April 8, 2020

2020 ELECTION Sanders quitting Democratic race for president, Biden to be party’s apparent nominee

Filed under: News, Political — Scottie @ 15:54

The article is well written and covers everything.   Hugs

1. So now Biden should have Elizabeth Warren for his running mate. She won lots votes before and can again while working on her student loan reduction and medicare for all.
    Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — April 8, 2020 @ 16:16

• Hello David. Sadly Warren is not acceptable to the corporate wing of the party that has worked so hard to anoint Biden. With Bernie gone the nominated candidate is now going to shift to the center or even center right. Simply put the corporate high level big donors won again. They paid enough and they will now walk back every progressive idea that we thought had been accomplished. Other than outing tRump my side of the party has little to do other than accept the legitimacy of the current situation. Hugs. Really hugs.

Comment by Scottie — April 8, 2020 @ 20:00

2. Hi, there. First, sorry I haven’t been here as much as before; oddly, I’ve been busy, at home! 😀 Now back to this. This is discouraging, but there are things we can do. For me, the thing has always been to look at legislative races, choose a couple I can afford to toss some coin toward, and then make sure I’m on their list when it’s time to phone bank, which is free except for time. I did that for Sen. Prof. Warren, and that time was the most fun and touching of any time I’ve phone banked so far. MA people were excited (and sympathetic) that a person from Kansas would bother to help out their most excellent candidate for US Senate. I also phone banked for AOC. For this time, I’ve chosen Jaime Harrison (Lindsey Graham’s oppo who’s an awesome person,) and Amy McGrath (McConnell’s oppo, and also an awesome person.) There are races for 2 US rep seats in every state, and several US Senator races. Whoever gets the White House, we need a legislature who will do our work. If your own state has a great candidate, get in there and make sure they’re elected. If not, well, there are other races; those candidates do appreciate help from out of state, and they remember it, too. You also talk to some good people who will help restore our faith in our fellow humans.
    I know I sound like a cheerleader for politics, but seriously: we don’t have to just sit back and vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Well, we have to vote for the lesser of 2 evils because the most is too bad for people who have even less privilege than we do. We can take back our government through our legislature, which is really how it’s supposed to work, anyway. I know a good legislature will bring Biden along with them, and also, a good legislature will curtail Trump if he gets back in God forbid.
    Just my .02. I’m happy to see everybody’s still here!

Comment by ali redford — April 9, 2020 @ 16:26

• I don’t know what that little black square is; I hope it’s nothing creepy. I’m sorry; I must have hit a key.

Comment by ali redford — April 9, 2020 @ 16:27

• Hello Ali. Do you mean the smiley face emoji you added? 😀. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 9, 2020 @ 17:36

• Oh, I’m glad it’s a smiley! It looks like a little black square with some gray inside on my screen. I did intend to smile there, though. 🙂

Comment by ali redford — April 10, 2020 @ 00:22

• Hello Ali. Do you use windows 10? If so then if you right click in the comment box a menu comes up with emojis at the top you can select to insert into the comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 10, 2020 @ 04:44

• 😎 Thanks-I accidentally discovered that last week, and will keep it in mind! 🖖

Comment by ali redford — April 11, 2020 @ 13:38

• Hello Ali. Anytime you have a computer or windows problem let me know. If I can help I will be glad to. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2020 @ 18:02

• Hello Ali. I love it! Well said! You are grand to do what you do for our democracy. You are wonderful. You keep putting your 2 cents in, thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 9, 2020 @ 17:35