The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

image

‘Defund the police’ means reallocating resources to agencies that are better equipped to prevent and handle certain societal problems.

8 thoughts on “‘Defund the police’ means reallocating resources to agencies that are better equipped to prevent and handle certain societal problems

1. Nan says:

It’s actually been a VERY poor choice of words from the very beginning … and even when it’s “explained,” the dye has been cast.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. Yes I agree it is a horrible choice of words. It was done by real people on the street with no idea of the political savvy. We often talked about the word Socialist as in Democratic Socialist or Social Democrat is what we already are and not Stalinist Russia or Castro Cuba. The problem with Democrats is they play by gentleman rules, while the other side plays by gurrillia rules. I am tired of this. No the Democrats shouldn’t be lawless asholes, but we should stop thinking the other side is decent and willing to play by the rules.

So as we have successfully changed the meaning in the minds of most people of the word Socialist, we now must pound the point home about Defund The Police. I admit I am tired of trying to deal and dumb my stuff down to the knuckle draggers. The rest of the US is better than that.

Really I look at the polls I look at how people look over the issues, and the fact is the majority of the people in the US are progressive. There is a huge network of wealthy businesses trying to stop that and the Republicans paid by those wealthy businesses try their best to stop any progressive advancement. But when polled by issues the majority by any where from 75 to 98 % of the voters want them. The majority is being held back by the minority trying to force things most of the people don’t want enforced on everyone. Be well. Hugs

1. Nan says:

If you haven’t yet, read Heather’s latest (7/21) newsletter where she talks about the Ohio Republican House speaker that GOT CAUGHT for racketeering … money laundering in exchange for a public bailout for an ailing company.

A perfect example of what you said in your comment.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. No I missed a lot of the places I love to get to each day. I had to go have a new crown put in, the one they did was defective, and then I spent most of the rest of my day trying to deal with simply getting my monthly morphine. Morphine is one of the most well researched and commonly used drug worldwide. The reason is it works and has very little side effects. It can depress breathing in large doses, which seems to be what the current Florida government is using as an excuse to make getting morphine a huge hassle. But that is what you have your doctor to monitor. Instead the people in state government with no medical training want to make getting needed pain relief for people like me impossible. I really wonder why? I think it is different groups like the alcohol companies and the different pharmaceutical groups that are marketing far more expensive pain drugs. Several times my pain doctor has suggested moving me to fentanyl patches. Anyway the pharmacist I talked to today said he was sorry, he understood but I was going to have a continuing fight with “city hall” as the people in the legislature with no medical or even higher education degrees are making medical decisions. I was talking with him how I had been on much higher doses in the past. He found one of the biggest problems with getting my prescriptions filled is that the computer wouldn’t release them, because no insurance approval. He was the fourth person I had to explain I had no insurance and was paying out of pocket. Once I explained that he could manually release the prescription. He was the fourth person I had explained that two in three days. It seems the industry has set it up that unless you get an insurance companies approval you can not get your prescription unless the pharmacist overrides the system. Think of having to do that every month. The system is very flawed. it is geared to insurance agencies.

I am going to bed. Ron got home 2 hours ago, I helped him get his stuff in from the car, I served him supper and I cleaned it up. I am beat. Hope I can be back on line in the morning. Hugs

1. Nan says:

Sorry about the morphine problems. If it’s not one thing, it’s a dozen or so more, huh?

I’m glad Ron made it home safely, but I hope he doesn’t keep you away from your beloved computer! We (I) miss you when you’re baking bread and cookies and fixing dinner instead of posting news stuff on your blog! 😕

C’ya in the AM!

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I am hoping he will get interested in his projects now. It may take a few days to get into a rhythm but i think it will be OK. The job loss and uncertainty along with his brother being so ill really got his anxiety soaring. He has got all of that resolved as best as possible. Hugs

2. Muffy Marshall says:

hi Scottie, I love this cartoon, and upon finding you as the author, I like what you stand for. I look forward to following your blog. Thank you, muffy

1. Scottie says:

Hello Muffy. Welcome to my Toy Box, I hope you find much here to enjoy. I did not create the cartoon, I am not sure who did. I simply reposted / shared it. Hugs