The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

Incredibly, that’s not the day’s biggest story.

This evening, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal both broke extraordinary news. Months ago, American intelligence officials concluded that during peace talks to end the war in Afghanistan, a Russian military intelligence group offered to Taliban-linked fighters bounties for killing American troops. They paid up, too, although it is unclear which of the twenty U.S. deaths happened under the deal.

8 thoughts on “This article is about the lengths tRump has gone to please Putin while knowing they were targeting our troops.

1. Dennis Cole says:

20 deaths. It’s why I don’t believe the story. There’s a grain of thuth in there somewhere, but everybody seems to have conveniently forgotten how we did MUCH worse, 25 yrs ago, when we recruited and trained a Saudi “rebel” by name of Bin Laden, and we set up training camps for his insurgents, and sent them plenty of arms & ammo, and even Chemical and Biological WMDs. to use against the Rooskies, to get them to leave. And it’s funny how there wasn’t really a “Taliban” until 9/11, and that no one had ever heard of Al-Qada, as well.

Sometimes you gotta make up a really scary “Boogyman,” in order to start a War….

1. Scottie says:

Hello Dennis. Why do you doubt there was twenty deaths during that time frame? The number of US deaths in that country has been going down steadily and twenty doesn’t stand out to me as incorrect.

As for the Taliban people in the US may not have been aware of them but they had been there a long time. They were part of the militia groups fighting the Soviets. The were established as an organization on October 10, 1994. How and why they took over has different stories depending on the area of the country, but all of the stories are that they filled a need the people had that was not being address, weather it was food or safety or even protection from those who preyed on the women and children. people traded those needs for their freedoms. Hugs

1. Dennis Cole says:

Scottie – again, you miss my gist. I donn’t know if you noticed, but I’m not my usual self. I’m making a lot of typos, and my thought processes arent’ as clear, due to a chemical imbalance, and an ongoing firght getween my pan meds, (which only make me queasy, and not so nauseaous,) and my allergy meds – a nasal spray, that as soon as I spray and taste it, I puke. I’ve lost 60 lbs since Thanksgiving, and not deleiberately – I just don’t feel like cooking, or eating, if I’m just gonna puke it back up. So we’re working on it, my Drs and I, but I can’t go in for any personal visits or tests.

What I meant was ONLY TWENTY? If the program was put in plae, it should have been 2,000. And it was only 16 dead in 2019, and 19 in 2018, and according to the Pentagon, it’s almost impossible to distinguish the natue or type of “enemy combatnat ” that killd them. Some were shot by “Greenshirts,” or Afghani militia we trained but who could have been fronting for the Taliban.

And beforre 9/11, no one had ever heard of the Taliban, or Al-qada; ther were PLENTY of local tribesmen and villagers who fit the bill, they were just loosely-organized , rag-tag rebels who were willing to fight every invader to the death.

And it strikes me as a bit “funny” how all those U$ Ameros were just recently found, in the “Rebel’s hideout;” they left in such a hurry they forgot their REWARD MONEY?!?!?!?!

1. Scottie says:

Hello Dennis. I am really sorry to hear of your issues. That is horrible you are going through all that. I hope your doctors can get it solved soon for you. As much as I hated to do it I had to put my allergy treatments on hold for now. I just have to see how this whole thing is going to play out with losing the medical coverage of Ron’s employment. The idea of a person getting their medical coverage from an employer is something we have to change and do away with. I wish you the best. Keep me informed, I care. Hugs

1. Dennis Cole says:

Scottie – I’m so sorry to hear about what YOU are going thru. I must have missed the memo re: Ron; if you prefer to tell me in an email, that’s fine. But last night I got so ill from the nasal spray, I had to look it up. It conains steroids. I’m allergic to steroids. But, my Allergist prescribed me a drug I’m wildly allergic to. Go figure. I’m having a vid visit later, and I’m gonna chew hin anew one.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Dennis. Ron lost his job. They Furloughed him when he was on his way to work. The offered him a choice, take an early payout, or be fired. He took the pay out. He was separated on the June 20th and now we are trying to pick out a Part D plan. It is driving us crazy. Plus there is the whole with out his income and trying to make things work when he is now home all the time. It will work out. Hugs

2. Paul says:

The payment for these crimes will come due in four months. I can only hope that America has enough soul left to expunge the filth from Washington. These are the worst of times.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Paul. I agree. It is going to take a large effort to uncover and get rid of the corruption. It is the courts I worry about. Hugs