March 25, 2020

Right-Wing Activist Opposes COVID-19 Relief Since It Might Help Trans People

Again religion used to bash others.  In this case it is to prevent assistance to people at risk because of church bigotry.  Is this the message their holy book teaches, harm the most vulnerable, hurt the sick, deny help to those who do not worship as you do?   Hugs

Right-Wing Activist Opposes COVID-19 Relief Since It Might Help Trans People

Ed Martin, who runs the Phyllis Schlafly Eagles, a group modeled after the woman who arguably blocked the Equal Rights Amendment decades ago, says we shouldn’t adopt proposed relief efforts during the current pandemic because they may help transgender people.

Spoken like someone who has no conceivable idea of the hardships that trans people face.

And spoken like someone who despises a vulnerable group so much that if they are being helped by a relief program — one that would help everyone rather than singling out some groups over others — then no one should benefit.

By the way, just months ago, Martin spoke out against the proposed Violence Against Women Act because it would include trans women.

The Schlafly cruelty lives on.

More at the link above and quotes from this bigot himself.  Hugs

1. WTF? I loathe America! Yikes.

Comment by Notes To Ponder — March 25, 2020 @ 06:40

• Hello Notes To Ponder. Ahh, just think soon you will get to brag about your fun clothing when women in the US have to wear burkas or gowns such as in the handmaid’s tale. When white men had unquestionable say in all matters, when those not straight white men knew their place and spoke to the authorities with their heads down and a quivering voice. This is the dream world these people want to create. Notice almost all of these churches are led by white males, a few by black males but in at least one denomination they have made it clear that black preachers are not equal to white ones. I am getting to hate what my country has become also. I hope it is not too late to change it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2020 @ 07:55

2. oh my fucking god … who cares who the relief helps? these people are so fucking vile

Comment by silverapplequeen — March 25, 2020 @ 09:54

• I agree! And yet, they continue to preach the “love of God.” Pure and undefiled before “God” my ass.

Comment by Nan — March 25, 2020 @ 12:45

• Hello silverapplequeen. I agree. Do you wonder what god they really worship? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2020 @ 12:46

• They’re Republicans, so probably Mammon.

Comment by D.T. Nova — March 25, 2020 @ 15:03

• Hello D.T. Nova. I have not looked him up but I would have spelled it moron. 😁😀😃😄 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2020 @ 15:14

• “Mammon” is a word used in the New Testament to mean wealth, which in medieval demonology became the name of a personification of greed.

Comment by D.T. Nova — March 25, 2020 @ 15:27

• Hello D.T. Nova. Opps, I just showed my own ignorance didn’t I? Sorry. But your comment makes even more sense now that I know that. Still I would like the pleasure of calling them morons, please? I do think it fits also.

Oh wait, is that like the manna that fell from god that was either super great or bird poop depending on which thing I read? Or is it totally a different part of the book / word? Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2020 @ 16:29

• Totally different. “Manna” is from Exodus: the food that God provided for the Israelites led by Moses, when they somehow got lost for forty years. (Also no relation to the common-in-fantasy term “mana”, which is originally a Maori word, not a Hebrew one.)
                “Mammon” is from the gospels: Jesus said “You cannot serve both God and mammon.”

Comment by D.T. Nova — March 25, 2020 @ 17:12

• Hello D.T. Nova. Thank you. I think from what you wrote I have also gotten the Manna stuff wrong from bad “authorities” web pages. I enjoy and appreciate learning and so I will try to remember the differences. Be well and stay safe from this virus. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2020 @ 17:19