May 17, 2020

PBS finds no support for Tara Reade’s accusations

Filed under: Gender, News, Political, Questions, Reason, Sex — Scottie @ 10:13

The interviews revealed previously unreported details about the Biden office when Reade worked there, such as an account that she lost her job because of her poor performance, not as retaliation for lodging complaints about sexual harassment, as Reade has said.

Other recollections from former staffers corroborated things she has described publicly, such as Biden’s use of the Senate gym and a supervisor admonishing her for dressing inappropriately.

Overall, the people who spoke to the NewsHour described largely positive and gratifying experiences working for Biden, painting a portrait of someone who was ahead of his time in empowering women in the workplace.

None of the people interviewed said that they had experienced sexual harassment, assault or misconduct by Biden. All said they never heard any rumors or allegations of Biden engaging in sexual misconduct, until the recent assault allegation made by Tara Reade.

t’s certain that Biden has made women on his staff uncomfortable at times throughout his whole career, so we might expect that some interpreted it as sexual harassment. Yet, none did.  Instead, they said this:

Female staffers who spent countless hours with Biden, including in one-on-one settings, like his small private office in the U.S. Capitol, known as a “hideaway,” said he never made passes at them or behaved in other ways that suggested sexual impropriety.

The takeaway is that Biden did not exhibit a pattern of behavior that supports Reade’s allegations. If her charges are true, it represented an aberration.

Much more at the link above.   I think this is an important read for everyone interested in the presidential election regardless of party.    Hugs

1. Such a BIG deal related to ONE potential accusation … yet the Trump-pets admire and applaud their leader’s pussy-grabbing and other similar acts. Hypocrisy is alive and well!

Comment by Nan — May 17, 2020 @ 12:32

• Hello Nan. It is because Republicans know how to attack well. They pick a theme and hammer on it no matter what they are asked or what the question is. You seen that during the impeachment hearings. The right got Benghazi as a huge issue by hammering over and over about the death of four people, yet no Democrat really is hammering on tRump for 80,000 plus deaths. Republicans have their attack media which doesn’t care about facts, just slandering and smearing the left. Think of SPTV and Rush Limbaugh. Where is the left wing equivalent? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 19, 2020 @ 07:32

• The Left has too much class to wallow in pigshit.

Comment by Nan — May 19, 2020 @ 11:58

• Hello Nan. Dear great billions of history I wish that was true, I really do. Yet I think there are some who claim to be left who will refuse to vote for Biden despite the choice and what it can mean. If I was a religious man I would say “god help us all” Hugs

Ps. For any religious people reading who think I let the cat out of the bag on this one, remember tRump is your pick, your savior, you emissary. You might want to look up that title in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 19, 2020 @ 19:10

2. SO WHAT if Tara Reade’s accusation is an “aberration”? Since when does a crime have to have other (totally independent) crimes to back it up? Plus there are seven other women who have reported that Biden has committed acts that made them feel sexually uncomfortable … maybe that’s not a crime, in fact I KNOW that’s not a crime but again SO WHAT?

I am SO F*NG Sick of the DNC forcing candidates on us that are NOT even close to being what most of we democrats/leftists wants, let alone want the general public want.

I will NOT vote for Biden. I will NOT vote for Trump. I will NOT vote for any man who is in any way a sexual creep. He doesn’t have to be a rapist! He just has to be a creep. END. OF. STORY.

Not to mention that Biden is married to the insurance industry & we will NEVER EVER get Medicare for all with him, NEVER EVER get anything that ANY OF US want in terms of getting free of the corporate chains to which we are all enslaved. FORGET ABOUT IT.

Fuck all of this, I’m totally disgusted.

Comment by silverapplequeen — May 18, 2020 @ 04:30

• Hello silverapplequeen. As we have already discussed, your right to vote the way you wish is not in question. I do hope you would see not voting for Biden is a vote for tRump. As bad as you see Biden, tRump must be worse. One of them will win, one of them will be president. If you do not vote for Biden you are in effect voting for tRump. However that is your right.

I am also sick of the DNC. How ever we progressives have moved the DNC left a lot more than it wanted to go. They have used dirty tricks to keep control, but they are losing ground and they know it. The demographics are against them, and the tipping point is only a few years away.

OK now lets talk Tara Reade. You know I value reason and the fact is reasoning is needed here in this case. I have always said that any accusation should be listened to, should be taken seriously, and should be investigated. I never said nor do I believe that every accusation should be believed. Also know that I have been the victim of long time child physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. I have also suffered abuse as a young adult.

You ask about why it matters that her accusation is an aberration of Biden’s behavior. Prior behavior is commonly used in court and in public to determine if the accused has a pattern of the behavior they are accused of. You hear the phrase habitual offender used. With someone like Bill Clinton who had several accusations against him then of sexual misconduct and someone like tRump who has last count 21 or 22 accusations against him it creates a pattern. In all his years Biden has no pattern of such behavior, so it is rather striking he only did it once? Normally an abuser is going to do it as often as they can get away with it to satisfy themselves.

silverapplequeen you know I value discussion and the exchange of ideas. You know I also listen to people even when I disagree with them. I am willing to talk on any subject using reason and facts. I don’t have to agree with a persons every idea to like them. If this is a subject you wish to talk more on I am willing to do so. If you want to break your comment down into separate mini bite size discussions ( because this comment does address two different issues, voting and the sexual assault accusation ) I am willing to talk about each of them.
      Be well and safe. Hugs