July 13, 2020

The Washington Post: Federal officers severely wounded a Portland protester. Local leaders blame Trump.

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 09:12

Anyone who can’t access the article should let me know in the comments. The Washington Post is hit or miss with letting people read the articles. Hugs

Federal officers severely wounded a Portland protester. Local leaders blame Trump.
The protester, 26-year-old Donavan LaBella, suffered a fractured skull and required facial reconstruction surgery after a less-than-lethal munition hit him in the head.

Read in The Washington Post: https://apple.news/AWkL5sr31SsG3YT7mdb9-7w

Shared from Apple News

Sent from my iPad,Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. WaPost – no access. I was able to access article at https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Portland-protester-severely-wounded-in-incident-15403859.php.

And the government will walk away scot-free while the family will have to bear the financial burden of his injury.

Comment by Nan — July 13, 2020 @ 12:14

• Hello Nan. Yes and the young man will have a lifetime of pain and suffering because tRump wanted to look tough and federal asshole law enforcers got to play urban cowboy Rambo. They took over an area which shows tRump and his thug crew are deeply fascist. We are now seeing a fight for the very soul of the country, what will this country be. The authoritarians are fighting with everything they have to maintain the system they have that favors them and harms others. And tRump crows and boasts because he is too stupid to realize or even care of the damage he is doing to stroke his ego. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 14, 2020 @ 06:34

• We MUST Dump Trump 2020!!

I tend to think things will calm down once he’s out of office. It won’t happen overnight, that’s for sure, but I think Biden will immediately begin making changes and putting corrective actions into place. (On a sidenote — I so wish one of the women candidates had ended up being where Biden is. I think any one of them would have metaphorically slapped Trump alongside the head within seconds after taking the oath.)

Comment by Nan — July 14, 2020 @ 11:57

• Hello Nan. I am not so sure. I was just reading that a maga hat wearing gun carrying middle aged man showed his gun to a teenaged check out clerk at a fast food restaurant because the teen asked him to wear a mask as the state required. The man said he had an exemption as he showed the kid his gun. This is the type person we are up against. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 14, 2020 @ 13:02

• The very fact that he was wearing a MAGA hat is what I’m talking about. Once Trump is out of office, his “symbols” will become invalid, plus I think it will become obvious within a comparatively short amount of time that things like this won’t be supported (and praised) as they have been by Trump. I’m NOT saying it will all go away overnight (or even for many months), but Trump has indirectly given “permission” for much of the stuff that’s been going on — for sure he doesn’t condemn any of it!!! — so once he’s gone, I really think things will calm down. No, they won’t ever go away completely … Biden will definitely get his share of attacks and ugliness … but the very fact a Democrat is in office will mean changes will be forthcoming.

I sincerely think we need to start thinking positive, Scottie. I know it’s difficult when we see/hear/read about all the stuff that’s going on, but I strongly believe we must start focusing on better times. We simply CANNOT let the negativity that’s exemplified in Trump overcome us.

Dump Trump 2020!

Comment by Nan — July 14, 2020 @ 13:24

• Hello Nan. I prefer to think of it as being prepared. I listen to what the cult of tRump is up to, what SPTV is saying because I want to be prepared to act in opposition as best as possible. My wonder about the maga cult will be what they and their leader will do in the three months after he loses before he is forced to leave. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 14, 2020 @ 13:31

• I want to be prepared to act in opposition as best as possible. I understand … except what more can we do than what we’re already doing? I admit it’s very possible that violence will break out — but that’s already happening with the BLM movement. Yes, it could become worse, but again, what actions can WE take at that point?

Maybe I’m missing something here. I know the odds of Trump exiting peacefully … and his supporters accepting the exit … probably isn’t going to happen. But again, what would be your suggested course of action?

Dump Trump 2020!

Comment by Nan — July 14, 2020 @ 13:54

• Hello Nan. Just what you said, what we are all doing already. We are using our blogs and voices, some are protesting, others are active in standing other ways. We don’t have to keep doing more, we just have to keep doing what we are already doing. Keep up the pressure, keep educating, keep telling the truth, and keep not letting the maga hateful bigots be the only ones people are hearing. IMO. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 14, 2020 @ 15:38

• Just a bit of a sidenote … on my post entitled “Answers from Trump Supporters,” i approved a comment by someone that wrote “Just a bunch of whiney snowflakes” and said I’d be happy to hear her defense. What do you think are the chances she’ll respond? 😂🤣🤣

Comment by Nan — July 14, 2020 @ 15:45

• Hello Nan. I don’t know but no one can compete with the Whiner In Chief for the title of biggest snowflake. Really all tRump does is whine about how badly he is being treated, no one has been as badly used as him, the press hates him, the Democrats & press & every other non maga person has been out to destroy him even though he has done everything perfectly and has created a utopia. So I don’t want to hear any snowflake crap from people who need to carry semi automatic weapons to order fast food and think wearing a mask is too hard, not to mention these weekend warriors who claimed they were willing to hide in bunkers who managed to go totally stir crazy in 6 weeks with every streaming device and food delivery service. Ya, really showing they are the alphas.
                      Hugs