The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

7 thoughts on “Daily morning cartoon / meme roundup: What tRump is and what he has done to the US is far worse than nasty.

1. Keith says:

Scottie, when political cartoons are more sad than funny, the guy has got to go. Keith

1. Scottie says:

Hello Keith. I have always loved editorial cartoons. I think they express situations in ways words fail to sometimes. And yes the howler monkeys and their Dear Leader has to go. Hugs

2. Nan says:

The school ones were poignant.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Nan. The school situation worries me greatly. The US already clearly showed they do not value school age kids because we let school mass shootings happen rather than secure the guns. So now more kids will get sick, suffer long term health issues, and a lot of them will die for the greed of the wealthy. I read that tRump found a new doctor he is really pleased with. Unlike Dr. Fauci this new doctor says open everything, go back to normal, expose everyone, try to build up herd immunity, have sports with fans, and yes admits hospitals will be over run and many will die but hey that is the price of being human. He is economy first, your health way down the list. I have known doctors like him, only interested in their portfolios and stocks and couldn’t care about people. Hugs

1. Nan says:

Healthy people see absolutely no need to take precautions. In their minds, they are “safe.” Until they aren’t. Like the guy who voted against masks and is now in the hospital fighting for his life. It always happens to “someone else.”

3. I think we’ve officially seen and heard the end of those stories–real or fake, serious or joking–from parents and grandparents about “when I was your age” and how tough the school day or the trip was. There’s nothing funny about this. We have to implement new procedures at work that are gonna slow things down in the name of safety, but sadly won’t reduce the number of people who need services each day, which would be an even smarter move. It just started today and tomorrow’s my turn to take it for a spin. I’m already planning my deadpan delivery in the face of enraged complaints (and plenty of tylenol in my back pocket when I can), because things are gonna slow down and people are gonna pile up.

I foresee that taking everyone’s temperature when they come in and asking the 6 major questions about their recent health (and what awful person would dare to lie to our faces, even if they need the service and think it’s all a conspiracy?) is gonna prove a farce before the end of the week, just an owner and regional covering their asses while making us take the brunt of the conversation and complaints.

Wish I still had the owner’s phone number. I also wish I was stupid/brave enough that if someone wanted to complain, I could give them his direct cell number and he could kiss customer butt instead of us. Would be nice. He only seems to show up on sunshine and rainbow days. Hope my co-workers haven’t collapsed from the strain and the craziness. I’ll find out myself tomorrow. And maybe I can help make things easier on them to corporate, because hell, if they throw me out, I already quit weeks ago, so this’ll just mean a quicker exit!

1. Scottie says:

Hello Chatty Introvert. Wow, well said. I am sorry your last weeks have to be this stressful. Yes right now it is a set up for failure.

As for schooling I think most students should be remote learning. Special needs and the slowest students need to have scheduled in person teaching with proper precautions. With that much fewer students it will be easier to space them out, have few class days, to ensure better cleaning. Students today are use to spending hours and hours online reading, watching, learning. Now they will be doing it for education. Lesson plans can be created to use the many elements of the internet that already hold kids attention all day anyway. Hugs