June 4, 2020

We need police reform NOW

1. Maybe I’m missing something … but why did he stop to begin with? Just to tell police his wife was pregnant? Other cars were going through the intersection. I don’t get it …

Comment by Nan — June 4, 2020 @ 17:44

• Hello Nan. The police were just shooting randomly at cars. I don’t know what damage those pepper balls and other “non-lethal” rounds do to a paint job, but I know they hit with enough impact to do damage to the human body. I think he was angry and stupidly thought he has a right to express that anger as a citizen in a civilized country where people have rights. If kids had been shooting things at cars it is a crime and they are arrested and charged. When the police randomly shoot at cars and deny the rights of the people … Well welcome to the new USA. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 5, 2020 @ 07:09

• OK … now I can see some logic in his actions. His wife was sitting on the side of the car that would have been hit. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was trying to protect her.

Quite frankly, I’m “turning off” most everything connected with the riots and the police and the national guard and the federal response. This is why I didn’t “like” or comment on much of anything you posted yesterday … and probably won’t today if it’s on this subject. It’s not that I don’t see the core issues … but so long as Trump is in office and likes to push white supremacy (contrary to any words that come out of that tiny mouth), solutions are not going to materialize.

Comment by Nan — June 5, 2020 @ 11:37

• Hello Nan. You wont like the video I just posted then. Two unarmed women attacked and beaten by a dozen or more battle dressed cops for no reason I could see. Even if they had broken some laws the response from the squad of police was totally out of proportion. They were acting like they were subduing terrorist in a war zone, and they were terrorizing these women. The were trying to install fear and to affirm the absolute authority of the police. They shall not be questioned. They are laws unto themselves, they are the arm of a police state. Be well, take care, I know this stuff is hard to watch. However tRump did not create this and it wont go away even if he does. I was reading yesterday how a local community wanted to cut the police budget and the city mangers got threaten by the police union if they did it. The police really have become unrestrained thugs, a crime syndicate of their own. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 5, 2020 @ 12:39

2. Maybe his car stalled. But he never should have said Fuck you to the cops. It’s Yes sir, No Sir & that’s that. That was asking for trouble IMHO.

Comment by silverapplequeen — June 5, 2020 @ 06:37

• Hello Polly. Yes he was stupid to stop and argue with police right now. However as I told Nan these were police who were randomly shooting cars with these pepper shots and possibly rubber bullets. The man was angry and felt he was owed an answer from the cops for this lawlessness. He felt he was a citizen doing nothing wrong and the cops were acting like criminals. If kids had been doing this, if a bunch of black men had been randomly pelting cars they would have been arrested. The point is the police are lawless in some places right now. They are like warlords, they are making themselves the rulers instead of the ones to follow the rules. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 5, 2020 @ 10:15

3. & for all we know, he was just another abusive man wanting attention & she wasn’t even pregnant or if she was pregnant, her own life was in more danger, because women are 95% more likely to be violently attacked by their men when they are pregnant so him being arrested might be her salvation. We can only hope for the best in all situations.

Comment by silverapplequeen — June 5, 2020 @ 06:41

• Hello Polly. That is a lot of assumptions. There was no sign of any of that. Sorry I can not agree to that interpretation. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 5, 2020 @ 10:16