June 3, 2020

The Washington Post: CIA analysts have seen these scenes before — ‘in countries before a col lapse’

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 13:56

CIA analysts have seen these scenes before — ‘in countries before a collapse’
For former U.S. intelligence officials, scenes of armed clashes and strongman poses are familiar signs of a fraying country.

Read in The Washington Post: https://apple.news/AkbPSYY2xRm-RVrBL2BdvNg

Shared from Apple News

1. Scottie – much as I hate to say it, I think it’s all going to come down to military intervention; either to install him as the dictator he’s craving to be, or to remove him altogether, and I can’t predict which was it will go. The head of the Pentagon just loudly criticized tRump for that stunt he pulled, and to express his distaste for calling on them to quell peaceful protesters. It’s the entire premise behind posse comitatus, and the Insurrection Act hasn’t been used since the early 1800s, and is only meant to be used to put down – that’s right – insurrections, and not 1st Amendment-guaranteed peaceful assemblies.

I’m more frightened for our country now, as I’ve ever been, and it’s lookin more & more like Civil War 2.0

Comment by Dennis Cole — June 3, 2020 @ 14:42

• Hello Dennis. I think you may be correct. I was encouraged that some sheriffs and police chiefs put down their riot gear and knelt with protesters, talked with the protesters. In Huston the chief of police asked the protesters how he could help them, keep them safe, and how they could help keep his officers safe. The response was great. That is what the protest is about really, being heard, making a positive change. I don’t think the mid level officer corps in the military would go along with full scale military attack on the US population. I hope so. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 4, 2020 @ 06:20

2. Hi Scottie. This is a truly frightening development. I’ve been saying for a long time that revolution was coming. I had hoped I was wrong.

Comment by Death of Democracy — June 4, 2020 @ 22:40

• Hello Death of Democracy. I agree. Ron also has been saying that a revolution was coming to address not only the income / wealth divide but also the inequality issues today. I figured it would also be needed to address the rising Christian theocracy take over. I hope we have not crossed those lines yet. I hope we can make changes with out all out war and blood shed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 5, 2020 @ 09:03

• I hope so too, Scottie , but I saw an article about some racist groups calling for Civil War. I guess they figure if the South wins this time they could re-institute slavery?

The country is at a low boil and tension is high. Trump knows nothing except heavy handedness and the violent response to peaceful protesters and that will force the issue. If we can just hang on until November, we may avoid much more bloodshed.

I am so lucky to have been born White.

Comment by Death of Democracy — June 5, 2020 @ 16:04

• Hello Death of Democracy. Yes the die hard racist want a race war and they weirdly think they will win. They lost the first time in the US, they have lost world wide every time it happens. Yet these high school drop outs that have never been able to do a regular work out now think they can save the white race with their cosplay. I am sorry that there are so many of these assholes racist out there but they are still in the minority and we can and must stomp them out now forever. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 5, 2020 @ 18:54