May 30, 2020

Rather good question

Filed under: Bigotry, Cartoons, Children, Criminal, Fascism, Hate, Memes, News, Political, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 10:40

Thumbnail

1. That’s an excellent point.
    Love it. This needs to be addressed. Why keep the “bad ones”? Do they need the manpower that badly? I know they say they do to get more taxpayer dollars and warrior toys. More people would probably wanna be officers (and go into training) if they knew there was accountability and bad cops were booted out or arrested. Then they wouldn’t be guilty by association because the bad cops aren’t there to make everyone look bad.

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — May 30, 2020 @ 23:27

• Hello TheChattyIntrovert. It is worse than that. Two things are in play. The old tribal idea that you are either one of us or our enemy. We see that in the politics of today with tRump attacking any Republican that even hints at displeasing him. However what is worse starting in the late 1990’s and 2000’s white supremacists moved into the police forces. There was always a white racist component to a lot of police departments from the past, especially in the south. In fact Sheriffs were often the most racist police forces. In the 1990’s Sheriffs department in Florida patrolled the highways and pulled over any black people driving nice or expensive cars. They would take, confiscate, any cash the person had on them claiming it was drug money. The driver and car were then let go. There was very little chance of any way to get the money back, there was no charges, it was just the person was stopped, searched, car searched and anything of value taken for police profit. I personally know one person who had that happen to them. There was no way to get the money back. It is out right theft and harassment of POC. Yet is was so accepted the congress wrote it into law as civil forfeiture where police can take stuff claiming they think it is product of a drug crime yet the person stuff is taken from need not be charge with a crime and no evidence of such activity is needed. The police can simply say it is so and it is accepted. The steps needed for people to get back their property can run in to the thousands of dollars, as they must get a lawyer, sue the police or agency, produce evidence of wrong doing, basically all the requirements are on the accused instead of on the police or agency that took the stuff. Recently there was a case of a black older man who worked for a trucking company taking a large amount of cash to buy a refurbishment truck his company was buying. He was POC and got stopped and the police officer took the money. Strangely the amount taken decreased by thousands several times in transfer of custody. The original officer said he took so much, the next person said well no it was less and the third person in charge said no they only got less than the original. It basically is theft by police and in fact has funded a bunch of police departments.

So corruption and racism in police departments is a common and well known thing, the infusion of hard white supremacists is a thing of the last two decades. These groups made a drive to take over police forces just as evangelical churches have tried to take over school boards. The reasoning is the same for both, it is where they can most enforce their views on the public,. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 31, 2020 @ 15:22

• Hi TheChattyIntrovert,

I concur with Scottie’s reply to you. Moreover, there is also another big factor contributing to the crisis. Watch the following video entitled “Adam Ruins Everything – Our Overuse of SWAT Teams Makes Us Less Safe”:

Comment by SoundEagle 🦅ೋღஜஇ — June 1, 2020 @ 03:49

• I knew I missed an episode somewhere (love adam ruins everything). Huh… probably on my DVR right now, too. Gonna go watch now!

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — June 1, 2020 @ 21:54

• There is more for you in the form of a book entitled “Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America’s Police Forces” published in 2013 by investigative journalist Radley Balko who focuses on the subject of militarization of police in the United States.

Comment by SoundEagle 🦅ೋღஜஇ — June 3, 2020 @ 03:22

• Hello SoundEagle, and all others. Xena is is going to do another post on this subject, she is very well informed on it, and you should check out her blog, she has documented a lot of the police abuse against POC for many years. Yes SoundEagle I do see you liked her last post but I am also filling others who read this in about her blog. I am looking forward to her next post on this and with her permission I will reblog it here. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2020 @ 12:38

• huh–a book I don’t have on my shelf… yet. I think I have another subject to read on this summer after all…

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — June 3, 2020 @ 14:10

2. Scottie, great comment. Beginning with the KKK, many were sheriffs and judges. They wielded their power and authority so that no White person was ever prosecuted for crimes committed upon Blacks. The infiltration into law enforcement in the 1990’s came after the Sovereign Citizen movement of the 80’s swept across the North. The “citizen lawyers” of the movement attracted some men who could not attend college or law school, so went into law enforcement.

Around 2000, that same movement began attracting Blacks under the perception that the courts would grant cases that raised Sovereign Citizen arguments. Actor Wesley Snipes even got caught up in the “13th Amendment Citizen” argument with that group when he was charged with income tax evasion. Snipes went to prison and the 2 SC’s that prepared his legal documents were also convicted and jailed.

There are cops who protect their own regardless, because they know that retribution comes with a price of destruction. Just think of how Trump retaliates against people, even members of his own administration, then imagine he legally carries a gun, has access to evidence rooms, writes his own one-sided reports, and has rules and policies that do not hold him accountable.

Law enforcement is not the only profession infiltrated by those with White Supremacist ideologies. They are also in medical and teaching,

Comment by Xena — June 1, 2020 @ 02:47

• Hi Xena,

Thank you for your detailed comment. I concur with you about Scottie’s comment.

I would like to add that there is also another big factor contributing to the crisis. Please watch the following video entitled “Adam Ruins Everything – Our Overuse of SWAT Teams Makes Us Less Safe”:

Happy June to you!

Comment by SoundEagle 🦅ೋღஜஇ — June 1, 2020 @ 03:56

• Hello Xena. I agree with what you wrote, but in truth I think there is more to it. You seem to know far more than I do or even most of our viewers. I did not know some of what you wrote. However I am not the one to write it. I wish I was but that is where I fail. So I ask you to please help us out. You have the knowledge and the passion for what must be said. There is three ways to do this that I know. You can write the post on your blog and I can reblog it here ( you have to make sure I know you have done it as I miss a lot of stuff ) Or you can put the whole post in a comment but that is messy. Or you can email it to me at Scottiestoybox@gmail.com ( again make sure I know it by telling me in a comment on my blog ) and I can make it a post on its own. Any way you want to do it, I think what you have to say, the subject it self is important to hear. Please let me know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 1, 2020 @ 20:32

• True Scottie, there’s lots more to it. It would probably require a book to document it all because it goes back just that far. I don’t mind writing a post that you can reblog, or I can send it to you via email as a guess blogger. Thinking of sending it to you via email because you are the person inspiring the post. (((((Hugs)))))

Comment by Xena — June 3, 2020 @ 01:18

3. Scottie,
    I just sent you an email. Are you on Twitter?

Comment by Xena — June 7, 2020 @ 18:04

• Hello Xena. I got your email will be posting your grand post today. About twitter yes and no. I have a twitter account and but I only use to to push my blog out to twitter. I use to surf twitter and answer / respond to tweets, but I just can not keep up with it and I don’t have that much time to give it. Thanks again for writing this. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 8, 2020 @ 06:12