April 7, 2020

Why American Health Care Makes No Sense

Filed under: Drugs, Economics, Greed, Health, News, Political, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 17:00

1. How are you guys? staying home? Stay safe.

Comment by equinoxio21 — April 7, 2020 @ 17:59

• Hello equinoxio21. Good morning. We are doing well. I have stayed home, Ron has to work the ICU at the hospital. Ron does what little shopping we need to do. We both canceled all appointments we do not need to keep, but we both have to go get our new glasses friday and I have to go for my allergy shots Thursday. They have spaced the shots out as far as possible and made the place as safe as can be. As for staying home, that was what I was doing before so for me life has not changed. What about you and your family? All safe and sound? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 8, 2020 @ 04:20

• So far so good, thank you. Waiting for the tsunami here. Ron is a doctor right? Well, he will be front line in ICU… Best wishes.

Comment by equinoxio21 — April 9, 2020 @ 18:31

• Hello equinoxio21. Tsunami? I did not know. I tried to google it and couldn’t find anything. I really hope you and family will be OK. Keep me posted. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 9, 2020 @ 18:42

• I It is a metaphor. There is no real tsunami coming other than this wretched virus. Seeing the exponential curves made me think of it….

Comment by equinoxio21 — April 9, 2020 @ 20:23

• Hello equinoxio21. Ok, I misunderstood and was searching for the storm. You are correct this is corvid-19 is washing over us like a huge storm. There is still a large group of people in our area that are not taking it seriously, not wearing masks and gloves. Still holding large church gatherings even as more and more church members get sick and even some are dying from it.

Oh and I got so worried I forgot to answer your question on Ron. No Ron is not a doctor. He is a CNAA. Certified nursing assistant advanced. He has been in the field since 2002 and in the ICU since 2004. He is really good at medicine and healthcare and was going for his nursing degree when we moved. Sadly we did not check the nursing schools here and so did not realize they need a different prerequisites than the school Ron was attending. The prior school required chemistry and the new one required algebra. He struggled to pass the classes needed for it but finally gave up. He was working full time 12 hour shift, and it was just too much. He is now 65 and feeling his age. The 12 hour shifts 4 nights a week are getting very hard for him. He works in the Open Heart ICU and so there is a lot of moving patients, getting them up every few hours, keeping them moving. He really wants to retire but he can not until he is a little over 67. The people who write these laws have nice comfortable desk jobs and do not realize that some people have hard long jobs on their feet with heavy lifting.
              Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 10, 2020 @ 04:33

• Well there are choices to be made. My father never finished College because of the war, still did a good career. Pieces of paper don’t mean all.
                Now, the age? 12 hour shifts at 65 takes quite a toll. And 65 is already at the limit of vulnerability for the virus… Darn. Like you say, the guys who write those laws don’t give a damn about the real people. Well, you both stay safe, ye hear?

Comment by equinoxio21 — April 10, 2020 @ 20:05