June 16, 2020

A White Woman, Racism and a Poodle

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 12:48

Hello FRANKLYWRITE. Wow what more can be said. This is why we need real change in the US, why we need not only political change but a complete change in our view of policing. The change needs to start with the idea that many of the police tactics used today are not needed and out dated. Why with all the cameras do we need to stop a vehicle unless there is risk of life. If it is a minor traffic violation simply record it with the dash cameras, record the plate and send the ticket. Many toll bridges do this. Where I live in Florida we have three toll bridges with no tool collectors, but there are big signs saying drive through, you will be billed in the mail if you do not have one of the transponders. The system works. The idea of the police as catch all who answer every call feeds into the narrative of an occupying force who is used to force obedience. It is a false narrative that needs to be destroyed. To my Toy Box viewers please give this post a read. Hugs

FranklyWrite

I have not told this story before. I worry how it will be received. I don’t know the right language to express it other than my own thoughts and feelings. This post is not for people of color because they already know it. This is for white people living in suburbs and small towns who think this is a big city problem and “It’s not my town.”

Before moving to New York City, I drove every where. I got pulled over 3 times in 15 years; two speeding tickets and an illegal left hand turn.

The first year I was back in Michigan, I got pulled over 5 times. Each time it was for impeding traffic and I did not get a ticket.

I drove a dark grey, 1998 Chevy Venture van that was in storage for several years. It was in good shape.

View original post 1,428 more words

1. Too bad Becky (who has been commenting on Nan’s last blog post) cannot read this. .or the story from shell digger. . or. .. there are so many others. 😦

Comment by Carmen — June 16, 2020 @ 13:20

• Hello Carmen. I will head over to Nan’s to check out the comments. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 16, 2020 @ 16:31

• Most of the comments from Becky are on the post that includes the link to the former cop confession.

Comment by Nan — June 16, 2020 @ 16:39

• Hello Nan. OK thanks. I am going to bed, I am beat. I have been up since 1 AM. I will check out your posts and her comments in the morning. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 16, 2020 @ 17:02

2. This post about the dog is actually pretty funny. Wonder how many of the cops that stopped her were perhaps a wee bit embarrassed? (Of course they’d never admit it!!!)

Comment by Nan — June 16, 2020 @ 17:15

• Hello Nan. That is why after they realized it was a dog they were testy and touchy making things up until letting her go. The real question is what would they have done if it had been a black man? What crime is a white woman and a black man driving together in one older van breaking? This was clearly a case of bigotry on the part of the officers. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 17, 2020 @ 03:47