June 2, 2020

My project today. Ron loves bread hot out of the oven

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 15:43

1. That looks fabulous! I come from a large family & my mother baked four loaves of bread every other day! She timed it so they were coming out of the oven as we were coming in the door from school & the smell was sooooo heavenly! I love a piece of fresh-baked bread with butter on it over any other snack! Hugs

Comment by silverapplequeen — June 2, 2020 @ 16:13

• Hello Polly. Wonderful memories. Wow, four loaves. I had my hands full with this double batch. Ron likes to cut the side wings off the freshly baked bread, butter it, and enjoy it also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2020 @ 11:23

2. 😊 Mmm!

Comment by ali redford — June 3, 2020 @ 00:09

• Hello Ali. For some reason ( think too small pans ) my breads rise well out of the pans and form wings on the sides. Ron loves to cut the wings off when the bread first comes out of the oven, spread them with butter and munch them down. My next project is oatmeal cookies. I will have to do two batches because Ron likes raisin oatmeal cookies and I prefer peanut butter ones. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2020 @ 12:00

• Mmm! I’m not sure, exactly, why that happens, but I know a couple of places you could check into it if you want. My stepmom baked bread and that would happen except for if it was a gift; she was good that way. No one ever complained, and no one complains when my bread loaves do it, either; I think Ron’s reaction is universal!

Comment by ali redford — June 3, 2020 @ 17:24

• Hello Ali. I agree. I think I am going to look for a couple bigger deeper pans than I got. Of course I want ones that go into the dishwasher.😀😁😄😎 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 4, 2020 @ 06:57

3. Our favorite thing! Sometimes we only have hot bread and butter for dinner! Yum!

Comment by koolaidmoms — June 3, 2020 @ 13:31

• Hello koolaidmoms. I can understand. Ron loves it on new bread baking days. Then again, Ron loves it on any of the days I bake and even more on the days when I make a meal or two. It is not because he can not cook or I do it rarely, it is we just enjoy each others cooking and often help out with each others meals, but because we both love good tasting food and we both cook a bit differently. And it is always better when someone else cooks it , right? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2020 @ 16:45

• Fun!

Comment by koolaidmoms — June 3, 2020 @ 18:33

• Hello koolaidmoms. Do you have a favorite baking snack or cookie? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 4, 2020 @ 07:02

• Probably a classic pound cake. It pairs well with anything – fruit, ice cream, etc…

Comment by koolaidmoms — June 4, 2020 @ 10:49

• Hello koolaidmoms. I have never made one of those. I have made lots of cakes from mixes, and I am itching to make one from scratch. Are pound cakes the ones with the hole in the center? I am thinking of making Ron some sort of cookie bar, or something he can cut small portions of if his sugar is high and he just has to have a snack. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 4, 2020 @ 15:02

• Yes. Pound cakes can be bundt (the one with the hole) or a loaf. They are called pound cake because they were originally made with a pound of butter, a pound of sugar… you get the idea. Rich and buttery. Lemon bar cookies are always nice if you like lemon.

Comment by koolaidmoms — June 4, 2020 @ 20:26