March 14, 2020

The New York Times: A Conservative Agenda Unleashed on the Federal Courts

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 11:18

A Conservative Agenda Unleashed on the Federal Courts
President Trump’s imprint on the nation’s appeals courts has been swift and historic. He has named judges with records on a range of issues important to Republicans — and to his re-election.

Read in The New York Times: https://apple.news/A51piiBozTuKv3_IErIcXSg

Shared from Apple News

1. Why am I not surprised?

Comment by kentuckyangel24 — March 14, 2020 @ 19:01

• Hello kentuckyangel24. As they say voting matters. I hope the next Democratic president has a plan to fix the damage done to the courts, but if tRump gets another term the country is set to go full christian authoritarianism anti-progressive with restricted rights and forced church doctrine morality rules. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 15, 2020 @ 06:55

• And to think, this country was founded on freedom of religion! I wonder if we will be tossed into lions dens if we don’t comply!

Comment by kentuckyangel24 — March 15, 2020 @ 09:13

• Hello kentuckyangel24. I agree. The thing that these evangelical Christians seem to deny is that to have freedom of religion means freedom from religion also. They refuse to accept this in their drive to create a theocracy based on their church doctrines and run by their religion. The reason they wont accept that is it interferes with their desire of trying to force everyone to follow their idea of how everyone should live. All based on a book no one can verify, that has no original manuscripts to examine, and most of the people how believe in it do not know or understand its history. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 15, 2020 @ 10:59

• I get the strangest reactions from people when I tell them the Bible is based on centuries of word of mouth stories! No one thinks it thru that far, and even with it written down most of the time people still out their own spin on it! One of my brothers is a priest, and he studied Greek and Hebrew, the original languages of it all and said no two of them are alike! I’ve heard enough gossip, and even started some silly ones just to hear where they come out. The results have been hilarious, especially when I play back the original version to people who knew they were being recorded. Sometimes I think I might be a little bit twisted!

Comment by kentuckyangel24 — March 25, 2020 @ 22:42

• Hello kentuckyangel24. Yes the old telephone game. I think what hurts people’s perceptions of religion is when the church leaders make claims clearly not supported by either history or science. People do have the ability to reason. I like that you and your brother understand the problems with the lack of early manuscripts and the transcribing the many languages. Mistakes had to happen. Every holy book is written with the knowledge and understandings of the time they were written. Be well, keep getting better. Hugs.
              Oh what state are you recovering in? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 26, 2020 @ 13:55