April 6, 2020

tRump tried to deny reality, reality won.

Filed under: Cartoons, Fascism, Health, Memes, News, Political, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 09:36

1. Just saw this on Facebook (John Pavlovitz):

The delusion of Trump supporters is so strong, they believe Trump in April denying he said things about the virus in Feb and March—that we have video and audio evidence of.

Their desire not to be wrong is so strong, they will choose his present false claims about reality over documented reality itself.

That’s some deep cult horse crap.

Comment by Nan — April 6, 2020 @ 12:28

• All of that was supposed to a “quote.” Not sure why that second sentence didn’t italicize … ???

Comment by Nan — April 6, 2020 @ 12:31

• Hello Nan. My phone just alerted that more than 10,000 US are dead from the virus. Yet churches in the south are deemed essential? Why does this make me angry when I do not go to church? Well my spouse is an ICU worker who is in the high risk category working with limited PPE to care for every infected person with it in his unit. With every church gathering there are more cases, with all those people then going to grocery stores and other places there are even more PT coming into the ICU with it, that my spouse has to treat. That means even more chances he will catch the damn thing from selfish people who choose their mythical magic over well documented science and the greedly damn church leaders that wanted their money so badly they talked them into coming out to the church to donate to the plate.

Sorry if I sound angry but I am. Ron’s co-workers are coming down with this. I will give thanks to some of the younger workers that when they are on will jump in and take the assignment or do the task that might put Ron at most risk, but they shouldn’t have to do that because some damn person won’t follow what is known to keep them safe, instead going out to do what they could do just as well from their home. Every mega church leader asking people to come to church gatherings should have to pay the families and medical bills of the sick medical workers. I am angry because their arrogance is putting my family in direct risk taking care of their sick asses.

I hope you and your husband / extended family is OK. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2020 @ 14:50

• I understand, Scottie. I totally understand. And you have every reason to be mad and upset.

Even more bothersome is these god-trusting idiots will never know or hear about the people THEY infected. And that, for me, just adds salt to the wound.

BTW, are you the one that posted that video of the preacher saying “Send your tithes! Send your tithes! No matter what, you must continue to send in your tithes. It doesn’t matter how you do it .. just do it!” These aren’t the exact words, but you get the message. I’m not sure if the video was doctored. Very well could have been because one would truly wonder if anyone would be THAT off the rails. But then again …

Comment by Nan — April 6, 2020 @ 15:08

• Hello Nan. I agree, which is why I cringe every time some Republican says we need to Democrats need to reach out to tRump voters. They are not going to change. First I refuse to take election strategy on how to defeat tRump from a Republican, and also from those that backed Hillary, seems to me the fastest way to lose.

People then say well those are the die hard cult followers , we need to get the swing voters. Same response, we rarely get any of them if we run a Democrat, and if we run a Republican playing a Democrat we lose the real Democrats. It is a losing game plan. We need to look at the majority of the country which are democrats and get them to the polls, get them inspired to vote.

Back to the denial you were talking about. I ask why? What is so important to follow tRump no matter how badly he is proven wrong in your own life. Bankrupted farmers say they will vote for him. Why? What magic is it that gets the Republican party well known for supporting the wealthy that gets the lower incomes to vote for them? This should be the easiest election ever for Democrats, yet is not looking good. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 6, 2020 @ 14:31

• There are those in this country — unfortunately — that will vote Republican. Period. No discussion. For them to even momentarily consider voting Democrat is simply verboten. Why you ask? Haven’t the slightest. Childhood indoctrination perhaps?

Comment by Nan — April 6, 2020 @ 14:37

• Hello Nan. I hate to think it could be that thinking on issues is too hard for some. Instead I will say they have an indoctrinated response to follow their leaders even when they are proven wrong. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 05:26

• Again, it’s not so much about the party doctrines/philosophy or the leaders. Nor is it whether somebody or something is right or wrong. It’s just an inbred choice. I know because I’ve seen it in action. Sure, there are those who will defend their political preferences, right or wrong. But there are others who, apparently, were tattooed at a young age with the word Republican on their butt.

Comment by Nan — April 7, 2020 @ 12:34

• Hello Nan. See that confuses me. I have no way to understand it nor how to address it. I can understand tribalism, but that is something that can be argued against, debated, and maybe show the other person the wrongs of an issue.

But flat out just non-thinking repeatedly doing the same thing regardless of result simply because of being told you are an R and always will be an R so you must support an R no matter what. Damn that is more than cultish to me, that is psycho.

I am gay. I am a card carrying flag waving member of the LGBTQ+, yet there are things that cross the line for me that I will not support. I don’t care what you do with your body parts, how many are involved or any of that as long as all are adults and all fully consent. Key words, adult and consent. Which includes before anyone gets upset’ bystanders. It is not OK to have a nude gymnast orgy in the local park in front of the world because those people did not consent to viewing it. Want to have a nude gymnast orgy, fine do it where those watching have given consent, with the internet today that is a money maker.

Why is that concept so hard for the hyper religious evangelicals who obsess over LGBTQ+ sex acts to understand? It is adult and consent.

Any way I am off to look at another reply / comment. Thanks Nan, if you have a way to get me to understand this, let me know. I guess I am deficient in the brain matter. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 7, 2020 @ 15:02