The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

Portland Mom Describes Being Struck In The Face By Projectile During Protest

“I could hear a marching band playing in the intersection to our left. I didn’t notice anything in particular happening around me or in front of me in those moments. I was looking around, looking forward, and taking it in.”

“Just before 11 pm, I heard a BOOM and felt something hit my face.”

It’s unclear what it was that hit Jessie-Uyanik or whether it came from federal agents or Portland police, though she would not be the first protester to be hit in the face and have to be rushed to the hospital because a fed fired upon them at short range. Thankfully, her fellow moms and other protesters were there for her.

“I fell backwards into the other moms, who must have caught me because I don’t remember hitting the ground,” she wrote. A mystery hero called for a medic and carried her out of harm’s way. “I never saw this person because there was blood gushing down my face, but I am forever grateful for them for swiftly and selflessly carrying me to safety.”

Volunteer medics, who have become a common sight at 2020 Black Lives Matter protests, stopped the bleeding and when an ambulance wouldn’t come, transported the mom to the hospital themselves.

“I am in awe of the care and compassion shown to me by these volunteer medics and protesters alike,” said Jessie-Uyanik. “I felt safe in their presence.”

More at the link above.   Hugs

6 thoughts on “Portland Mom Describes Being Struck In The Face By Projectile During Protest

1. Nan says:

I “liked” this only because you reported it, but I didn’t “like” the fact she was injured. This whole scenario is getting so out-of-hand one wonders what it’s going to take to end it. Someone actually being killed? But then again, knowing Trump, he would blame it on the protesters.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I posted how the protests were done, down to no one there and were not ever focused on the federal building, until tRump sent the federal secret police there to start trouble. Many of the people I listen to say that the protestors should ignore the secret police, go a block away and protest, and stuff like that. Make the feds come away from the building if they still want to cause trouble. Right now the protests are on the feds turf and it looks good for tRump in a way. Take that away and anything they do like kidnaping people really hurts tRump. So ignore the federal courthouse and keep up public peaceful protests and take all the power away from tRump. I like that. I still think the pictures of military dressed secret police violently taking down and hurting people with leaf blowers and moms is bad for trump. But I can see taking away any of his ammo. Hugs

2. Nan says:

I just spent the last 30 minutes TRYING to watch the hearing related to Barr. What a fiasco! The Repukes just quote the party’s political perspective (reinforcing it for anyone who is watching) and the Dems actually question the actions of Barr.

One of the things that’s been a bit disturbing is when the Dems accuse Barr, they won’t let him answer and instead reference their “time allowed.” Then the Repukes come along and lay out their version of events and give Barr the opportunity to agree. While I do understand the psychology here, from a viewer’s POV, it seems like it would be beneficial if the Dems would allow him to respond so viewers could watch him squirm and make up answers to defend himself.

Anyway … for sure the Dems are hammering him. But I finally had to give up listening … it was making my stomach hurt. 😣

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. Did you see where Jim Jordan offered an edited video that accused CNN of saying the protestors were non-violent so that Barr could claim the protests were riots and the protestors destroying property. I do not understand the value of having hearings with any high level administration person because they only lie and evade, act like assholes and abuse the system. It is political theater. Hugs

1. Nan says:

I didn’t see that, but read about it (Heather’s newsletter?). Like I said, I could only take so much …

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I don’t blame you. I get so tired of the howler monkey crap that these guys think makes them look smart. It makes them look like thugs and jerks. And that goes for any of them that can not talk and ask questions in a reasonable civilized manner. Hugs