The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

8 thoughts on “Lion in the classroom

1. I love the kid playing an orange ukelele.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Polly. Maybe he was thinking of music to soothe a savage breast. Music has the power to enchant even the roughest of people. Nice idea but it wont work on a virus will it? The satire does put the idea of returning kids to open schools in perspective. It is like having an uncontrolled deadly beast in there with them. Hugs

2. Reblogged this on silverapplequeen and commented:

Ain’t this the truth?

1. Scottie says:

Hello Polly. Thank you for the reblog. Hugs

3. Nan says:

I wonder if this was sent to our wise and esteemed “leader” if he would get the connection?

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. No as I told Keith, reason and rationality do not seem to be part of this administration and it’s followers. Right now the lion is in the streets, every store, every restaurant and bar, and yet people still go to them without proper lion protection. I am worried. A few days ago Ron started with a stomach bug. Then I got it before we realized it. It is not covid 19, more stomach intestinal distress ( and you know what those symptoms include, including nausea.) and being really tired. But with all the protections we both take and me limiting my going out only to doctors offices ( which are high germ places I know ) it is shocking how we got this. Now imagine how much more virulent the covid virus is. Plus since losing Ron’s work insurance my allergy treatments have stopped, and that is running me down. Now think of all the kids with allergies who have lost their insurance coverage, the families without insurance coverage. Even if the parents could go to work getting the virus would keep them out of the work place again and with no income and no healthcare coverage. I pointed out yesterday every elected official that gets covid and has to stay out of work still gets their pay. Not us. Then Democrats agree with Republicans to cut the $600 keeping us afloat. WTF, Hugs

1. Nan says:

When you wrote “no insurance coverage,” it immediately made me think of the kids/people with diabetes. They will DIE without medication. Of course, they aren’t the only ones, but this is close to home because my granddaughter has Type 1 — although I’m pretty sure she, at least, has coverage through her hubby’s insurance (he’s a Sheriff’s Deputy).

The fact that some people are unable to see beyond their own personal circumstance is mind-boggling. I’m talking, of course, about the politicians who are sitting in the Halls of Congress and deciding who gets what and how much … while they go home to their mansions.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I hope the best for your granddaughter. Yes 33 other advanced countries have managed to do what the great US cannot, which is provide their people with adequate health coverage. Yet it doesn’t seem to matter to those elected to serve the people. I just seen this morning that both the House and Senate adjourned, with the House not coming back until the Republicans work out their own plan to give to the House Democrats to negotiate. While people are struggling with massive unemployment, loss of housing, loss of health insurance, loss of everything basically our government went on paid vacation. I am so sick of conservatives and that includes the current Democratic leadership. Hugs