March 25, 2020

Harry Chapin – All 14 minutes of Taxi & Sequel

Filed under: Music and Videos, Music Video, Things I like — Scottie @ 12:41

Sorry about the bad quality but I really like his music.  Hugs

1. Scottie, you and I need to compare play lists. We also love Harry Chapin, as well. We have two lesser known favorites – “A Better Place to Be” and “Mr. Tanner.” They are vintage Chapin story telling, like ‘Taxi.” The first one is about a midnight watchman and a rotund waitress (Chapin’s words) and the second one is about a man who sang while he worked and the other store owners nearby would listen to him sing. Thanks for the memories. Keith

Comment by Keith — March 26, 2020 @ 09:43

• Hello Keith. I have heard the second one, I will have to look up the first one. I am more for songs than artists. So I have a lot of single songs from the same artist rather than the whole album. Glad you enjoyed the posts. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 27, 2020 @ 05:24

• Scottie, it will be a treat, if you do. Vintage Chapin storytelling. Keith

Comment by Keith — March 27, 2020 @ 08:15

• Hello Keith. I just looked it up and listened to it. Very interesting. He really can tell a story that is sure. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 27, 2020 @ 10:13

• I am glad you liked it. I love so much of the song, but the end where the waitress lays it bare is my favorite part.

Comment by Keith — March 27, 2020 @ 16:19

• Hello Keith. It is not a song but a written story, have you read the story of the cab driver who picks up a lady going to hospice and drives her around for her last ride? The original author refuses to say if it is true or not. But it tugs at every emotional heart string. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 28, 2020 @ 16:14