The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

11 thoughts on “The Church needs to separate from Trump

1. I think he summed it up quite well

1. Scottie says:

Hello Chatty Introvert. Yes but will the evangelicals listen? After all they are getting the power of the government they crave and the courts they want. I think it doesn’t matter to them the morality or right vs wrong of any of this. They want power and tRump is giving it to them. Hugs

2. Nan says:

👏👏👏 Applause And whistles! And hoops and hollers!

Where was this? On Twitter? IMO, it needs WIDE exposure. Especially in some churches!!!

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I think I got it in a comment section. I agree but as I replied to Chatty Introvert for the evangelicals that love tRump it is all about the governmental power they are gaining with tRump. That is all the really want, their golden grail. They would sacrifice kids to a sex cult to gain the power in government they so clearly crave. Hugs

1. Nan says:

Scottie, I feel your comment is too generalized when you write the “evangelicals.” I really don’t think the average believer within that category cares about Trump’s power … it’s the LEADERS that want him to stay in control. Sure, there are pew-sitters who support him, but most are too busy with raising kids or, on the other end of the spectrum, taking medication to stay alive, to be that militarized about being in power.

JMO.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. Please read the post I just made on why evangelicals support tRump. 82% evangelicals polled say they will vote for tRump this election? Hugs

1. Nan says:

BTW, Episcopal churches are not generally considered as “evangelical.”

I DO understand what you’re saying. I totally agree that the LEADERS of the movement most definitely want him. AND I won’t argue that a large number of church members will vote for him. BUT … your comments make it sound like they’re ALL a bunch of militants and I just don’t think that’s the case. Many pew-sitters “follow the crowd” in the same way they “follow Jesus,” if you get my drift.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I have struggled as to what label to give to the religious people who push their faith on others no matter what the subject or place. I am talking about those who want special rights to discriminate and to use their religion to violate any laws they want. I use to use the word fundamentalist or fundamentalism. But most media uses the word evangelicals. I do not know much about the different Christian sects and you do know much more than I do about the religion.

I understand you think most of these people are just following the crowd and doing what the leaders say, but I feel most of them are passionate about tRump as the article I posted shows. They are excited and fired up thinking they are saving the babies and returning the country to its moral status, in other words forcing people to live as they want people to live. The feel empowered as they have not since the 1980’s. This is what makes them dangerous as a voting block, you can not reason with them because they are on a mission for their god.

Nan I agree not all are militant, ( I agree militant is not the correct way to describe any of these groups because to my mind it creates images of people with guns training in a military way ) but it sure seems most of them are all in it for their beliefs to me. I don’t know if it is what I read, the media I follow but I do not see the majority of these types of Christians to be laid back Sunday only Christians. I see them proudly wearing Christ on their sleeves and they glory in how the world persecutes them for their faith. Which is simply by not letting them control everyone else. I see in my area they put signs on their lawns advertising their god and tRump, they go door to door to recruit more member to their cults. They plaster their cars with god stickers, and trump ones also. The are on social media as you can see on Facebook and other such places. They come to my blog to advertise theirs, most of which I just delete as they do not even leave a comment other than god is great come see my blog type stuff.

As I wouldn’t call the BLM protesters militant and I wouldn’t call these types of Christians that either, but as I said they are passionate and I do not know a good label to put on them. Maybe you could suggest one or two? Thanks
              Hugs

1. Nan says:

Much of what you say about the religious is true, BUT … I must say again, not ALL of them. Just as the protesters in Portland … not ALL of them were aggressive and/or violent; e.g, the “mothers.”

IMO, we must be careful in how we “brand” others. Think about the ugly things some people say about gays. Are all gays guilty of these accusations?

I understand and appreciate your passion … but don’t get too caught up in the propaganda.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. I bow to your persuasion, but I would point you to the evidence of the polls and the actions of the ones not making headlines but vote and push the ideas of the church they belong to. I guess we disagree how many of these people are just going along with their church. I think that is because I have been unfortunate to work with religious people that were decent people but used their religion to stab me in the back. Nice people, but they thought that gay guy while rather nice and helpful was a degenerate and our god calls him an abomination. That was different than the outright hostility many religious people have shown.

I think the different idea we have comes down to the different experiences we have had with religious people in our lives. While you may have left a couple religions but you are still a cis woman married to a cis man, while I am an openly gay man now married to another gay man. You are not a constant target of these religions while I and my husband still are. These religious people treat us very differently in both daily activities such as when Ron and I are together dealing with a sale of a big ticket item and have to explain our relationship, when we are asked about our wife in a business setting and have to explain that it is our husband and the person asking goes cold and hostile. See Nan we face these bigoted religious people every day and the weird things is they are always Christians. The other thing it is now always older Christians. Any time the question comes up about our wife, or trying to register as a couple when there is a negative reaction it is always a older, usually a woman christian, and it happens when we least expect it. The thing that is upsetting Nan is the expectation of the person we are dealing with that we are the problem, we are the ones doing something wrong. They have such Christian privilege that they not only expect the world to be their way but demand it. I can not how many times I have mentioned my spouse in a business situation and the person responded with ” oh and what is your wife’s name”? or “how is your wife these days”? There is also the times the person I was dealing with simply left saying it was their break and someone else would come to deal with my needs. Then no one shows up. I end up sitting at a bank desk for half an hour before going to find a supervisor and getting told sorry sir , would you like to come back another day?

See Nan we have a totally different perspective on the issue of religion and the religious. I see most of them as attack dogs trying to take my rights and family away. Always looking to attack everything in my life. I see very little compassion and no love in their actions. Even the rank and file pew sitters hold these hates and views and they use it against me and people like me.

You see them differently. I understand that. You have not felt their hate in lost promotions, denial of housing, in just being denied a family card at some retail outlet. If you see the actions of Christians as I have you may have a different view.
                  Hugs