. We keep saying how great we are, yet it is clear we are not. See Nan, I do respect you and think you are really smart, even smarter than I am, yet the idea that we in the US need to settle for less than others have while at the same time proclaiming to be the best hurts my brain. The disconnect is troubling to me. We give financial aid to other countries that have universal healthcare. WTF. We give money to countries that give their people something we claim we can not do for our own?

We are a plutocracy. And they have been setting the agenda. It has gotten much worse. However now that populous candidates are gaining ground the wealthy are for once sensing they may suffer the fate of pitch forks and torches. So in panic they put up their own alternatives like Bloomberg. Yet they do not understand the people are done with this and do not want them, yet they are clueless. History has shown what will happen next is the people do not get some release from their burden. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 8, 2019 @ 16:30

• Just came across this … it makes some points I hadn’t considered. It discusses Universal Health Care, Obamacare, and also outlines some of the plans that other countries have. IMO, a fairly informative article.

From your comments, I’m sure you’ve read tons of material on the subject so none of this may be new to you. But I thought it was worth passing on … perhaps some of your readers will get something out of it.

Comment by Nan — November 8, 2019 @ 17:47

• Hello Nan. Very informative read. I learned a few things from it that I did not completely understand. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 9, 2019 @ 03:08