The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

10 thoughts on “Daily morning cartoon / meme roundup: tRumplandia

1. Keith says:

Scottie, the AOC comic seems to be right of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail. ” Well done. Mr. Yoho forgot a key rule. If you are in the public’s eye and choose to be a jerk, make sure no one else is around. It still amazes me that so many politicians pretend than did not say something, when they are recorded or witnessed saying that very thing. Keith

1. Scottie says:

Hello Keith. The gaslighting has been done so long politicians think people will always buy whatever they say. What bothers me is the non-apologies when they are finally backed into a corner. Rather than stand up and admit their mistake, take responsibility, these people simply cannot bring themselves to admit they were wrong. Hugs

1. Keith says:

Scottie, I was glad to see a Board of a non-profit ask Yoho to resign from the Board. I get back to civil discourse. The lack of such was apparent before Trump, but he is someone no child or citizen should emulate. If he wants to be deemed presidential, it would help if he acted the part. Keith

1. Scottie says:

Hello Keith. During the 2016 election and at maga rallies interviewers have asked the cult members if they would want / let their children act like tRump and they would reply no, yet then say all positive stuff about tRump. Even when asked specific questions about tRump’s behavior they would try to spin it in as a good thing. One man was asked if he had daughters, yes he replied. He was asked about the grab them by the pussy remark, if he wanted his daughters treated that way. He replied that if it was tRump then it would OK with him. That is the what has become of the former Republican base as the party tent has become smaller and then smaller again. This is what elected Republicans have come to be and represent so they feel free to act this way also. The reason there is no civil discourse is because the howler monkeys think it makes them look bad to be civil. They need the chest thumping drama. I do not hold out much hope for democracy until they are fully routed from office. Hugs

1. Scottie says:

Hello SaaniaSparkle 🧚🏻‍♀️. Thank you. Welcome to my Toy Box. I have many things here and I hope you find things to enjoy. Hugs

2. Nan says:

Bone Spurs!! Yes! Perfect excuse. Worked once before … why not now???!? 😈

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. The more I read about the school reopening plans and the science that shows it is completely unworkable, the more I realize it is only driven by the greed of the Republican leaders who do not seem to care of the sickness, strain on the healthcare system, and the deaths it will cause. It is getting really clear elected Republicans see the lower incomes / workers as just numbers, faceless cogs in the economic engine that drives their wealth and power. We really need a complete change in the current system so that the people actually matter in the very society they are funding. The system has been changed to value only the top rungs which have shifted the burden of funding the country on to the lower incomes who can least afford it. Hugs

1. Nan says:

Scottie, I’m sure you’re not just now figuring this out ?!!? It is getting really clear elected Republicans see the loser incomes / workers as just numbers, faceless cogs …

I don’t want this statement to be all-inclusive because there are exceptions, but from my perspective, this is the true of just about anyone that supports the Republican viewpoint. It’s all about ME! And what better example than what’s happening with this virus … most obviously, refusing masks. But so many other actions as well that I’m sure I don’t need to renumerate.

“I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.”

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. Well said. You and I understand your last quote. I am afraid the cult of tRump and his howler monkeys simply can not understand it. Wish you well. Hugs