The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

7 thoughts on “Protect the Postal Service

1. Nan says:

You know, shame on me, but I forget that many people get their medications by mail. When I hear of mail being left behind simply to “avoid overtime,” I tend to assume it’s just “regular” mail. It never enters my mind that the delayed delivery could actually mean life or death to someone.

Instead, it’s much more important to mess with deliveries because Trump is so deathly afraid he might lose the election!!?!

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I am watching a CNN clip about tRump claiming the Postal Service is losing money to Amazon and he is demanding they charge Amazon more. He goes on to claim they have old machines and just bad mouths them. He is wrong on all of it, but the thing is this administration is starving the Postal Service. The PPP act had billions of loan money for the PS but the tRump admin won’t give it to them. The new deal has a clause in it for a few hundred million loan if they raise prices on Amazon. Why loans? Wealthy companies got out right gifts, but the PS has to take loans? It is because the Republicans hate the PS and the fact that it is a government service and not a private company. But the PS goes everywhere in the country, and there are remote locations that simply are not profitable for a private company and they wouldn’t deliver there. Hugs

1. Nan says:

Sometimes it’s difficult to fathom how politicians REFUSE to see the big picture. They’re so focused on filling their own pockets, they’re have NO IDEA (nor do they care) how their (idiotic and stupid) actions affect so many people of this country. I read something today that said there is mail literally piling up in some post offices because of the new OT rules.

Trump’s personal vendettas against people are killing this country in more ways than one.

BTW, did you see my latest post? I’m really looking for people who have HBO!

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. No I am way behind stuff. I will pop over this morning to your blog and check it out. Thanks. Hugs

2. ospreyshire says:

I didn’t even think about how so many people get medications through mail. This really makes the postal service situation even more dire.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Ospreyshire. The PS goes to remote areas , rural areas that for profit services won’t go. The current situation with the PS is more of the Republicans trying to deny the people any government benefits, while making the lower incomes pay for all the government. Shifting the profit of government, the services of government to the wealthy, the cost of government to the lower incomes. They really do want to return to the bad times of robber barons and peons that slaved to eat and died young. Hugs

1. ospreyshire says:

That’s certainly true. It’s so insidious and it could lead to some kind of neo-feudalism although one could argue it’s been like that for a while.