May 5, 2020

Sorry media, Biden case isn’t like Kavanaugh’s — Kavanaugh lied about everything

Filed under: Criminal, Gender, History, News, Political, Questions, Reason, Sex — Scottie @ 07:38

Insisting the two cases are the same, the press wants to portray the Biden story as a case of the #MeToo movement boomeranging on Democrats, revealing them as being two-faced. There’s a huge hole in this comparison. Unlike Kavanaugh, Biden hasn’t lied about almost every facet of the distant claim of sexual assault the way the Republican jurist did. Kavanaugh shattered all precedent and falsified his way through his confirmation hearing, likely perjuring himself in the process.

In order to secure his lifetime appointment to the Court, and facing specific, multiple and credible allegations of sexual assault, Kavanaugh lied about witnesses; he lied about corroboration; he lied about friendships; he lied about parties. He also lied about Maryland’s drinking agevomiting, his yearbook, his accusers, Yale, and drinking — he lied about that a lot. (Separately during his confirmation hearing Kavanaugh lied about his childhoodfederal judges, warrantless wiretaps, his nomination selection, and stolen emails.) “Republicans know Brett Kavanaugh lied under oath,” Armanda Marcotte wrote at Salon. “They just don’t care.”

Unlike Kavanaugh, there’s not a single suggestion that Biden has lied, changed his story, or fudged any fact regarding the allegation made against him by Tara Reade. We know that because virtually every major news organization in American is now combing over the story, looking for any tiny piece of evidence that would move the controversy forward and, yes, that would damage the candidate.

There’s also been zero evidence that Biden and his team is trying to cover-up the Reade story. That stands in stark contrast with the White House’s order to the FBI, which forbid the bureau in 2018 from actively interviewing key witnesses, including one person who publicly said he saw Kavanaugh push his penis into the hand of a female student at Yale.

More at the link above.  Well worth the read.   I like the last line “Different press standards for Republicans — again.”    Hugs

1. Biden’s a creep. I won’t vote for him.

Comment by silverapplequeen — May 5, 2020 @ 07:50

• Hello silverapplequeen. That is your right. I wont argue Biden is the best choice. I would just say not voting for Biden is a vote to keep tRump. That said, as long as you understand that, vote as you wish. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 6, 2020 @ 07:22

2. & the whole Tara Reade thing is just the tip of the iceburg on this one.

& let’s not forget how Biden wants to slash SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.

he’ll NEVER get my vote. Trump won’t either. They both suck.

Comment by silverapplequeen — May 5, 2020 @ 07:51

• Hello silverapplequeen. I would have preferred another candidate, a progressive one. However you say you wont vote for tRump. But if you do not vote for Biden you are in effect giving a vote to trump. Only one of them is going to win. No third part will, that is unrealistic. It will either be Biden or tRump who will be the one elected. So if you don’t vote for one then your vote is automatically a vote for the other.

So silverapplequeen, the question is which one do you think will be worse for the causes you favor. Which one will do more harm to the things you want. For me a progressive the answer is tRump is worse for everything I care about. Biden is not the best, but he is much better than than tRump in the causes I want to see happen. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 6, 2020 @ 07:31

3. The Republicans sweep all the direct evidence of Trump’s philandering under the rug and essentially ignore it, then turn around and zero in on one allegation (which has yet to be proved) against Biden.

Whether it happened or not, it’s just one more incident of the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment by Nan — May 5, 2020 @ 13:44

• Hello Nan. Yes the Republicans are master hypocrites. They are also good at projecting on to others the very wrongs they are doing themselves. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 6, 2020 @ 10:22

4. Scottie – not sure if you noticed, but there’s slightly more than a handful – 6 or so – highly-placed politicians of the female persuasion that are loudly denying Tara’s assertions, so much so that it’s almost become a bizarre reflection of #MeToo. And I’m sure it’s merely a coinky-dink that all are on the “short-list” for Biden’s VP pick.

Makes me wonder if there’s gonna be a “sore loser,” one who complains, “Maybe we should have listened to her after all…”

And returning to the Kavanaugh confirmation fiasco, didn’t Old Senile Joe claim that ANY woman making such drastic accusations deserves to be listened to, and her allegations looked into thoroughly?

Comment by Dennis Cole — May 5, 2020 @ 15:18

• Hello Dennis. I am trying to follow the accusation and all the twists and turns. Tara Reade has backed out of another two on air interviews, the one with MSNBC she said she cancelled because they interviewed Biden. I admit I am looking at all the evidence I have heard and read and I really think it is negative for her and leans positive for Biden. I do put stock on co-workers during that time, his vetting as vice president, the records that she keeps making different claims on that can not be found anywhere. Her last explanation on why her complain is not officially logged was the put it on an open clipboard in the HR office. I am sorry that doesn’t hold water. No one writes on an open clipboard senator so so pushed me up against a wall and stuck his fingers in my vagina. As I said the constant progression of her story and the constant inconsistencies are adding up to a problem believing her for me.

As for the idea that people making accusations deserving to be listened to and the claims investigated, that is the standard Biden has promoted in the past and I just watched a video of him saying that Tara Reade should be listened to and her claim investigated. He has not changed his stance.

I have not totally made up my mind but I am leaning 80% in favor of Biden at this point. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 6, 2020 @ 12:42

5. Hi Scottie;
    No matter what, we have to look at the person accused, because the evidence is ancient in both cases. I thought Kavenaugh absolutely failed his “interview process” . He was irrational, sweating buckets, unprofessional. Biden defended himself decently, respectfully, professionally.
    The simple truth is th at saints rarely make it in high politcs. The money people rarely allow it. So come election time I am quite literally voting the lesser of evils. Biden is not the best man for the job, but I think he is far better than tRump.

Comment by randy — May 6, 2020 @ 18:49

• Hello Randy. I agree. Plus Biden said his accuser should be listened too and the accusation investigated. Something a person who did not do a crime might say. Kavanaugh did not want the accusation to come out, claimed it ruined his life, his families life, plus he did not want any investigation. The Republicans put up a blocked pretend one week farce where they did not even talk to witnesses. Then it turns out that not only were their witnesses to other sexual misconduct and possible assaults but Kavanaugh had a reported history of it. Biden doesn’t have such a thing at all. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 7, 2020 @ 10:37