June 3, 2020

Read This Christian Dad’s Letter to the Boy Who “Stole” His Daughter’s Virginity

Filed under: Children, Family, Fascism, News, Religion, Sex — Scottie @ 07:25

Read This Christian Dad’s Letter to the Boy Who “Stole” His Daughter’s Virginity

More than a decade ago, two high school students ended their relationship.

Breakups are always tough. They’re especially heartbreaking when it’s your first love. But that situation happens all the time. Hopefully you learn something from the experience and carry that with you into your future relationships.

Last week, however, the past came back to haunt the boy… even though he’s been married (to someone else) for the past seven years.

According to a Twitter user named Isaac, that boy — a friend of his — received a letter from his ex-girlfriend’s father. And it’s a doozy.

In all seriousness, what troubled him the most about this letter was the father treating his daughter as if she’s his property. That’s something that he thought only existed in some other cultures and religions, not the Christianity he’s most familiar with. Even when he dated the girl in question, the father was perhaps overprotective, but nothing like this.

Please go to the link above and read the ranting letter of an evangelical Christian who thinks he owns his daughter as property and that her purity, her virginity was his property, that was stolen from him.  It is sickening and something you hear Christians complain about in other religions.    Control of the female body, control of the female sexual organs seems to be a large part of Christianity these days.    Hugs

1. Hi Scottie;

Hi! Remember me? I know, wouldn’t know it by my communication skills. New work duties are kicking my behind.

Wow. Didn’t know you could own another’s virginity. I could see the anger if it was a rape situation, but they were both of the same age, consenting relationship, and it sounds like the girl gave what was hers to give. I can only imagine the Thanksgiving holidays for this poor lady.
    What baffles me is that this father seems to be living in the old testament, yet refers to himself as a christian. ? Conflict of terms. Further, it has been well over the proscribed number of years for debt fulfillment and I have to assume that in 20 years of time, ten of which the “debt” had been initially forgiven by the father, a year of jubilee entered somewhere. I find his leaps of logic fascinating. I mean, if you are going to live by an archaic set of laws, don’t you have to live by all of them? I would love to hear from a Talmudist point of view and even more, the consequence of such threats given in writing to someone who, in my opinion and I’m fairly sure that same opinion of most any other sane person, owes nothing.
    Then, I’d like to see that man in some serious counseling. Wow.

Hugs!!

Comment by randy — June 3, 2020 @ 10:58

• Hello Brother. I do seem to keep missing you online. Not all your doing, my own home life right now is kicking my butt also. Today is the most constant on computer time I have gotten, and today I am tired, so go figure.

Ron is making me a grand supper, I am just trying to stay awake long enough.

As to the asshole man, if he wants to live in the past I would ask him to give up all modern conveniences. No phone, no modern medicine, lets see him deal with a world as it was 2000 years ago. Lets see him deal with no super soft TP. If he wants to deprive his daughter her rights as a woman then he must live by the requirements of men at that time.

The thing is what he may not know or understand ( because boys getting sexual release is great, but not girls, they must never have an orgasm or feelings of release ) is if she was having consensual sex with one boy, she most likely was doing it with other boyfriends. It felt good and she liked it, just like the boys did. The entire thing is horrifying and in a way is like some people feel about POC. They must be monitored, given less freedom, their actions monitored and controlled, treated like they are not smart to control themselves, and needing to be told what to so and how to do it. What is good for white people is not OK for POC to do or enjoy. Their entire attitude is that the white male knows better than anyone else feels or wants. Everyone else must be subservient to the great knowledge and understanding of the demands of the white male.

I am watching Seth Myers talk about and show videos of the military and the militarized police drive 100% peaceful protesters out of the area so tRump can pretend to be a strong man after it was reported he cowered in the White House bunker. It is a horrible view of the US right now. If we seen this in another country the Republicans would be screaming civil rights, human rights, they need democracy. This is one of the things they accused the USSR of and East Berlin of when I was a young soldier over seas. But it is here, and democracy is dying. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2020 @ 15:07

• Hello Randy. Forgot to include the video. Watch the part how they treated the people and drove them out of the area. Welcome to tRump’s America, brought to you by Republicans too cowardly to stand up to him. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2020 @ 15:10

2. The daughter needs to go to dad and say “wake up, I’m a human being and we were in a relationship and I wanted it. My body, my choice.” That she wasn’t surprised he felt that way with the Purity Culture thing, but she didn’t, I wonder if she was afraid of him (and how he found out about it at all). Maybe it came out when talking with another family member, who knows?.

My dad was definitely a “gotta be married before you share a bed” person, (at least the woman/daughter; he sure didn’t live by that rule with his girlfirends). He wasn’t religious, but believed in that enough that I barely dated at all because I wasn’t sure how to live in my dad’s house and have a relationship that might go farther with a man. He was definitely the kind of dad that you couldn’t talk about growing up and woman stuff with. I mentioned needing tampons and pads from the store once and he nearly had a seizure.

I’m pretty sure I loved my dad, but I was sick of him, too, because he wore me down to keep me a child under his roof into my 30s. He’d lecture me about being out too late (yes, sometimes I wouldn’t come home til after midnight), but i was in my mid-20s and hanging out with friends at school playing D&D. I wonder if he really believed that. I think he didn’t wanna be left alone, but couldn’t admit it, and didn’t wanna get married again. I learned to think “what’s gonna happen to dad when I leave?” when I got too frustrated with him, and thereby changed nothing. A practical rent-free so live-at-home arrangement became trapped dependence, and a big part of me deep down can’t help hating him for that.

At least this young woman seems to have decided to come into her own and live her own life. And the guy is not letting this bother him too much. But yeah, I’d be wondering about that relationship if they’d kept going instead of breaking up. the dad would be in their lives every minute trying to dictate their marriage, I bet.

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — June 3, 2020 @ 13:15

• Hello TheChattyIntrovert. I am sorry you had to go through that. Yes it was abusive and very manipulative. It clearly was for his needs and not yours. You have my complete sympathy. I think your assessment of their future marriage had they gone forward together is spot on. Those chains of our childhood and the way they reach deep into our future are very hard to deal with.

It seems the young woman and the young guy got out of a really bad situation as you say. I just can not imagine how warped a person has to be to do what this man did , to think the way he did. It is one thing to have a religious bent and to teach your kids to not masturbate or not have sex, most adults having sex when they were teens tried that trick with their kids also. It rises to a really new and dangerous level when the guy stews and simmers in the idea of his daughter having sex and it robbing him for a decade or more. The bile in his system as he kept thinking of the penetrative consensual sex of his daughter is destroying enough, but why keep thinking over and over of it. It is really perverse. In the Game Of Thrones HBO show they had a running theme where the newly married had to have their official first sex in front of a bunch of people. If you are obsessing over your daughter first having a consensual penetration for that long , you seem to want to have watched. That is a sickening thought.

Anyway good friend I am glad you are out of that abusive relationship and on to a better life. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 3, 2020 @ 16:41

3. The man’s psychotic…that much is painfully obvious. The admitted desire to torture and kill the young man is terrifying. He says he’s seen hell. Oh really? What is so stunning about that remark is that the man, the father, is hell. He is the sort of human who creates hell on earth, and he is absolutely blind to it all.

Comment by Paul — June 3, 2020 @ 20:58

• chilling words. reminds me of one of those guys who gets interviewed that participates in honor killings and they admit their murder with a smile, because it was “right” and “just” and helped them “regain their family honor.”

Hope that girl left as soon as she was legal and stayed away til she got what she wanted.

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — June 4, 2020 @ 01:27

• Hello TheChattyIntrovert. Yes I agree. I was thinking that no one owes their parents so much they have to give up their life, their dreams, their future just to make parents happy. These parents who demand such things from their adult children are the first to scream demanding their own “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 4, 2020 @ 07:08

• Hello Paul. Well said, very well said. Yes good thing he is not in charge but the sad thing is too many like him are in charge. Or have loud public platforms to voice such crap. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 4, 2020 @ 07:05

4. HOLY SHIT!!! That guy seriously needs to be in a mental hospital somewhere! He obviously has no job, nothing to do but ruminate for ten damn years??? Ask my again why I think religion is the foundation of most evil. Hugs!

Comment by jilldennison — June 5, 2020 @ 02:06

• Hello Jill. Incredible that thinking is alive and surviving in our age today. Then I think of the Duggar’s and the girls in the Quiverfull movements. We have some young people in very messed situations growing up confused about and denied their rights as a person. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 5, 2020 @ 09:10