The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

8 thoughts on “Mask mandates are not anti-freedom and are a legal public health measure

1. Xena says:

That tweet is so true. It’s a matter of public health. I compare mandatory wearing of masks to smoking laws. Since they were passed, I’ve not seen anyone go into a bar, store or restaurant and light up a cigarette, cigar or pipe. That law is to prevent others from breathing in second-hand smoke. Why can’t the anti-maskers understand that?

1. Scottie says:

Hello Xena. State Propaganda TV and right wing media have poisoned people’s minds, their ability to think rationally. If these sites had been available when the smoking ban was enacted I doubt it could have been passed. Anti-maskers, the maga cult do not bother to think for themselves, they like belonging to a herd, a community, that does as they are told. It is the same with most major religious sects, people do not reason out their faith themselves they just repeat what the guy in charge tells them. Hugs

2. Keith says:

Scottie, let us take this argument a step further. If a mask mandate is anti-freedom, then I guess the following steps can be made voluntary – wearing seat belts, wearing motorcycle helmets in states that require them, restaurant workers washing hands after going to the bathroom, doctors washing hands before operating, coaches leaving high school football players in the game after a concussive collision, etc. Maybe stop lights and stop signs should be optional.

The mask is to help the community not just the wearer. Is it too little to ask to wear a mask? Keith

1. Keith says:

PS – Scottie, the minister John Pavlovitz who asks important questions and offers pragmatic counsel posted the following:

1. Scottie says:

Hello Keith. Thank you for the link, but the Christians won’t listen. The same idea I have been posting for three years before I started posing mostly political stuff this year. They simply will not hear that which doesn’t conform to their faith or their bigotries, depending on which kind of Christian they are. Hugs

2. Scottie says:

Hello Keith. These people do not seem to have a sense of community, nor responsibility for others. With them it is all about me. My rights. My freedom. I just passed over reading three more news articles of these people ranting at store clerks and other staff for requiring them to wear masks, claiming allsorts of debunked right wing nonsense. I felt bad for the employees, they don’t make enough money for this stuff. Hugs

1. That’s why I bought a few face masks that have a huge happy face on them and it says “have a nice day!” I’m gonna kill them with kindness, dammit. I’m sick of the whiners going on. The clerks and staff at these places definitely don’t make enough to have to deal with this crap, and they shouldn’t. People just need to stop picking at the wound. Let it heal over and we’ll get to some semblance of normal sooner.

1. Scottie says:

Hello Chatty Introvert. You are correct that the clerks and staff should have to deal with the abuse. You might want to read https://www.joemygod.com/2020/08/report-mourner-from-funeral-of-trumps-brother-broke-waiters-nose-in-covid-dispute-at-restaurant/ . Hugs