The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

My favorite song by him.  It sent chils up my spine when I first heard it.  It scared the poop out of me when I was in the Navy.  It made me feel adventurous in the Army.  Now in my older age it makes me feel discouraged and like I am fighting a future I can not change, one too powerful to stop, yet I must not give in until it takes me down.   Hugs.

11 thoughts on “Gordon Lightfoot – The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

1. TokyoSand says:

I love this song. Always have.

1. Scottie says:

Hello TokyoSand. Yes I have also. Some songs resonate with us don’t they. Hugs

2. davidprosser says:

My favourite song by him too. It paints a horrible picture of more lost lives.
    Hugs

1. Scottie says:

Hello David. Yet he sings it in such a haunting way, the music and the lyrics draw you in to the horrible end. It is hard for any artist to do that, and in this song he did. He makes you feel it, rather than listen to it. Be well and safe David. Hugs from Scottie

3. One of my favorites and I love 💘everything Gorden sings! Used to have all his albums!

1. Scottie says:

Hello kentuckyangel24. I like songs that you can clearly hear the lyrics and the song tells a story. His songs do that. Who are your other favorite singers / songs? For me it is the songs more than the artist. Be well. Hugs

1. I love Dan Fogleburg, John Denver, James Taylor, Pete Seeger, The Carterr Family, Joan Baez, — there are several more but it would take a long time to lost them all!! Bob Dylan wrote some great songs but I just couldn’t handle his voice. Burl Ives was a classic! Roy Clark had some good ones but only a few, and Jim Croce — just think what he might have done it be had lived longer!

1. Scottie says:

Hello kentuckyangel24. I also enjoy songs by most of these people. Not all of them. Yes it was a shame Croce died. My understanding is he had just become a father and was so excited about it. How are you doing now, any discharge date?
          Hugs

4. Keith says:

Scottie, we are also huge fans of Lightfoot’s. This is a classic as he speaks of what happened to hard working folks aboard this ship. I have a 2007 car that has a 6 CD carousel player. For almost all thirteen years of the car’s life, Lightfoot’s greatest hits are in the 5th slot. When we are on a trip my wife laughs when I punch it up and say “I need me some Gordon.” Keith

1. Scottie says:

Hello Keith. Thank you for sharing. Our van we bought the same year had that and we used it constantly also. Now the new car has a cd player but it has sirius xm which the spouse uses and I use Apple carplay. How times have changed. Hugs

1. Keith says: