April 6, 2020

No, President Trump, hydroxychloroquine is not approved by the FDA for coronavirus and it has serious side effects

Filed under: Drugs, Fascism, Health, News, Political, Questions, Reason, Science — Scottie @ 10:20

This drug has major side effects,” she explained, “including paranoia, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, suppression of your blood counts, so you became more susceptible to infections, it can cause severe cardiac arrhythmias that can even cause death. Now, these are not common side effects, but they’re common enough that they should not be taken just willy-nilly. It is not like water. It is not harmless.”

“I don’t want to be in a lab for a year and a half while people are dying,” Trump said. A small trial did find that it wasn’t effective in treating coronavirus.

She also refuted Trump’s claim that it would take so long to test. Given that funding has been allocated to the National Institutes of Health and trials are already underway, she said it would likely take “a month or two” to test and discover whether or not it works.

More at the link above.   Hugs

1. I sincerely and seriously do NOT wish bad things on anyone … but it someone is gullible enough to believe what the stable genius says about this drug and decides to try it … well, I hope s/he has a nice funeral.

Comment by Nan — April 6, 2020 @ 13:58

• Hello Nan. One of the things I hear doctors complain about is every time a new drug commercial starts playing on TV they get a bunch of their PTs demanding that they be prescribed the drug. Regardless of their conditions, medical interactions, and risks. Because the people in our country are so easy to manipulate, and I do not understand why. But it seems the Russians figured it out, SPTV does a great job doing this. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 05:11

• I just read Dylan’s comment. And then I read this in a Guardian article related to this drug:

Most small scientific studies live and die within the rarified domain of academic journals, but the French trial [of hydroxychloroquine] had a much more auspicious debut. Before the study was even published, in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA), a lawyer falsely claiming an affiliation with Stanford University appeared on Fox News’s Tucker Carlson Tonight to declare the results: a “100% cure rate against coronavirus”. From Fox News, it was only a matter of time (hours, in fact) before the drug was being hailed as a “game changer” by the president of the United States.

Further, the “gold standard” for a clinical trial

Neither the physician nor the patients knows whether they received the drug (“double-blinded”), a safeguard that reduces the possibility that the doctor will treat the two groups differently. The researchers also do not get to choose which patients go into which group (“randomized”) and the makeup of the two groups is roughly equivalent (“controlled”).

“The French hydroxychloroquine study did not follow any of these rules.”

This was the test the Trump administration used to anoint this drug as a potential cure.

Comment by Nan — April 7, 2020 @ 11:29

• This is probably the truest statement made about this whole discussion:

Thus, the bottom line is, whether hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine confer benefits to patients with COVID-19 are unanswered questions.

Comment by Nan — April 7, 2020 @ 13:21

• Hello Nan YES! Sorry for shouting but that is the real point. The entire point. I saved the article you linked in a tab and I am trying to decide if it is worth posting it or just going on to reading other stuff? I doubt those who need it will care or even read it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 15:09

• I think your last sentence is correct. Most people have already formed their opinions. Now it’s up to events and results as to which side holds sway.

Comment by Nan — April 7, 2020 @ 15:15

• Hello Nan. But what little I have read seems very well written. Sadly I think it will go into the ever growing folder of articles and pages to read when I have time. I am getting rather tired now and my pain is making it very hard to sit and concentrate. Ron is up already for work and is suggesting I just go to bed. I think he is right. Oh well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 16:31

• Hello Nan. Thank you. I just finish a post on my response to Dylan. I felt it important enough to make it as public as possible. I wish I had read your comment first as I would have included it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 14:35

2. Hello Scottie,

I have an uncle who is a professor at UCI medical right here in California. They have over 40 patients right now with the CCP virus. His entire team is currently taking Hydroxycloroquine, and none of them have been infected by the contagion even though they are directly involved with it on a daily basis. Scottie, the mainstream media is being patently false when they claim that this drug is not effective in assisting the recovery of folks infected.

Comment by Dylan Shetler — April 7, 2020 @ 10:41

• Hello Dylan. This comment is so serious I am going to make it a post. Which I just did .

However I want to share with you a comment from Nan which I think is really on topic. Hugs

Further, the “gold standard” for a clinical trial
      “The French hydroxychloroquine study did not follow any of these rules.”

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 14:37

So far (on the patients it has been tried on) it has been proven to have more positive effects than negative ones. The Trump administration looks optimistically towards the usage of this drug at the moment, due to the fact that there are no other options for people that have contracted this virus or are at risk of being infected.

Comment by Dylan Shetler — April 7, 2020 @ 15:58

• If Trump had looked at the information and reports way back at the beginning of this pandemic instead of calling it names and blaming others, there might not have been a need for this drug.

Comment by Nan — April 7, 2020 @ 16:30

• Hello Nan. Wow, you are grand giving tRump the ability to look at information. The man child needs it spoon fed to him by people he thinks he likes at the time, and it will change if they displease him. Hugs.

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 16:41

• Hello Dylan. Anecdotal, where is the science? Did you read what I wrote or just blow it off. Read what Nan sent, it lays out what the administration based their hopes on , and why it is false. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 16:34

• Also Dylan I want the studies of where it has made an improvement. Show me the data please. Because optimism can kill without proof something works. Right now Jim Baker is pushing a silver solution that cures Covid-19. The government is ordering him to stop. There simply is no proof it works except the people on his show claiming allsorts of miracles it does. It can cure anything just buy it, they claim.
          See any difference? Thanks
          Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 16:39

3. Also, here is my latest podcast. https://onlookers.news/2020/04/07/the-dylan-shetler-show-ep-2/

Comment by Dylan Shetler — April 7, 2020 @ 10:50

• Hello Dylan. Thanks I will try to get to it later, no promises though. I have been working on several long responses all day and have not done my own stuff. Be well, stay safe, please listen to the mainstream media because in this case they are correct. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 14:30

4. […] 3 hoursonlookerspub.com […]

Pingback by Response to Dylan’s comment because this is important life and death stuff. | Scotties Toy Box — April 7, 2020 @ 14:12