The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

The kids on my desk this morning

January 20, 2020

6 thoughts on “The kids on my desk this morning

1. ali redford says:

🙂 Awesome brain cleanser-thank you! 🙂

1. Scottie says:

Hello Ali. Thank you. My kids and I have a morning ritual. Milo spends the night on my pillow with me. Odis will often come lay at the foot of the bed, but if he is not when he knows I am awake he runs into the room. Then the morning procession begins. Both cats lead me down the hall from our bedroom to the kitchen where I start the coffee, and then to my office. In the office I pick up the two mostly empty paper plates that held treaties and toss them into the trash. I get two new paper plates out and put a palmful of new treaties in each plate. Then after I put them down the kids have their breakfast. Milo normally heads out to have a drink of water from a running tap, and yes that is the only way he will drink, and Odis will jump up on the desk. Then Milo will come in and see Odis has already gotten the coveted center spot and will go to his normal all day left hand of the desk spot. I got this desk thinking it would be my work area, but it has really become theirs that they agree to share with me. 😀😃😄😎 Hugs

2. ali redford says:

And thank you for sharing this, too-what a refreshing story! Our pets are just grand, aren’t they? 🙂 🙂

1. Scottie says:

Hello Ali. Yes they are. When I am at my lowest emotionally both cats will come to me and comfort me. From your blog I understand you have a bunch of different pet kinds. If you want to share them here you are welcome. I will even post pictures if you wish. Hugs

3. ali redford says:

Well, I must have a blogger doppelganger! We’ve usually had dogs, but I aspire but don’t write a blog. I volunteer, though, at the local animal shelter, where I learned how to best deal with cats (the cats there taught me,) and those felines enriched my life. We would have at least a couple if DH and DS weren’t allergic. Anyway, right now, we are down to one little dachshund doggy named Chrissy. Chrissy has numerous nicknames, all nice (well, except the occasional “dang dog”, but she is no longer familiar with the term “dog” since her last beagle brother crossed the bridge 7 years ago. Anyway,) including, because she will have her 19th birthday in July, “Green Mile Doggy.” I worry she will outlive us all… CBD is a wonderful thing for aging pets! Thank you for asking! She used to love being photographed, but not so much anymore, even though she’s still a beautiful dachsie. I might find a good one, though, and let you know.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Ali. That is wonderful and grand. I am sorry for those you loved and lost, but I know also you gave them the best lives they could ever have. Ron and I use to rescue greyhounds and other dog until I couldn’t take care of them. Then we switched to rescuing cats. We tried to take in older cats no one wanted. But our latest two were four years old and a kitten our son really wanted , when we got them. The thing with rescuing animals is like having children, you can not guarantee what personality traits you will get, they can and will be themselves. And I love it. Hugs