May 29, 2020

I think the public can finally see. Never again applies here

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Criminal, Fascism, Hate, Memes, News, Political, Questions, Race, Reason — Scottie @ 04:48

(cartoon by Dave Granlund)

1. Scottie, while I am discouraged by yet one more black man’s death, especially using the words “I can’t breathe,” I am encouraged by yet one more Republican group, Republicans Voting Against Trump” are running ads with average people saying why they cannot again vote for Trump. That is the third active group of Republicans so doing. Keith

Comment by Keith — May 29, 2020 @ 09:52

• Hello Keith. You may want to read this then. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 29, 2020 @ 10:47

• Scottie, we should take nothing for granted, I understand. And, I understand the hubris of those in the article. But, one thing is for certain. They are scared and should be. They have weighted the pros and cons of Trump since he started. Now, he negatives are adding up and he may be an anchor. I think we need to remind legislators asking them what will they have to defend next week, the week after and the month after that Trump did or said. And, they need to be reminded he may have already done or said the bad action.

Unfortunately, the COVID-19 numbers will get worse and have started down that path to do so. I read a letter from a Trump voter that she will not be voting for Trump due to this RNC issue which endangers people. I think the RNC issue in Charlotte will haunt him, as I mentioned in my current post. He will continue to make decisions in his interest, as misguided as that is. And, am encouraged by the third Republican group to run anti-Trump commercials.

But, to your point, Trump’s commercials will believed by those who want to believe them, even though the truth is not a huge factor. So, I do worry.
        Keith

Comment by Keith — May 29, 2020 @ 14:04

• Hello Keith. Great thoughts. So what do you think these Republicans sycophants and those who just pretend to be will do and say after tRump loses and after the new President is sworn in? Will they double down or try to rehabilitate themselves somehow? Will they just pretend the last 4 years did not happen? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 29, 2020 @ 14:58

• Scottie, I just would love to have the situation of Trump being a former president come January. I have read Biden will have a bipartisan cabinet. That would be a major step forward on top of his winning. What also would be a positve step forward is the defeat of McConnell. Keith

Comment by Keith — May 29, 2020 @ 18:23

• Hello Keith. I disagree that asking Republicans to be in the administration is a good thing. Sorry that is giving in, saying OK we will do something your way. Republicans don’t do that and more importantly they do not respect it. In fact if they win by the barest of margins they act like they won by a landslide and act like they have a god given mandate to take over all of society. Republicans do not compromise, they find it distasteful and punish members of their party that even socialize with Democrats. A Cowboy politician just held a rally where he said the only good Democrat was a dead one. Sorry I am not going to agree to giving those people any power in the Democratic administration. I won’t give up the chance to make this country a better place by removing Republicans from power. Every Republican administration goes hard charging throwing out all the rules, then they insist the Democrats follow decency and the rules and play nice. It never changes and wont until the Republicans get treated as they treat others, then maybe they will learn. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 30, 2020 @ 06:44