June 29, 2020

NBC News: Some COVID-19 patients aren’t getting better. Major medical centers are trying to figure out how to help.

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 04:41

Some COVID-19 patients aren’t getting better. Major medical centers are trying to figure out how to help.
“What we need is more research to explain where the symptoms are coming from,” one expert said.

Read in NBC News: https://apple.news/A2E9-SBbwTma5HJliUG9aiw

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. I’ve read several articles on this phenomenon. This virus is BAD NEWS is more ways than one. And yet … and yet … there are those who REFUSE to do what is necessary to keep it from spreading … as they follow the example of their bigly smart leader who knows all about everything.

Comment by Nan — June 29, 2020 @ 12:12

• I passed by a bar that opened up around the corner of my neighborhood. It was closed with a sign by the road saying that it was closed “because of governor abbott”. No, it’s closed because of coronavirus, dammit. What I find strange is bars are supposed to close, but plenty of restaurants are open with limited seating and services in a country where you have to wear masks to walk in the door. Of course, the point of bars is socialization versus just getting a drink or a meal. But it’s strange that right when the numbers here in Texas are rising fast, especially in the Houston area, that you can walk in and sit down versus going back to grabbing your food and leaving, or using the drive-thru or carryout parking.

I’m very concerned about this, because this is my neck of the woods and who knows how may people are gonna be affected even more because of these strange openings.

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — June 29, 2020 @ 22:23

• Hello TheChattyIntrovert. I read this morning while waiting to get my blood drawn that the Texas Medical Center in Houston three days ago announced their ICU’s were at 100% capacity and then they went silent under pressure from the Governor to not report the information. What is the story on the ground about this? Please keep safe. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2020 @ 12:33

• No idea–I’ve been trying to get sleep while I can and have missed some news reports. Too dang busy at work to even remember to turn the news on. No idea. I’m just back to avoiding people as much as I can. Less grumbling about masks, but the social distancing thing is practically out the window now that masks are around. It’s like people think they’re supposed to abide by one or the other instead of both.

Comment by TheChattyIntrovert — June 30, 2020 @ 21:59

• Hello Nan. I had to go get some lab tests done this morning. I was very happy to see how serious the place was taking this. The people manning the doors let people in one at a time, questioned them, got their temp, directed them to what they needed to be. The lab people from the check in to the people drawing the blood were fully gowned, masked, and gloved. Between each person they cleaned everything. Even in the drawing areas they limited the number of people so that social distancing happened. I took advantage of their bottles of sanitizer hanging on the walls and touched nothing I did not have to. The more we find out about this virus the worse it gets. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2020 @ 10:25

2. Good for them!!! I guess you’ve read/heard that our governor has declared EVERYONE must wear a mask starting tomorrow (the 1st). Of course enforcing it is another thing entirely.

Comment by Nan — June 30, 2020 @ 11:17

• Hello Nan. No but I love it. We really needed a national plan to combat this virus, but thankfully a few governors stepped up and worked hard to save people. I was reading how the republicans are challenging vote by mail in Pennsylvania in the courts but they are not challenging the mail in voting in Washington state. I wonder why? What do you think? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2020 @ 12:39

• Who knows why the Repukes do any of the things they do? Wait! I take that back. We DO know … and it’s all related to keeping them in POWER.

Comment by Nan — June 30, 2020 @ 13:22