February 19, 2020

Will this get the POC vote for the Democrats?

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Criminal, Economics, Fascism, History, Memes, News, Political, Questions, Race, Reason — Scottie @ 05:49
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image

Mike Bloomberg is a racist, paternalistic, Islamophobic, oligarch. And that’s without mentioning that Bloomberg has even more sexual harassment allegations against him than Trump does.

Don’t anybody dare @ me or tell me to “vote blue no matter who,” not when this billionaire racist isn’t even a Democrat. As a BLACK man, I shouldn’t have to pick between the racist Republican who wants to use the police to racially profile me, or the other racist Republican who also wants to use the police to racially profile me. That’s not even a false choice – it’s no choice at all.

My Bloomberg story isn’t nearly as horrific as those in the tweets above. My relatives living under Bloomberg’s racist regime simply instructed me to stay out of NYC if I didn’t want to risk being arrested and harassed and possibly inserted into the criminal justice system. And I listened to them.

Mike Bloomberg is an authoritarian who wants use big government to crack down on poor people and black people, but wants less taxes on the wealthy, and deregulation for billionaires. It is not hyperbole to say that Bloomberg is an existential threat to democracy.

Please don’t let him buy the White House.

1. And these realities match up with my friends or color who lived under him as mayor. “Beat Trump,” people say. Even if Bloomberg wins, you wouldn’t beat Trump because he shares a lot of bad qualities with Trump.

Comment by Brendan Birth — February 19, 2020 @ 07:15

• Hello Brendan. I am sorry you and your friends had to endure that. It pisses me off. I am angry it is being allowed to grow again and being taken as normal. It is not normal and it is not to be tolerated. I agree I think Bloomberg would lose to tRump, and I hate to vote for or reward such a self centered bigot. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 19, 2020 @ 08:02

2. I’m NOT defending Bloomberg’s past actions by any stretch of the imagination. BUT … what he did was then and what tRumpsky is doing to brown-skinned people is NOW. And it will NOT stop if he’s re-elected.

Comment by Nan — February 19, 2020 @ 11:36

• Hello Nan. I understand your point, but I think you may have missed mine. To win the Democrats must have a large turn out of POC who will vote for the Democratic nominee. I think in the general tRump will hammer on these videos and more to come out about Bloombergs racial treatment and statements concerning POC. That is going to turn off the much needed POC vote. I fear the same with Pete Buttigieg. While I doubt Bloomberg will be anywhere near as openly racist as tRump he clearly has an underlining bigotry towards POC. I have not read anything on his plans for immigration, I wonder where he stands on the the issue of POC coming to the country? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 19, 2020 @ 13:20

• You can be assured tRumpsky is going to attack his opponents on every single thing he can find that makes them look bad in the eyes of his devoted (deranged?) supporters.

But yes, I recognize and have considered your point about the POC and the vote. And yes, there’s a very good chance both Bloomberg and Buttigieg will be hurt by their histories.

I have grave concerns the Democrats are not going to be able to win this election. There’s just so much divisiveness in and among the candidates. Nothing new, I suppose, but one of the big differences (IMO) is we don’t have a really strong candidate that stands above the crowd. Sanders is polling well right now in some states, but not all. And personally, at this point, I simply can’t put my whole support behind him. I want to support Pete and/or Amy but unfortunately, according to the polls (and the primaries), I’m in the minority.

I so wish the deplorables could see tRumpsky for what he is instead of making excuses for him. Just like his recent clemency actions. Do they even spend a moment considering what these people did that put them in jail??? Or are they so blindsided by their divine MAGA leader that his actions are indefensible?

Comment by Nan — February 19, 2020 @ 13:37

• Hello Nan. I understand, I really do. I do not think there is any real hard feelings between the candidates yet, well maybe a bit between Bernie and Warren over the “you called me a liar” thing. Most of them have been very complementary to each other, and even texting those that drop out with complementary notes. After all they all want each others supporters. But remember the 2016 Republican primary? They were vicious to each other. I really do think that right now the different supporters will come together, most of them, I still worry about turning off POC and females. But we have not lost yet and a primary is where we vote who we want, our dream, the general is where we vote blue to get rid of tRump. But we also have to win the down ballot races. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 19, 2020 @ 14:07

• Hello Nan. I stand corrected. I forgot about the DNC trying so hard to stop Bernie and push a center canidate. I am reading Jill’s post on this and she is right. You are right, the corporate democrats are trying to sabotage a win, they are eating each other. The would rather lose than have a progressive win. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 19, 2020 @ 16:19