June 26, 2020

This passes as humor amount the moron crowd called cult of tRump

1. Republicans deserve what they get come Nov.

I have never in my life seen so much stupid, so much hate, so much sinister corruption, so much blatant racism, so much talking out of both sides of their mouths, so much of an assault on law and order, so much contempt for the 99% in any party. In my lifetime…

Let Nov be the end of this shit. Please for the sake of the entire planet vote these incorrigible bastards out!

Comment by shelldigger — June 26, 2020 @ 12:45

• Hello ShellDigger. Well said, I agree. When I think that these are adults pulling this shit I really have to wonder what went wrong in their lives? How did they get so screwed up to act the ways they are. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 26, 2020 @ 17:07

2. Despicable it is. How have you been Scottie? My apologies for not visiting much. Strangely enough I seem to have less time in confinement, 🤣
    Stay safe.

Comment by equinoxio21 — June 26, 2020 @ 13:20

• Hello equinoxio21. Hello friend. I am doing well thank you. I have been busy. Ron was Furloughed on May 13 and then separated from his ICU job on June 20th. Which is good as they offered him a buy out, he is one year from retirement, and now wont have to face the huge surge in sick and ill people here in Florida from our surging Covid -19 spike. They opened too soon and now the state and its people are paying.

Hope all is well for you and yours. I agree about time, I never seem to get everything done. I am cooking a lot more with Ron home, and he often wants my time. But all is good, I am getting really good at home made bread. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 26, 2020 @ 17:36

• Furlough? In the times of the British Empire it meant the several months long vacation one had every 2-3 years to go back to England for a few months and rest from the fevers of the tropics. A buy-out sounds like a good option, particularly in those virus-ridden days. Stay safe.

Comment by equinoxio21 — June 27, 2020 @ 18:12

• Hello equinoxio21. The way they did this was entirely dishonest and the actions they took screwed the ones effected. However I am holding off telling the whole story until we get the money in the bank. Lucky for us they are in a hurry to get this settled and behind them so they are not taking the 5 to 7 months they gave themselves. Tomorrow Ron gives them the signed papers and they promised the payout in 21 days. Stay tuned for the full story. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2020 @ 08:27

• I’ll keep my fingers crossed. Why is everybody in such a hurry to screw everybody? Something went very wrong in education. And I don’ mean just school, also what people have been taught at home. “Screw your neighbour”? Unbelievable.

Comment by equinoxio21 — June 28, 2020 @ 19:10

• Hello equinoxio21. This hospital system is vicious. They have a huge legal department they call risk avoidance. The boiler plate in this document says we are not even allowed to tell people about the program and why / how Ron was separated. I doubt that can be legal. But I am holding my peace until the money is in the account. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 29, 2020 @ 07:10

• Wasn’t there a Woody Allen movie long ago, called “Take the money and go”? 😉

Comment by equinoxio21 — June 29, 2020 @ 19:53

• Hello equinoxio21. There is a great Steve Miller band song called “take the money and run”. If you have a chance to listen to it let me know what you think. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2020 @ 12:18

• Listening to it right now. I missed out on that one. never heard it before. Very 70’s sound though. I like it. Thanks for the tip.

Comment by equinoxio21 — June 30, 2020 @ 19:32

• Some… chords remind me of Sweet home Alabama. More or less at the same time.

Comment by equinoxio21 — June 30, 2020 @ 19:34

• Hello equinoxio21. I like that style of 70’s music. I never hear it until I was in the military as old country and western was allowed in the place I grew up. While a lot of people my age were into loud hard rock, I like the songs I could hear the lyrics over the music sounds. If I can not understand the words the song is sort of ruined for me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 1, 2020 @ 06:09

• LOL. It is my main problem with “metal”. I stopped with Led Zeppelin. 😉

Comment by equinoxio21 — July 2, 2020 @ 18:47

3. Disgusting, deplorable, ignorant – at a loss for words to define my reaction. Will settle on revulsion, as in unspeakable loathing for those who sully the spirit of everything they claim to hold dear. Off to scream into a pillow….

Comment by Notes To Ponder — June 27, 2020 @ 05:22

• Hello Notes To Ponder. I often wonder if these politician really believe the ignorant hateful crap they spew or if it is an act for political points. I posted a cartoon this morning where Canada is calling for a wall, to keep people from the US out. Congratulations on your country’s work on stopping the spread of the virus and your slow reopening that is saving lives. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2020 @ 06:50

• Sigh. Canada doesn’t need a wall, we have the presence of mind to keep the border closed. Earlier this week 7 Americans were ticketed $1,200 each for hiking in Banff National Park. Seems this group thought they could play fast and loose with international borders by claiming they were driving to Alaska. Nice try, do they think COVID is a joke? Our national parks aren’t even open to local residents and these buffoons thought their selfish deception perfectly reasonable. WTF? Speaks volumes as to the mindset of Trumpish America. Sweet mercy, any American who thinks they’ll be welcomed internationally by virtue of U.S. citizenship has another thing coming. The EU is about to ban all American travel, Canada has no interest in opening the border and still it hasn’t dawned on Americans they’re not welcome outside the U.S. As for ignorant political crap – sadly I believe America is so broken it doesn’t matter anymore what politicians spoon feed numskulls provided such nonsense translates to votes. Hugs.

Comment by Notes To Ponder — June 27, 2020 @ 07:09

• Hello Notes to Ponder. People in the US have a weird view of their place in the world and a inflated view of their own importance. For nearly a century the people here have been indoctrinated with the idea that the US is #1 in everything. The US is the best country, the most wealthy, the smartest, the best inventors, the most productive, the most lucky, has the best healthcare, has the best form of government, has the worlds best democracy we need to force on everyone else and so on. It has gotten so bad that if you mention something another country has done better than the US the indoctrinated people have to claim it is fake or communist / anti freedom. The people here are brainwashed with Stockholm syndrome. We are slowly dying in our cages to please a wealthy over lord group that doesn’t care about the masses in anyway, supported by a complaint government who shovels all the countries wealth up to the richest people. I wish I had the chance to leave, but I am too old and too poor. I simply understand too much to accept the drivel spewed constantly by the ones in charge and the cult followers who agree with it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 27, 2020 @ 07:24

• Scottie, your last comment reminded me of something I read in today’s local paper. Our legislation is in a special session right now to discuss COVID-19 relief and police accountability. However, as so often happens, other issues have also come up. One of them was a bill to allow an extension of eviction notices due to the hardships of the virus. A REPUBLICAN senator doesn’t favor it because … get this .. it’s “unfair to landlords who have invested in those properties and may have bank loans and maintenance expenses to pay.”

Doesn’t that sound totally Republican??? Screw the many people who can’t work because of the virus and are simply trying to keep a roof over their heads! Much more important for that ONE person (the landlord) to be able to pay his/her loan payment (which could be extended under the current conditions) and maintenance expenses (which don’t happen everyday).

GRRRR!!!

Comment by Nan — June 27, 2020 @ 14:25

• Hello Nan. Yes. Other countries paid the rent of the renter during the crisis so these problems did not happen. They even gave them their weekly paycheck so they could pay all their bills and eat. Our country gave 500 billion to the wealthiest companies X 10 plus another 500 billion that was to go to small businesses but seems to have gone to more large business, wall street companies, and churches but not to local restaurants and local stores, gave the people a one time $1200 that the administration claimed should last the people receiving it for 10 weeks. Now the tRump administration claims that despite the law requiring it they do not need to and wont say who got how much of the public treasury.

This whole experience has shown what our country really has become from the hay days of prosperity for everyone and the building of the middle class, to a nation driven to funnel all wealth of the country, of everyone, to the upper levels of society. The people are being drained of their life, being denied any quality of life so that the upper wealthy can receive even more wealth they do not need, as if they were just food for vampires or livestock to be kept in cages until needed.

What is human advancement if it is not to improve the quality of life? Why should some be expected to live with nothing, like peons, while others bask in luxuries. That went out with feudal lords. Betsy Devos has ten yachts but is under a contempt of court order because she is not letting the education department discharge fraudulent student loans for poor people , and it seems it is because she has large investments in these same loan companies.

This virus has really pulled the veneer back and shown what the US has become and is, a country owned by plutocrats demanding their paid for elected government officials to siphon more and more of the pubic wealth to them. They really don’t even hide it anymore. This is little different than the drug lords in corrupt countries where the government has failed and the country is run by wealthy drug gangs. Only here the wealthy gangs have oil, chemical, retail, and investment companies instead of drugs.

Hugs