May 19, 2020

Right wing conspiracy theory machine at full power

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Criminal, Fascism, Greed, Hate, Memes, News, Pictures, Political, Questions, Race, Reason — Scottie @ 05:25

1. Scottie, I think we must call, email, rinse, repeat the GOP Senators and tell them of our concerns over the firing of the IGs. Regardless of the party in the White House, we must have governance. If this was a publicly traded company, the Board’s Audit committee would be all over this and calling the CEO on the carpet.

The other message is to say we support the efforts of The Lincoln Project and Republicans for the Rule of Law who are doing their best to end the Trump presidency in November. They see the corrupt and deceitful behavior of the president as a problem. I did read a recent survey that said 23% of Republicans would prefer another candidate. Keith

Comment by Keith — May 19, 2020 @ 12:42

• FYI. I just posted the following on Mitch McConnell’s website.

“Please resist the temptation on our nickel to chase the president’s pipe dreams seeking to find something on Obama. This is an intended distraction. This independent and former Republican voter is far more concerned by the firing and attacks on Inspectors General. It matters not what party occupies the White House, we must have governance. If the US was a publicly traded company, the Board’s Audit Committee would be all over the CEO for firing auditors. We need the senate to ask many why questions of these firings. I would also include questions on why Dr. Rick Bright (who seemed very credible and earnest on ’60 Minutes’) was forced out.

I shared recently I support the efforts of The Lincoln Project and Republicans for the Rule of Law who see the corrupt and deceitful behavior of the president as a problem. Since that time I learned that a recent survey said 23% of Republicans would like another candidate and the two groups above will be running a “Never Trump” convention in Charlotte as well.

Obama was not perfect. No one is. He made mistakes, but this incumbent is seen by more than me as a concern. A Pew poll in Europe said 64% of those surveyed do not trust the US president, actually trusting Putin and Xi more. America is less trusted because our president is untrustworthy.

It saddens me to say this about the US president. If you truly disagree with what I have said, I would love to hear your arguments. Again, I encourage you to support Joe Biden for the sake of our democracy. He is a decent man and will attempt to restore bipartisanship. We desperately need a president who will bring us together.

PS – Trump was told DON”T HIRE MICHAEL FLYNN by Obama, Chris Christie (before he was fired as transition manager) and others on his staff. Trump owns the Flynn mess. And, we should be reminded Flynn did more than lie to the FBI. He conducted diplomacy with the Russians before he had the authority to do so (before Trump was sworn in).

Comment by Keith — May 19, 2020 @ 13:18

• Your efforts are commendable, Keith. However, I highly doubt the recipient of your missive will change his thinking. He’s far too mired in Trump Shit.

Comment by Nan — May 19, 2020 @ 13:27

• Thanks Nan. I have this hope I may be connecting with his staff who see the BS up close. To me McConnell is doing something not in the best interests of our country. The survey stats are real, so he needs to see them. By the way, thanks for your help on your blog. You picked up my references to the invincibles as being those who flout the mask and social distancing protocols and the truthtellers being those not named Trump or someone covering for Trump. I was too cute with my writing, so my bad. Take care, Keith

Comment by Keith — May 19, 2020 @ 14:43

• I was too cute with my writing, so my bad. — I was pretty sure when I read it where you were going … but PT often gets (over) excited on some topics … especially those with any kind of religious slant. I thought your explanatory comment was great.

True enough what you said about McConnell and the others in his camp. I guess all we can do is try and hope (pray? 😉) that things will improve in 2021.

Comment by Nan — May 19, 2020 @ 15:21

• Thanks Nan. You reminded me of the comment Nancy Pelosi would say that apparently drives Trump up a wall. She would say “I am going to pray for the president.” She knows it is unnerving. Keith

Comment by Keith — May 19, 2020 @ 17:05

• Hello Keith. You are being horribly naive. McConnell is very much aware of where his bread and butter is. If you look into the 2016 campaign documentation you will see McConnell seen a huge swelling of money from Russia. Why? How is it legal? I don’t know, but at the time I did look into it and yes many high ranking Republicans were receiving payments from Russia through Super Pacs. Really is scary how easy it is for them to now infiltrate us, all they need is money. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 19, 2020 @ 20:12

• Hello Keith. I like you. I find wisdom in some of what you write. But in this you are clinging to a time long gone. The Republican party and its members have shown they do not care what the people of the country think. They have figured out what side of the bread their butter is on and it is not the side with the people. It is not just with tRump but for all the years of the Obama presidency we seen this. Keith the Republicans have done everything they can to block the will of the voting populous. All the voter suppression and the rest.
      We have to understand what the Republican cult of tRump party has shown us.
      Republicans want to to rule, not govern. So their goal is stop or interfere with the the “people” voting. Keith our democracy is now under clear threat.

Keith this is not about governance. This is about taking over the country for a one party rule such as China or Russia have. Such as tRump’s beloved friends that are in charge of North Korea and Saudi Arabia. This is the scary threat and we need people to stop thinking the old rules apply, because they no longer do. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 19, 2020 @ 19:46

2. Scottie, truly I recognize I am being naïve, but there are times we have to chase a few windmills. Doing nothing is not an option. My main point about citing The Lincoln Project and Republicans for the Rule of Law is Trump says it is the Democrats and media who are against him. That is simply untrue.

My hope is Romney, Gardner, Collins, and others will speak up more. My hope is for them to see the survey numbers and realize fully what is happening. And, I am telling this same message to others. What they know, but can’t push back on is the Flynn thing should blow up in their faces. How many people have to tell Trump not to hire someone with has much baggage as Flynn? Trump owns this mess. Keith

Comment by Keith — May 20, 2020 @ 08:32

• Hello Keith. Sadly not one will step a bit out of line because when Collin’s said something mild in rebuke of tRump he attacked her on twitter even though she is in great danger of losing the GOP seat in the senate. tRump doesn’t care about party nor is he strategic he is only interested in how loyal and how fawning over him a person can be. To him and only him. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 14:10

• Scottie, I do think the leaders of the GOP are starting to realize Trump is an anchor. And, it will get worse and he will get worse as he is cornered more. I am disappointed (but not surprised) McConnell will help him chase pipe dreams. Political courage needs to be applauded as it is rare. Keith

Comment by Keith — May 21, 2020 @ 16:46

• Hello Keith. I heard earlier today that Kelly Loeffler and her husband were going to plead guilty but can not find it now. The stink is so bad, I wonder how many will jump ship or how many judges will continue to turn a blind eye? As to McConnell he is deep in Russian money. He can not go against Putin. If you want to find out how deep a simple google search will show that in 2016 his contributions to his super PACs from Russia surged. Plus there is his wife’s family money that is still dependent on favorable government regulations, which surprisingly the Senate has provided. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 17:31