The Many Things In My Toy Box ….my view may change due to verifiable evidence

A tragedy all around. If a teenager he was given the idea carrying a gun gave him authority he didn’t have from adults who should know better. People are dead and a kids life ruined due to SPTV and Republican talking points. This is what we have become and are willing to accept in the US. Hugs

Illinois teen arrested in fatal shooting at Kenosha protest, police say
A 17-year-old Illinois resident connected to an overnight shooting during a protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, was taken into custody Wednesday morning, according to police in Antioch, Illinois.

Read in CNN: https://apple.news/ArDKcr6FYRuOSfQ1OUzCeMg

Shared from Apple News

Categories: News

7 thoughts on “CNN: Illinois teen arrested in fatal shooting at Kenosha protest, police say

1. ospreyshire says:

This is disgusting. I’ve been hearing about the chaos in Kenosha. That gun-toting madman needs to face serious time. The crazy part is he didn’t have to go that far since Kenosha is really close to the IL border.

1. Scottie says:

Hello ospreyshire. The shame is the kid was radicalized by white nationalist militia members who seemed to have the support of the police. 2 people are dead, some have serious injuries, the kids life is over as he is looking at a long stretch in prison, all because people like Tucker Carlson keeps screaming that the police are letting Antfi liberal mobs destroy, loot, and burn homes and stores. He actually made a case defending the shooter. What I want to know is would the police have reacted the same if a black boy with a gun ran down the road like that? I think things would have been horribly different. Hugs

1. ospreyshire says:

Yeah, I could see that. Shame on Facebook for being soft on WST groups radicalizing people. He better get life in prison. I heard that Tucker Carlson actually supported him and the militia which is stupid and dangerous. If he was Black, then he’d get the Tamir Rice treatment (yes, I know he had a toy gun, but my point stands) without a second thought.

1. Scottie says:

Hello ospreyshire. What is a WST group? I couldn’t find it when I tried to look it up.

Oh my Gods, Tamir Rice should have been the end of all of this. I really threw up when I watched the video the first time. I was a trained and carried a gun for a living. That video shows police doing everything I was trained NOT to do. Seriously that was some real racist shit and over every line. To simply drive up to a kid and shoot him with in 2 seconds! Unacceptable!
          I wish every asshole racist would watch that video and try to tell me that was OK.

Sorry, don’t mean to go off on you, it just really upsets me a 12 year old child got killed because he was playing with a toy gun in a park and the only reason why was the color of his skin. It burns me, really. And I have no words that can comfort his parents, his family, who had to just accept that was the way things were in their country. A 12 year old black boy could be gunned down with in 2 seconds of the police showing up. More than sickening! Angry sad hugs

1. ospreyshire says:

I’m sorry about that. I was on cruise control while typing really fast, so sorry about the confusion. I was referring to those numerous ultra-right wing groups you were talking about when it came to radicalizing violent thugs.

Sorry to invoke bad memories even if that was a horrific event to start with years ago. Since you have insider info on that matter, I can see why it could be painful remembering the Tamir Rice situation. That was grossly racist and I was appalled by some people defending what that monster did.

Don’t worry about it. I knew that fury wasn’t towards me. I was angry when I first saw that video and I still am angry especially when Timothy Loehmann was treated with kid gloves. Sure, he stopped working at Cleveland PD, but he ended up in one of the suburban departments in another town.

2. Nan says:

Scottie — I just sent you an email.

1. Scottie says: