May 21, 2020

Coronavirus survivor shares shocking body transformation photo in hospital

Filed under: Health, News, Pictures, Questions, Reason, Science — Scottie @ 00:37

A 43-year-old California man has shared a shocking photo of the toll the coronavirus has taken on his strapping body — turning it into an emaciated shell during his six-week stay in a hospital, according to a report.

Mike Schultz, 43, a nurse from San Francisco with no underlying health conditions, weighed about 190 pounds when he pumped iron almost every day, according to BuzzFeed News.

But after dropping 50 pounds amid the ravages of COVID-19, Schultz decided to share two images to his 30,000 Instagram followers — one taken about a month before he fell ill, the other snapped at a Boston hospital.

Thumbnail

1. I wish there were more photos like that, and more stories of what sick people go through rather than countless stories of how the non-infected are suffering from cabin fever and a drop to their standard of living. Might make more stupid people take the pandemic seriously.

Comment by acflory — May 21, 2020 @ 00:52

• TOTALLY agree!

Comment by Nan — May 21, 2020 @ 11:47

• Hello Nan. People do not realize how deadly this virus can be. They see the asymptomatic ones, the ones it has not hit really bad, and they think it is a cake walk. They do not understand the bodies piling up so fast morgues are filled and hospitals were using refrigerated semi trailers to stack corpse in. That was what the news should have been walking thee people through.
        The Mayor of Montgomery Alabama told some new the governor did not want out. The hospitals are full and the ICUs are critical. Here is one link. https://www.wbrc.com/2020/05/20/montgomery-hospitals-very-critical-point-with-covid-mayor-says/
        This is starting to hit the south and rural areas and it will hit hard because they have been thinking this hits only northern city liberal places. Soon tRump is going to have a real mess on his hands even if they do not report the numbers correctly. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 15:03

• I guess you’ve seen/heard the news about the request that Trump wear a mask at the meeting at the Ford Plant in Michigan today. At this writing, haven’t heard if he did or not … but I have my doubts.

Comment by Nan — May 21, 2020 @ 15:30

• Hello Nan. Sorry No. Today is the first day I have been able to get any time at my devices, my computers included. I have barely been able to get out the morning roundup. But I agree , if tRump was asked to do something that went against his own ideas he wouldn’t do it, after all he is supreme in all ways and in charge of the entire US. He is indebted to Putin, and he likes the control Putin has over his country. I need a few days to catch up and regroup, but I hope you will keep me up on anything I need to know. Before I fell asleep at my desk last night and had to go to bed I had 53 tabs open of news I wanted to read. I had to wipe them out this morning and I now have only 24 but that was run at noon. I doubt I will get to any of them. I hope things settle down soon. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 17:06

• The way things are in this day and age … what you don’t read on any particular day is probably going to be changed/updated/replaced the next day so anything you dump is “old news” anyway.

Take care of yourself.

Comment by Nan — May 21, 2020 @ 17:58

• P.S. I just read the update … he didn’t wear one (why am I not surprised?) “despite a state law and company policy requiring facial coverings there.”

I’m sure it’s because he believes it would take away from his “good looks” … and has absolutely nothing to do with the virus.

Comment by Nan — May 21, 2020 @ 18:02

• Hello Nan. When you are the dear leader the reality is what you want it to be. I can not be the only one so very tired of this buffoon? If this was a normal kid you could either send them away or spank them, if a normal slow adult you could correct them and walk away knowing they can not hurt too many people. But some how this asshole tRump shit slid into the US presidency. That says something about our country. Then the Republicans in office became so scared of losing their cushy easy money jobs that they knelt at the dear leaders feet. Fuck us how is that where we are, why is the minority driving polices against the wishes of the majority? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 18:46

• Hello Nan. Things are getting better. Might be until tomorrow that I get you the email. It is getting late and I am tired. But I will keep going as long as I can. Hugs.
                OT no I did not make the requested chocolate chip cookies today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 18:39

• Hi Nan! Welcome. 🙂

Comment by acflory — May 21, 2020 @ 19:42

• Hello Meeka. Well said! I agree. We need many more stories such as these. My husband seen these people and cared for them in the ICU and that is why he did not want me to go out and get exposed. If these anti-mask people had to go help take care of these sick ill people you bet they would be the first ones demanding the masks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 14:37

• Ugh…isn’t it always the way? I’ll bet the idiots who think the pandemic is one big conspiracy would change their minds real quick. :/
        -hugs back-

Comment by acflory — May 21, 2020 @ 19:38

2. Good thing he kept himself in good shape as best he could before this. Looks like that extra work has helped keep him going. 50 pounds lost? Damn… that’s as much as people lose when doing chemo treatments!

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — May 21, 2020 @ 14:41

• Hello TheChattyIntrovert. Yes. The problem is people are buying the myth this is only harmful to the old or sick. That is not true. Dylan bought into the myth. They do not get the news and videos of bodies building up so fast that morgues are full and hospital are bring in refrigerated semi trailers to pile the bodies in. Ron told me the best thing they could do is roto-prone the patients which is a special bed that rotated them upside down so they were on their stomach, but that has a whole host of other problems as the body is not designed to be kept face down. Plus they have to order them from a specialty company that only had so many.
      Other not so ill people they put on beds that rotated them side to side by 45 degrees. In our country today there is a huge problem with misinformation and people willing to agree with anything that strokes their egos no matter how wrong. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 21, 2020 @ 16:13