January 4, 2020

The US, International law and The Middle East; A History of Violations.

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 10:27

Hello James. Very interesting. While I knew the US actions were morally wrong I did not know they violated international law. For a nation that thinks it is the policeman of the world judging the actions of other countries, the US seems to over look / disregard laws and norms when it comes to their own actions. Hugs

James Fahey

Before the assassination of General Qassem Suleimani on January 3rd, the US had a strained relationship with Iran and a leader in Donald Trump who wanted to end the “endless” wars of previous administrations in the Middle East. Recent US actions were, as put by Agnes Callamard, the United Nations expert on extrajudicial executions, most likely to have violated international law has so severely escalated tensions between the two countries that there is now potential for full scale war or nuclear conflict.

After the event the Pentagon has issued the go ahead for deployment of 3,500 troops in response the the escalation. However, the US and its failure to abide by international law in the Middle East is not unprecedented and only dilutes Presidents Trumps already un-respected image in the around the world and additionally the American image in the Middle East. Since 2003 America has continued to violate such…

View original post 870 more words

1. When I first heard about that assassination story with Suleimani, I just shook my head. This is going to be disastrous as well as it is incredibly stupid military strategy. The fact that Iran is allied with Russia really doesn’t help as it could hinder the Trump/Putin bromance, but that’s the least of everyone’s worries.

Comment by ospreyshire — January 4, 2020 @ 10:40

• Hello ospreyshire. I wonder if Putin is silent on this as he knows it will hurt the US badly, both on the world stage and also in fighting terrorism. It is disastrous, it is also a violation of international laws, not to mention Iraqi sovereignty. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2020 @ 10:49

• That is something I wondered as well with what Putin’s reaction could be. I certainly agree how disastrous it is. One other possibility could be Trump trying to escalate a war so he can get reelected this year since presidents who serve while there’s a war going on have a higher chance of getting a second term.

Comment by ospreyshire — January 4, 2020 @ 10:51

• Hello ospreyshire. That is very possible. There is video of tRump claiming Obama would start a war with Iran to help him with reelection. With tRump anything he accuses anyone else of is something he is guilty of doing. He has lost support in both the Christian world and because of impeachment. New emails came out just before these drone attacks that show he did personally order the withholding of aid to Ukraine. Notice we are not talking about either of those now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2020 @ 11:02

• Yup, this is textbook projection to say the least. I swear we’re in this age of exposure where more of these things are coming to light. Very good points with what you said.

Comment by ospreyshire — January 4, 2020 @ 11:58

2. What gets me is the sheer chutzpah, the Hubris. “We Americans have the SOLE right to assassinate anyone, at any time, any place, if we feel threatened.” They’re justifying this right and left, and lashing back severely at anyone who has the nerve to call them out, and disagree strongly with this action. It most certainly reminds me of the uprush and outflow of “Patriotism” following the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions, with a definite “Them vs. Us” mentality.

Well, I for one am opposed to this action, and if these bozos have a clear-cut course of action going forward, then I hereby declare myself “Czar of All the Russias.”

Comment by Dennis Cole — January 4, 2020 @ 13:37

• Hello Dennis. Well said sir. It gives these people a chubby to think they can stride the world Like a large bully stealing other kids lunches and taking pride in being dumb jerks. They think this is a good thing. Some people are not worth trying to educate. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2020 @ 13:44

3. From what I’ve read, tRumpsky talked with Putin very recently. Perhaps there’s more to this recent action than meets the eye … ??

Comment by Nan — January 4, 2020 @ 14:17

• Hello Nan. Iran and Russia are allies. I read that Pompeo talked to his Russian counterpart. They were not happy and lectured Pompeo on international law and told him what the US is doing was harming the region. I don’t know if this will pull tRump back as he is loving the positive attention his base is giving him for this, as they see him as a tough war time president who can swing the might of the US around with ease. Barf. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2020 @ 14:27

4. Hi Scottie;
    I was thinking about this action. I work with a vet who last night was actually scared that he would be recalled and have to go back to war in an area, he said, that he barely escaped with his mind intact. He is not concerned with his body health, so much, as he is mentally surviving, and then he just looked up at me and wondered out loud “what will my children do?”. I had no answers for him.

Hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — January 4, 2020 @ 15:34

• Hello Randy. Wow, that is hard. I have no suggestions for you. I really don’t know what will happen next with this or how far it will go. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 4, 2020 @ 15:39

• This is the personal, individual side that the powers-that-be never consider. And when these individuals return from giving their all for their country, who’s there to help them?

Of course war (or as some like to put it, “military actions”) is never about the people who are fighting it. It’s always about the ego of the people who start it and support it.

Comment by Nan — January 4, 2020 @ 15:44